Items Similar to Pair of French 1880s Walnut Empire Style Curule Stools with New Upholstery View More
Pair of French 1880s Walnut Empire Style Curule Stools with New Upholstery
A pair of French Empire style Curule walnut tabourets stools from the late 19th century, with new upholstery and nailhead trim. Born in France during the last quarter of the 19th century, each of this pair of French stools features a rectangular seat covered with a linen fabric accented with brass nailheads, resting on an X-form curule base made of two inverted curves. A spindle-shaped cross stretcher is accented on both sides with a carved medallion surrounded by an elongated diamond motif. With their Empire style lines and linen upholstery, this pair of French Empire style Curule stools, circa 1880, will complement any décor beautifully, perhaps showcased in a bedroom or living room.
- In the Style Of
- Place of Origin
- Date of Manufacturecirca 1880
- Materials and Techniques
- Condition DetailsAge appropriate wear. Please look at the various photos available.
- WearWear consistent with age and use.
- DimensionsH 18 in. x W 19 in. x D 14.75 in.H 45.72 cm x W 48.26 cm x D 37.47 cm
- Seat Height17.5 in. (44.45 cm)
- Seller LocationAtlanta, GA
- Seller Reference NumberF 8313
- Sold AsSet of 2
- Reference NumberLU836717660022
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Our Promise To You: If you're not happy with the way an item arrived, we'll work with you and the seller to reach an optimal resolution. Read more
Shipping, Returns & Payment
- ShippingRates vary by destination and complexityShipping methods are determined by item size, type, fragility and specific characteristics.Shipping costs are calculated based on carrier rates, delivery distance and packing complexity.
- Return Policy
This item can be returned within 3 days of delivery.View details
- Online Payment Methods1stdibs accepts the following payment methods
- Item InvoiceGenerate an invoice that you can customize and print.
About the Seller
4.9 / 5
1stdibs seller since 2007
Typical response time: <1 hour
Located in Atlanta, GA
More From This Seller
Pair of English 1860s Walnut Stools with Barley...
Antique Mid-19th Century English
Upholstery, Brass, Linen, Walnut
Pair of Austrian 1880s Biedermeier Style Uphols...
Antique Late 19th Century Austrian Biedermeier
Vintage French Midcentury Giltwood Stool with S...
Mid-20th Century French Mid-Century Modern
You May Also Like
Pair of Karges X Frame French Neoclassical Rege...
Mid-20th Century American Neoclassical
Pair of Curule Stool Benches with Silk Upholstery
Antique 19th Century French Empire
$1,450 Sale Price
Italian Baroque Walnut Stool with Fortuny Uphol...
Antique 18th Century Italian Baroque
Vintage Pair of Decorative Neoclassical Curule ...
Mid-20th Century European Neoclassical
French Iron & Brass Swan Curule Stool
Vintage 1960s French Mid-Century Modern
French Renaissance Style Curule Resin and Wood ...
20th Century French Renaissance
Pair of Cream Painted Italian Regency Style Car...
20th Century American Neoclassical