Items Similar to Fabulous 19th Century Victorian Pine and Zinc Topped Table, Circa 1870-1880 View More
Fabulous 19th Century Victorian Pine and Zinc Topped Table, Circa 1870-1880
Of great character, the unusual Victorian stained pine kitchen or farmhouse table, later used as a preparation or work table, of good size and colour, having a rectangular top, later being covered by tacked on zinc, the whole on turned legs and surviving from the late Victorian period. The condition of the table is rough around the edges but essentially good; structurally she is sound with no considerable movement in the joints. There are some pierced holes to the zinc around the edges, and some distortion to the metal, with the top having a large amount of wear and patination. The pine also shows a considerable amount of wear and tear with the stain taking on a rich colour with some areas of wear to the pine below, but proves desirable as such with both elements of this table not having been restored or ruined by being cleaned. The marriage of the zinc to the pine is a wonderful one and the zinc has taken on a beautiful patination through heavy use. Quite when the top was married to the base is hard to say with real certainty but we would say it was probably in the early part of the twentieth century given that there is an established patination and no signs of disturbance for many a year. With simply superb character to the whole this is not the sort of table you see on sale at all often and as it so effortlessly combines industrial and traditional it will be a desirable catch in todays market.
- Production TimeAvailable Now
- Of the Period
- Place of Origin
- Date of Manufacturecirca 1880
- Materials and Techniques
- Condition DetailsPlease see description for full condition report and photographs for visual reference.
- WearWear consistent with age and use.
- DimensionsH 29.25 in. x W 60.25 in. x D 45 in.H 74.3 cm x W 153.04 cm x D 114.3 cm
- Seller LocationBedford, GB
- Seller Reference Number1533
- Reference NumberLU194435796503
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Our Promise To You: If you're not happy with the way an item arrived, we'll work with the seller on your behalf to ensure you're satisfied with the resolution. Read more
Delivery, Returns & Payment
- DeliveryRates vary by destination and complexityShipping methods are determined by item size, type, fragility and specific characteristics.Shipping costs are calculated based on carrier rates, delivery distance and packing complexity.
- Return Policy
This item can be returned within 14 days of delivery.View details
- Online Payment Methods1stdibs accepts the following payment methods
- Item InvoiceGenerate an invoice that you can customize and print.
About the Seller
5 / 5
1stdibs seller since 2016
Located in Bedford, GB
LAPADA - The Association of Arts & Antiques Dealers
You may also contact the seller by phoneCall seller through 1stdibs
More From This Seller
Stunning Large 19th Century French Giltwood and...
French Wall Mirrors
Mercury Glass, Giltwood
Large Victorian Painted Pine Chest of Drawers, ...
English Commodes and Chests of Drawers
19th Century Continental Blue Painted Pine Ches...
European Commodes and Chests of Drawers
You May Also Like
19th Century Iron Base Table with Pine Top
Swedish Industrial and Work Tables
19th Century Pine Work Table
English Industrial and Work Tables
Industrial Workbench / Studio Table with 19th C...
American Industrial and Work Tables
19th Century French Pine Baker's Table
French Industrial and Work Tables
Late 19th Century Pine Work Table
European Industrial and Work Tables
19th Century French Pine Drapers Table
French Industrial and Work Tables
19th Century Rustic Pine Farmhouse Table
American Farm Tables