Items Similar to 19th Century Arnold & Son Veterinary Operation Key Table "Canine Table" View More
19th Century Arnold & Son Veterinary Operation Key Table "Canine Table"
A wonderful late 19th century operation table also known as the "canine table" Made by Arnold & Son who where established in 1819 as a chemist and druggist, (J. & S. Arnold, 59 Barbican) In 1829 James Arnold turned his hand to making surgical instruments and then it turned into a family business when in 1866 his son joined the business. They where situated in the heart of London at 30, 31 West Smithfields. This table dates from 1890 as the brass cast keys are stamped with the Arnold & Son stamp and the table was designed by a certain Professor Sir Frederic Hobday who was an innovative veterinary surgeon, who also served as the President of the Royal Veterinary College. and was the official veterinary surgeon to Queen Alexandra We also have imagery of the table in the yearly almanack of Arnold & Son The table is off overall simple construction with a three plank top with numerous key holes for the "hobbles" keys to sink into for restraint of the animal The table is made from oak, the keys are cast brass with the makers stamp on the blank, a super rare item Measures: 75cm in depth 152.5cm in width 77cm in height.
- CreatorArnold & Son (Maker)
- Of the Period
- Place of Origin
- Date of Manufacture1890
- Materials and Techniques
- Condition DetailsThe table is of sound construction, age related wear to the top, some minor warping to the three planked top a elderly iron mark is visible. At some point someone has attempted to apply some supporting struts to the base these have been removed.
- WearWear consistent with age and use.
- DimensionsH 30.32 in. x W 60.04 in. x D 29.53 in.H 77 cm x W 152.5 cm x D 75 cm
- Seller LocationLowestoft, GB
- Reference NumberLU4612114477432
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Our Promise To You: If you're not happy with the way an item arrived, we'll work with you and the seller to reach an optimal resolution. Read more
Shipping, Returns & Payment
- ShippingRates vary by destination and complexityShipping methods are determined by item size, type, fragility and specific characteristics.Shipping costs are calculated based on carrier rates, delivery distance and packing complexity.
- Return Policy
This item can be returned within 14 days of delivery.View details
- Online Payment Methods1stdibs accepts the following payment methods
- Item InvoiceGenerate an invoice that you can customize and print.
About the Seller
5 / 5
1stdibs seller since 2019
Typical response time: 1 hour
Located in Lowestoft, GB
More From This Seller
19th Century Oversized 'Grand Livre' Book Folio...
Antique Late 19th Century French Late Victorian Decorative Boxes
19th Century French Royal Blue Faded Grandeur V...
Antique 1880s French Late Victorian Pillows and Throws
19th Century Pair of Optical Experimental Scien...
Antique Late 19th Century English Late Victorian More Mirrors
Brass, Mirror, Hardwood
19th Century Collection of Metamorphic Sediment...
Antique Mid-19th Century French Victorian Scientific Instruments
You May Also Like
19th Century Very Large French Iron Butcher Sca...
Antique 1880s French Scientific Instruments
Brass, Iron, Paint
19th Century Victorian Leather over Oak Triple ...
Antique 1880s British Late Victorian Arms, Armor and Weapons
Brass, Leather, Oak
$399 Sale Price
Early 20th Century Music Stand
Early 20th Century American Industrial Industrial and Work Tables
British 19th Century Drum Table
Antique 1890s Victorian Side Tables
Brass, Goatskin, Leather, Cord, Glass, Wood
Canine Casanova / Casanova Canine
Vintage 1950s French Posters
Door Lock, Large Decoration, 19th Century, with...
Antique 1870s French Napoleon III Architectural Models
Antique 19th Century Glass Display Dome
Antique 1870s Late Victorian Historical Memorabilia