An unusually grand mahogany tray on a later h-stretchered matching stand. Four African fiddle-back mahogany panels are set within the tray top cross bandings. The brass hinges are of the period, and hence do not stop at a sharp right-angle. The stand is clearly 'later' and 19th century, yet an excellent grain match to the flaps and bandings. Tray and stand are not attached, and the tray bottom has 'later' runners to secure it in the stand. With handle flaps up in the vertical or 'carrying' position, the table top measures 37"x 25". The wood grainings are even more striking and the top more grandly proportioned with the flaps flat-out, horizontal.
- Of the Period
- Place of origin
- Date of manufactureLate 18th Century
- ConditionGood. Fine restored and polished antique condition. Unusual for the utilitarian nature of such a piece..
- WearWear consistent with age and use.
H 18.75 in. x W 48 in. x D 36 in.
H 47.63 cm x W 121.92 cm x D 91.44 cm
- Seller locationWoodbury, CT
- Seller reference number1309 JEEO
- Sold AsSet of 2
- Reference numberLU8667919075
About the Seller
1stdibs seller since 2009
Typical response time: 1 hr
Located in Woodbury, CT
You may also contact the seller by phone
Why Shop on 1stdibs?
Only Vetted, Professional Sellers
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Fully Insured Global Deliveries
More From This Seller
You May Also Like