Items Similar to Malahide Castle George II Irish Marble-Top and Mahogany Console / Slab Table
- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
1 of 21
Malahide Castle George II Irish Marble-Top and Mahogany Console / Slab Table
Important circa 1750 Irish George II mahogany side table with lacquered-brass mounts showing the influence of French taste in mid-18th century English and Irish furniture design. This regal slab table has a rectangular grey-veined white marble top with re-entrant corners and molded edge. The mahogany frieze is mounted with pierced foliate, scrolls, and repeating palmettes issuing acanthus leaves. The faceted cabriole legs are mounted with rocaille and foliate pierced mounts above faceted pad feet with rocaille sabots. The back legs probably later shaped. Provenance: The late Lord Talbot de Malahide, Malahide Castle, Co. Dublin, sold on the Premises, 10 May 1976, lot 90.
- DimensionsHeight: 30.25 in. (76.84 cm)Width: 52 in. (132.08 cm)Depth: 26 in. (66.04 cm)
- StyleGeorge II (Of the Period)
- Materials and Techniques
- Place of Origin
- Date of Manufacture1750-1760
- ConditionWear consistent with age and use.
- Seller LocationCharleston, SC
- Reference NumberSeller: DSA78801111stDibs: LU887017880111
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRates vary by destination and complexity.Ships From: Charleston, SC
- Return Policy
This item cannot be returned.
About the Seller
Located in Charleston, SC
5 / 5
These experienced sellers undergo a comprehensive evaluation by our team of in-house experts.
Established in 1996
1stDibs seller since 2010
126 sales on 1stDibs
Typical response time: <1 hour
More From This Seller
- Located in Charleston, SCThis Irish Rococo console has carved gilded wood cabriole legs and white marble top with cabinet makers stamp "S...Category
Antique Late 18th Century Irish George III Console TablesMaterials
- Located in Charleston, SCA rare West Indies regency serving table, circa 1820, featuring five drawers (four side and one center drawer wi...Category
Antique Early 19th Century Jamaican Regency Serving TablesMaterials
- Located in Charleston, SCThis English Chippendale style table was made in the mid-18th century, circa 1760 It has a mahogany body with Ma...Category
Antique Mid-18th Century English Chippendale Serving TablesMaterials
- By Shop of Thomas JohnstonLocated in Charleston, SCThis 18th century whimsical giltwood console is designed in the French 'picturesque' style. The console is hand ...Category
Antique Late 18th Century Irish Rococo Console TablesMaterials
- Located in Charleston, SCThis Grand pair of Irish Rococo consoles have carved gilded wood cabriole legs and intricate carved stretchers w...Category
Antique 18th Century Irish George III Console TablesMaterials
- Located in Charleston, SCThis Regal Irish sideboard is made of the finest solid Cuban mahogany and has a rare stacked ring turned post ga...Category
Antique Early 19th Century Irish Regency SideboardsMaterials
You May Also Like
A Fine Irish Mahogany Marble Top Console Table
Located in Sheffield, MA
A Fine Irish Mahogany Marble Top Console Table 18th Century With a rectangular marble insert over a finely carved frieze, all resting on cabriole legs ending in pad feet. He...
Antique 18th Century Irish George II Console Tables
George II Period Walnut Pier / Console Table with Marble Top
Located in San Francisco, CA
Wonderful George II period walnut pier or console table, circa 1740, with associated marble top. Beautiful and well proportioned Brescia Violeta marble top is supported by a walnut b...
Antique 18th Century English George II Console Tables
$6,250 Sale Price
Louis Philippe Mahogany Marble-Top Console Table
Located in Laguna Beach, CA
Antique Louis Philippe mahogany marble-top console table, 19th century. Provenance, Hideaway House antiques, Los Angeles.
Antique 19th Century European Louis Philippe Console Tables
George II Marble Top Console
Located in Greenwich, CT
George II slab top table, the original Breche de Medici marble top with reentrant “baby bum” corners, over Chinese inspired mahogany base with mitered construction and retaining fant...
Antique Mid-18th Century English George II Console Tables
American Sheraton Mahogany Marble Top Console
By A. Belokopytoff
Located in Charleston, SC
American Sheraton marble top console with turned legs. All original.
Antique 19th Century American Console Tables
Anglo-Irish Mahogany Slab Serving Table with Shell Motif, Paw Feet
Located in Atlanta, GA
Probably 18th century Anglo-Irish mahogany slab serving table with shell motif, paw feet.
Antique 18th Century Serving Tables
Early 19th Century Irish George III Serving or Console Table
Located in Dublin, IE
Early 19th century Irish George III tall mahogany serpentine serving or console table, the moulded top raised over simple satinwood line inlaid frieze with three cockbeaded drawers w...
Antique Early 19th Century Irish George III Console Tables
French Mahogany And Parcel Gilt Onyx Marble Top Console Table by Maison Jansen
By Maison Jansen
Located in Stamford, CT
A grand French mahogany and parcel-gilt console table, circa 1940s, the shaped onyx marble atop a serpentine-shaped frieze, raised on four legs with fluted details. By Maison Jansen.
Vintage 1940s French Hollywood Regency Console Tables
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Insured Global Delivery