Charming necklace and earrings form Marcel Boucher, composed of a centrepiece at the front with snake chain to the rear. Beautiful square cut deep amethyst paste stones mix with gilt floral leaves, set with sophisticated grey paste, in both the necklace and earrings, making an exquisite set, expecting nothing less from the work of this top creator of bijoux. Marcel Boucher manufactured costume jewellery from 1937 through until 1971, based in New York. He is one of the greatest designers of costume jewellery, if not the greatest. Mixing impeccable style, design and colouring, the pieces are always of the highest quality. Having worked as an apprentice at Cartier in France, his knowledge of fine jewellery nurtured many of the wonderfully conceived designs we now see, from his beginnings in the 1930s, through the 1950s and 60s.
- Place of originUnited States
- Date of manufacturemid1960s
- ConditionExcellent. 62 grams is the overall weight of both the necklace and earrings. The necklace, on its own, weighs 44 grams, the earrings, on their own, weigh 16 grams. Each earring is 1.25 inches in length. .
- WearWear consistent with age and use.
W 1 in. x D .25 in. x L 15 in.
W 2.54 cm x D 6.35 mm x L 38.1 cm
- Length15 in. (38.1 cm)
- Weight62 g
- Seller locationLondon, GB
- Seller reference numberFB0114
- Reference numberv30921606291714903fs
Shipping, Returns & Payment
About the Seller
1stdibs seller since 2015
Typical response time: 4 hrs
Located in London, GB
You may also contact the seller by phone
Why Shop on 1stdibs?
Only Vetted, Professional Sellers
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Fully Insured Global Deliveries
You May Also Like