- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Baker Furniture Regency Cherry Wood Demilune Console or Bar Cabinet, Refinished
About the Item
- Creator:Baker Furniture Company (Manufacturer)
- Dimensions:Height: 34 in (86.36 cm)Width: 37 in (93.98 cm)Depth: 15.5 in (39.37 cm)
- Style:Regency (In the Style Of)
- Materials and Techniques:
- Place of Origin:
- Date of Manufacture:circa 1980s
- Condition:Refinished. Newly refinished. Excellent condition.
- Seller Location:South Bend, IN
- Reference Number:Seller: 82801stDibs: LU2745327840892
Baker Furniture Company
Owing to the company’s collaborations with many leading designers and artists over time, vintage Baker furniture is consistently sought after today. The heritage brand’s chairs, dining tables, desks and other pieces are widely known to collectors and design enthusiasts for their fine craftsmanship and durability.
Within a few decades of its launch, Baker Furniture Company evolved into one of the largest and most important furniture manufacturers in the United States, and became known for its high-quality production standards. Siebe Baker and business partner Henry Cook founded the original iteration of Baker Furniture Company in 1890 in Allegan, Michigan, after immigrating to the United States from the Netherlands. Allegan is a small town west of Grand Rapids, which, at that time was home to Widdicomb Furniture Co. and more and was known as America’s furniture capital. The company manufactured doors and interior moldings, and introduced a combination desk and bookcase in 1893. In the early 1900s, Siebe became sole owner of the business.
Among others, stage designer Joseph Urban and modernist designer Kem Weber contributed designs to Baker in the 1920s. In 1932, under the leadership of Siebe’s son, Hollis, who started at the company as a salesman but took the reins when his father passed in 1925, Baker Furniture introduced bedroom pieces and debuted its Manor House collection, which made reproductions of European furnishings available to the American market. (Hollis was an avid traveler and procured antiques overseas for the company to reproduce in the United States.) Soon, Baker Furniture Company moved to Holland, Michigan, and eventually opened showrooms in Grand Rapids and elsewhere.
Pioneering Scandinavian designer Finn Juhl created a Danish modern line for Baker in 1951, and the company produced his award-winning Chieftain chair for a short time. In the late 1950s, Baker introduced the Milling Road label to reach a younger audience with stylish but less costly furnishings like console tables, walnut dining chairs and more, and in 1961, British furniture designer T.H. Robsjohn-Gibbings introduced a modern neoclassical line at Baker.
The 1960s and ’70s saw the introduction of historic reproduction furniture lines such as Woburn Abbey and the Historic Charleston collection, which remain very popular to this day. In 1990, Baker was licensed to produce a furniture line from Colonial Williamsburg. That same year, the Smithsonian Museum introduced Baker’s Chippendale chair into its permanent collection and the Grand Rapids Art Museum dedicated an exhibition to Baker’s 100-year anniversary, a showcase that included 150 pieces of furniture Siebe Baker had collected as part of a larger assortment that had served as inspiration for his designs.
Today, vintage Baker furniture, such as its elegant mahogany nightstands and teak credenzas — particularly those crafted by Finn Juhl — sees high demand online and elsewhere. The company continues to produce contemporary collections with well-known designers such as Bill Sofield, Barbara Barry and Kara Mann and remains on par with some of the highest quality furniture in the industry.
Browse vintage Baker armchairs, sofas, coffee tables and more on 1stDibs.
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: South Bend, IN
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 1 day of delivery.
- Baker Furniture English Regency Mahogany Lyre Base Console Table, RefinishedBy Baker Furniture CompanyLocated in South Bend, INA gorgeous English Regency or Georgian style console table or sofa table By Baker Furniture USA, Circa 1980s Banded mahogany, with ...Category
Late 20th Century American Regency Console TablesMaterials
- Baker Furniture Federal Mahogany and Satinwood Demilune Cabinet, RefinishedBy Baker Furniture CompanyLocated in South Bend, INAn exceptional Federal style demilune sideboard or bar cabinet By Baker Furniture USA, Circa 1980s Mahogany and satinwood, with original brass hardware. Cabinet locks...Category
Late 20th Century American Federal CabinetsMaterials
- Baker Furniture Queen Anne Cherry and Burl Wood Console Table, Newly RefinishedBy Baker Furniture CompanyLocated in South Bend, INA gorgeous Queen Anne style console table or sofa table By Baker Furniture USA, Circa 1980s Carved cherry and burl woods with shel...Category
Late 20th Century American Queen Anne Console TablesMaterials
- Baker Furniture French Provincial Cherry and Burl Wood Console or Sofa TableBy Baker Furniture CompanyLocated in South Bend, INA gorgeous French Provincial Louis XV style console table or sofa table By Baker Furniture USA, Circa 1960s Book-matched burled walnut top with burled olive wood banding, carved solid cherry wood cabriole legs...Category
Vintage 1960s American French Provincial Console TablesMaterials
- Baker Furniture Regency Inlaid Walnut Writing Desk or Console TableBy Baker Furniture CompanyLocated in South Bend, INAn exceptional Regency or Georgian style drop leaf writing desk or console table By Baker Furniture USA, circa 1960s Walnut, with satinwood banding, and ebony and satinwood ...Category
Vintage 1960s American Regency Desks and Writing TablesMaterials
Ebony, Satinwood, Walnut
- Baker Furniture Chinoiserie Burl Wood Commode or Bar Cabinet, Circa 1960sBy Baker Furniture CompanyLocated in South Bend, INAn outstanding mid-century Hollywood Regency Chinoiserie commode, server, or bar cabinet By Baker Furniture USA, Circa 1960s Burled walnut, with original brass hardware. ...Category
Mid-20th Century American Mid-Century Modern Commodes and Chests of DrawersMaterials
- Stunning Pair Baker Hollywood Regency Demilune Console or Bar CabinetBy Baker Furniture CompanyLocated in Pemberton, NJLovely pair of Baker demilune console tables. They have a uniquely shaped marble top, over 2 cylindrical doors, raised on bracket feet. We love the o...Category
Vintage 1960s American Hollywood Regency Console TablesMaterials
- Pair of Vintage Modern Baker Dressers by Michael TaylorBy Baker Furniture Company, Michael TaylorLocated in Brooklyn, NYThis stylish pair of vintage modern dressers make a unique addition to any interior, featuring Michael Taylor design for Baker furniture. Quality construction meets timeless style wi...Category
20th Century American Mid-Century Modern DressersMaterials
Metal$4,160 Sale Price20% Off
- European Style King BedLocated in Westwood, NJA European-style king bed with a heritage-style headboard. This bed has a modern classic design, inspired by an 18th-century Neo Classic antique, and has ...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Asian Modern Beds and Bed FramesMaterials
Wood$5,315 / item
- Hepplewhite Style Mahogany Demilune Cabinet by Leighton HallBy Leighton Hall FurnitureLocated in Suwanee, GAThis is a new traditional mahogany Demilune two door cabinet. It’s design was inspired by the Hepplewhite cabinets from the Regency period and features a classic Hepplewhite demilune...Category
2010s American Regency Commodes and Chests of DrawersMaterials
- Regency Style Baker Furniture Credenza by Michael VanderbylBy Michael Vanderbyl, Baker Furniture CompanyLocated in Peabody, MAA modern regency sideboard designed by Michael Vanderbyl for Baker Furniture, ca. early 1990s.Category
1990s American Regency SideboardsMaterials
Mahogany$2,895 Sale Price21% Off
- Midcentury French Regency Style Baker Furniture Lighted Display CabinetBy Baker Furniture CompanyLocated in Parkesburg, PAmidcentury French Regency Style Baker Furniture lighted 1 piece display cabinet. French and Dutch influence, Arched Top Center Molding. Stepped Columns with Rosewood Accents. Brass T...Category
Mid-20th Century Regency CabinetsMaterials
- Inlaid Regency Console CabinetLocated in Wilson, NCThe top of this mahogany inlaid Regency console cabinet is inlaid with interlaced boxwood inlay that frames an inlaid center panel with three classical urns suspended by bow tied rib...Category
Antique 1820s English CabinetsMaterials
Brass$5,575 Sale Price28% Off
- English Regency Console CabinetLocated in Wilson, NCThe top of this mahogany Regency console cabinet is faux painted to simulate sienna marble. The stiles have gold Egyptian capitals and terminate in recessed panel feet. The door has ...Category
Antique 1830s English CabinetsMaterials
Metal, Gold$2,600 Sale Price20% Off
- Tommi Parzinger Style Hollywood Regency Yellow & White Cabinet or ConsoleBy Tommi ParzingerLocated in Saint Louis, MO1960s Hollywood Regency cabinet or console professionally refinished in yellow and white lacquer with original Chinoiserie medallion hardware and mirror top in the style of Tommi Par...Category
Vintage 1960s American Hollywood Regency CabinetsMaterials
- Baker Furniture Fruitwood Breakfront China Cabinet or Bookcase, or ServerBy Baker Furniture CompanyLocated in Milford, NHA Fine example of a two part fruitwood breakfront china cabinet, bookcase, or server, its upper case with a burled walnut veneer central pediment and molded cornice surmounting three...Category
20th Century American CabinetsMaterials
- Italian Hollywood Regency Hanging Wall Cabinet or Console Table after James MontBy James MontLocated in Philadelphia, PAA chic looking hanging cabinet that can be used in any room of the house. Very reminiscent of James Mont designs. It features a patinated wood case with metal ornamental fronts and t...Category
Vintage 1960s Italian Hollywood Regency Console TablesMaterials
Recently ViewedView More
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Trusted Global Delivery