Christofle "Fleuron" Ice Bucket, Cooler Bar Cart Decor Silver Plate, Glass
About the Item
- Creator:Christofle (Maker)
- Dimensions:Height: 8 in (20.32 cm)Diameter: 7.5 in (19.05 cm)
- Style:Modern (Of the Period)
- Materials and Techniques:Silver Plate,Metalwork
- Place of Origin:
- Date of Manufacture:n/a
- Condition:Wear consistent with age and use.
- Seller Location:Los Angeles, CA
- Reference Number:1stDibs: LU808934529852
Although he started his career as a jeweler in 1830 — after apprenticing with his copper jeweler brother-in-law years earlier — Charles Christofle (1805–63) recognized that Second Empire France had an untapped audience for luxury silverware and tableware.
Gold and silver gilt had been the high-end standard in the 18th century, yet society after the Industrial Revolution demanded a more affordable, but still refined, approach. So in the 1840s, Christofle cornered the market on electrolytic gilding and silver plating, dominating the hold on patents in the country for over a decade. His work soon attracted the attention of Louis-Philippe I and then Napoleon III, under whom he was named Fournisseur de l’Empereur, cementing the prestige of his brand.
While Christofle created decadent centerpieces and tableware for the French palaces — as well as prominent clients like the Orient Express — the company’s electroplating of silverware that was far less expensive than that made by silversmiths attained widespread popularity. At a time when many who could not afford gold or silver still used wooden utensils, Christofle was a game changer for at-home dining. An appearance at the 1893 World’s Columbian Exposition in Chicago furthered the company’s reach to American consumers who would soon rival the manufacturer’s European clientele.
The 20th century saw Christofle adapting to changing tastes in its offerings, such as the Aria collection, which debuted in 1985 with column-like lines on its flatware designed by Bernard Yot, and the playful egg-shaped silverware container introduced in 2015 that opens to reveal a full flatware set. The company also now sells barware, home accessories and even jewelry, harkening back to its roots. Now almost two centuries old, Christofle maintains its reputation as a leading flatware and silverware company under the ownership of the Chalhoub group, its utensils gracing tables in homes, hotels and restaurants all over the world.
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Los Angeles, CA
- Return Policy
This item cannot be returned.
- Teghini Ice Bucket Silver Plate Bar/Table in Pear ShapeBy TeghiniLocated in Los Angeles, CABeautiful ice bucket, made and designed by Teghini, Italy, Firenze. includes top, bottom and glass lining.Category
Vintage 1970s Italian Modern Sheffield and SilverplateMaterials
- Jade Snow Wong, Enamel Ice Bucket /Jar on Copper, SignedBy Jade Snow WongLocated in Los Angeles, CAThis is a large piece for the artist and many of her works are in Museums.Category
Vintage 1960s American Modern BarwareMaterials
- Rosewood, Palisander Tall, Ice Bucket by Jens Quistgaard for Dansk, StampedBy Jens Quistgaard, DanskLocated in Los Angeles, CAGreat ice buacket designed, by Quistgaard, made for Dansk.Category
Vintage 1960s Danish Modern BarwareMaterials
- Napier Silver Plate Cocktail Shaker, Travel Size "King"By Napier Co.Located in Los Angeles, CAAdorable traveling size cocktail shaker by the well known company Napier. High quality designs and products.Category
Vintage 1930s American Art Deco Sheffield and SilverplateMaterials
- Napier/ Meriden, Silver Plated Cocktail Shaker Designed by Emil Schuelke, "Cone"By Napier Co., Emil SchuelkeLocated in Los Angeles, CAHighly coveted Art Deco cocktail shaker, by Napier a Meriden Connecticut Co." Cone design".Category
Vintage 1930s American Art Deco BarwareMaterials
- Napier, Art Deco Set, One and Two Shots/Jigger, Cup Measures, Silver PlateBy Napier Co.Located in Los Angeles, CABeautiful Art Deco shots, Napier & Co.One and two fingers for shot size.Category
Early 20th Century American Art Deco BarwareMaterials
- Art Deco Christofle silver plate cooler or ice bucket, France, circa 1930By ChristofleLocated in Toronto, OntarioChristofle Art Deco Silver Plate Wine Bucket Cooler, C.1930 Very slightly tapered form, plain with ribbed band surround, swing reeded handle, conforming in design. Marked with Christ...Category
Vintage 1930s French Art Deco BarwareMaterials
- Christofle Art Deco Silver Plate Wine Bucket Cooler, C.1930By ChristofleLocated in Toronto, OntarioChristofle Art Deco silver plate wine bucket cooler, C.1930 Very slightly tapered form, plain with ribbed band surround, swing reeded handle,...Category
Vintage 1930s Art Deco Wine CoolersMaterials
- Mid-Century Silver Plated Ice Bucket by ChristofleBy ChristofleLocated in Miami, FLFrench Christofle Silver Plated Windsor Ice bucket. Designed by Lino Sabattini. Circa 1961. Excellent condition with hallmarks and signed.Category
20th Century French Mid-Century Modern BarwareMaterials
- Vintage Christofle France Silver Plate Ice or Champagne Bucket BarwareBy ChristofleLocated in Casale Monferrato, ITBeautiful elegant French Chistofle vintage ice or champagne bucket is Modern. It is hallmarked on the bottom with the "Chrisotel" is a brand used by the famous French silversmith Chr...Category
Vintage 1980s French BarwareMaterials
- Christofle Vintage Gallia Silver Plate Ice or Champagne Bucket BarwareBy ChristofleLocated in North Miami, FLThis timeless and elegant French Chistofle vintage ice or champagne bucket is Mid-Century Modern. It is hallmarked on the bottom with the Christofle France mark and Orfevre makers mark. it reads Coll Gallia from that particular collection. This is an early piece late 50s or early 60s. It has great gage of weight and the 4 step pedestal base makes for an Art Deco to transitional to modern look. This was the original production. The Gallia collection was produced as per Christofle in Saint Denis just north of Paris. Perfect for your entertaining needs and barware. It is 10.5." wide x 9.5" height x 7.5 inches diameter and weighs approx. 3 lbs. It is in great vintage condition. We polished it but not professionally. This is a true Classic Christofle ice...Category
Vintage 1950s French Mid-Century Modern BarwareMaterials
- Mid-Century Era Christofle Silver Plated Ice Bucket or Bottle ChillerBy ChristofleLocated in Hamilton, OntarioThis vintage ice bucket or bottle chiller was made by the renowned Christofle company of France in approximately 1965 in an Art Deco style. This handled bucket is composed of silver ...Category
Mid-20th Century French Art Deco BarwareMaterials
Recently ViewedView All
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Trusted Global Delivery