Items Similar to 18th Century Georgian Demi-Lune Commode of Satinwood, Tulipwood and Harewood View More
18th Century Georgian Demi-Lune Commode of Satinwood, Tulipwood and Harewood
A fine and important George III period demilune Commode of rare small size and classical form, decorated with marquetry veneers of satinwood, tulipwood, harewood and other exotic timbers, enriched with cast and gilt metal mounts, in the manner of John Linnell, circa 1790. There are flower sprays depicted in the vase paterae, considered to be a feature exclusive to Linnell. The single door is opened with a turnkey via a camouflaged escutcheon enabling access to the concealed frieze drawer by means of a spring catch inside.
- Of the Period
- Place of Origin
- Date of Manufacturecirca 1790
- Materials and Techniques
- Condition DetailsPlease contact dealer for condition report.
- WearWear consistent with age and use.
- DimensionsH 34 in. x W 31 in. x D 16 in.H 86.36 cm x W 78.74 cm x D 40.64 cm
- Seller LocationLondon, GB
- Reference Number130327971316
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Our Promise To You: If you're not happy with the way an item arrived, we'll work with you and the seller to reach an optimal resolution. Read more
Shipping, Returns & Payment
- ShippingRates vary by destination and complexityShipping methods are determined by item size, type, fragility and specific characteristics.Shipping costs are calculated based on carrier rates, delivery distance and packing complexity.
- Return Policy
This item cannot be returned.View details
- Online Payment Methods1stdibs accepts the following payment methods
- Item InvoiceGenerate an invoice that you can customize and print.
About the Seller
5 / 5
Associations: The British Antique Dealers' Association
1stdibs seller since 2013
Typical response time: 2 hours
Located in London, GB
More From This Seller
George III period late 18th century Mahogany Co...
Antique 18th Century and Earlier British George III
An 18th century mahogany demi-lune side, consol...
Antique 1760s English George III
George II period early 18th Century Architectur...
Antique Early 18th Century English George II
George III Mahogany and Satinwood Cabinet by Jo...
Antique 1770s English George III
You May Also Like
18th Century Hepplewhite Serpentine Harewood Co...
Antique Late 18th Century English Hepplewhite
Boxwood, Padouk, Yew, Harewood
18th Century Georgian Mahogany Bedside Commode
Antique 18th Century English George III
Tall Boy in Oak or Semainier from the 18th Cent...
Antique 18th Century English Georgian
18th Century Regency Commode with Veneered Rose...
Antique 1720s French Regency
Marble, Bronze, Rosewood
18th Century Adams Satinwood Credenza / Commode
Antique Late 18th Century English Adam Style
Ebony, Mahogany, Satinwood