- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Mid-Century Modern Curtis Jere Brutalist Metal Tree Sculpture, 1960s
- CreatorCurtis Jere (Artist)
- DimensionsHeight: 35.5 in. (90.17 cm)Width: 21 in. (53.34 cm)Depth: 18 in. (45.72 cm)
- StyleMid-Century Modern (Of the Period)
- Materials and Techniques
- Date of Manufacture1966
- ConditionWear consistent with age and use. Light patina to metal consistent with age and use. Light surface wear to wood base.
- Seller LocationLambertville, NJ
- Reference Number1stDibs: LU1149222197492
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRates vary by destination and complexity. We recommend this shipping type based on item size, type and fragility.Ships From: Lambertville, NJ
- Return Policy
This item cannot be returned.
About Curtis Jere (Artist)
Though the name Curtis Jeré is familiar to many as the maker of ebullient and eccentric modern design from the 1960s and ‘70s, relatively few are aware that it is a pseudonym for the design team of Curtis Freiler and Jerry Fels. Together, the two created some of the most striking and vivid furnishings and decorative objects of their era, from sculptures and dynamically framed mirrors, to lighting and wall decorations.
New Yorkers Freiler and Fels had collaborated for two decades on small jewelry lines before launching a design company called Artisan House in 1964. They combined variants of their names to create an artful persona — sometimes shortened to C. Jeré; the "surname" is pronounced with a rising inflection: jhayr-EH — that stood behind large-scale decorative metalwork, marked by semi-abstract petal forms with burnt and brazed edges. Fels served as head of design, and Freiler, known for his keen handiwork, was the production chief. The pair’s eclectic metalwork has captivated decorative art collectors and interior designers ever since.
The work of Curtis Jeré displays a sense of playfulness and curiosity, while drawing on inspirations and themes that include flowers, discs, geometric forms and animal figures. Freiler and Fels had a masterful ability to work with different materials, such as patinated brass and brilliant chrome.
The price of a Curtis Jeré mirror, lamp, wall-mounted sculpture or tabletop sculpture can range from $400 - $12,000, depending on the size, the rarity of the piece, the intricacy of the metalwork and the materials used in its construction. Other factors like condition can affect the perceived value and, thus, the cost of works by Curtis Jeré. As you will see on these pages, the imaginative powers of the designers of Curtis Jeré pieces were boundless, and their creations will add a dash of verve in any room.
- By Curtis JereLocated in Lambertville, NJMid-Century Modern metal tree sculpture by Curtis Jere. This tall dimensional botanic floor tree features torche...Category
Vintage 1960s Mid-Century Modern Figurative SculpturesMaterials
- By Curtis JereLocated in Lambertville, NJMixed metal modern table sculpture by Curtis Jere featuring brass, black and matte silver. Polished six inch mar...Category
1990s Mid-Century Modern Abstract SculpturesMaterials
Marble, Metal, Brass
- By Curtis JereLocated in Lambertville, NJMonumental and breathtaking mixed metal sculptural and Kinetic wall art piece. This unique sun burst, starburst ...Category
20th Century Mid-Century Modern Wall-mounted SculpturesMaterials
- Located in Lambertville, NJMid-Century Modern Curtis Jere style Brutalist tabletop or book shelf counter balance sculpture constructed of w...Category
Vintage 1960s Mid-Century Modern Mobiles and Kinetic SculpturesMaterials
- By Albert FeraudLocated in Lambertville, NJMid-Century Modern steel table top abstract sculpture by internationally recognized French artist Albert Feraud,...Category
Vintage 1960s French Mid-Century Modern Abstract SculpturesMaterials
You May Also Like
Vintage 1960s Mid-Century Modern Abstract Sculptures
20th Century American Sculptures
Vintage 1980s American Mid-Century Modern Floor Lamps
Vintage 1970s Mid-Century Modern Figurative Sculptures
Mid-20th Century Mid-Century Modern Natural Specimens
Vintage 1970s Mid-Century Modern Abstract Sculptures
Vintage 1970s American Mid-Century Modern Abstract Sculptures
Vintage 1960s American Mid-Century Modern Mobiles and Kinetic Sculptures
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Insured Global Delivery