2016 Emilio Pucci & Massimo Giorgetti Resort dress Pilot Episode Tobias
About the Item
- Dimensions:Length: 31.5 in (80.01 cm)Bust: 43.3 in (109.99 cm)Waist: 43.31 in (110.01 cm)Hip: 45.67 in (116.01 cm)
- Place of Origin:Italy
- Condition:Condition: The dress is in excellent condition: no holes, hooks, scuffs. There are subtle spots on the inside of the collar.
- Seller Location:Алматинский Почтамт, KZ
- Reference Number:1stDibs: LU3556219486432
By the mid-1960s, the international fashion press, enamored of his dazzling scarves and slithery dresses in sensuous psychedelic silk jersey, had dubbed Florentine designer Emilio Pucci the Prince of Prints. Less well known is that, starting in the early 1950s, Pucci applied his colorful, abstract patterns to static angular mediums such as ceramics, floors and furniture, imbuing them with movement, not to mention glamour. He was the first fashion designer to enter the lifestyle market, founding the successful brand that exists today.
Born in 1914 to one of Italy’s oldest noble families, Emilio Pucci, Marchese Pucci di Barsento, was a member of the postwar international jet set, hopping from beach to mountain to city. His fashion career began unexpectedly in 1947, when he created a revolutionary stretch ski outfit that was photographed on the Swiss slopes for Harper’s Bazaar.
Eschewing a life of aristocratic glamour, the self-taught Pucci opened a boutique on Capri dedicated to simple resort clothing (think capri pants) that evoked the Mediterranean’s undulating waves and refreshingly bright colors. At the time, luxury fashion was as constricted as a Dior cocktail dress, but the Swinging Sixties were on the horizon. Signed with what Vogue International editor Suzy Menkes calls a “handwritten ‘Emilio’ flourish” — a concept, she points out, as novel as that of designer ready-to-wear — his designs were soon seen on celebrities like Jackie Kennedy and Marilyn Monroe.
From the airline uniforms he created for Braniff in the 1960s to the emblem he crafted for the Apollo XV space mission in 1971, Pucci’s designs were visionary. In spite of his traditional roots (or because of them), the Prince of Prints was forward thinking and outward looking. Pucci put his signature flourish on patterns that were flexible — first for fashion, then for furnishings and objects. Whether on fabric or foam, shelves or sails, as he first explained some 70 years ago, the ornamental designs work in “continuous motion.” Venturing into nontraditional design partnerships, he laid the groundwork for a future brand, a classic legacy that his daughter Laudomia Pucci continues today.
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Москва, Russian Federation
- Return PolicyA return for this item may be initiated within 1 day of delivery.
- Dolce & Gabbana 2013 SS RTW Sicilia linen Striped dress IT 42 rare D&G runwayBy Dolce & GabbanaLocated in Алматинский Почтамт, KZDolce&Gabbana 2013 SS RTW Sicilia linen Striped dress IT 42 rare D&G runway Collection: Dolce&Gabbana spring-summer 2013 ready-to-wear «Sicilia» (runway: Look 21/88: Model: Katia Sel...Category
2010s Italian Day Dresses
- Chloé FALL 2007 RTW Secret Garden a-line wool dress 40 frBy ChloéLocated in Алматинский Почтамт, KZChloé FALL 2007 RTW Secret Garden a-line wool dress 40 fr Chloe by Paulo Melim Andersson Collection: FALL 2007 READY-TO-WEAR Model: Sheila Marquez in the image of 18, she showed this...Category
Early 2000s French Day Dresses
- Chloé FALL 2015 RTW runway wool cashmere dress Clare Waight Keller READY-TO-WEARBy ChloéLocated in Алматинский Почтамт, KZChloé FALL 2015 RTW runway wool cashmere dress Clare Waight Keller READY-TO-WEAR Chloe by Clare Waight Keller Model: Eva Palionite showed this beautiful dress...Category
2010s Italian Day Dresses
- Chanel Grey Cashmere Knit Sleeveless Dress W/ CC Turnkey Pockets 2011By Chanel, Karl Lagerfeld for ChanelLocated in Алматинский Почтамт, KZChanel Grey Cashmere Knit Sleeveless Dress W/ CC Turnkey Pockets 2011 Karl Lagerfeld for Channel Collection: 2011 Country of production: United Kingdom Dimensions Market Size: 38 Eur...Category
2010s British Day Dresses
- Louis Vuitton & Marc Jacobs 2011 one shoulder tunic / dressBy Louis VuittonLocated in Алматинский Почтамт, KZMarc Jacobs by Louis Vuitton Collection: Louis Vuitton Fall / Winter 2011 Material: cotton Details: logo Marked Size: xs asymmetric t-shirt dress t...Category
2010s Italian Day Dresses
- Christian Dior & John Galliano dress Resort 2010By John Galliano for Christian Dior, Christian DiorLocated in Алматинский Почтамт, KZChristian Dior & John Galliano dress John Galliano for Christian Dior Collection: Christian Dior Resort 2010 Christian Dior style: 0C21654A1114 Country of manufacture: France A gorge...Category
2010s French Day DressesFree Shipping
- Azzedine Alaia black white polka dot sleeveless flare babydoll mini dress FR 36By Azzedine AlaïaLocated in Paris, FRAzzedine Alaia sleeveless flared dress in black with white polka dot print Fitted upper which extends into a flared full skirt Concealed back zip Size: FR 36 with plenty of stretch...Category
2010s Italian Cocktail Dresses
- Oscar de la Renta S/S08 bridal ivory strapless vintage ruffle wedding dress gownBy Oscar De La RentaLocated in Paris, FRThe most beautiful and sort after of gowns from the Spring Summer 2008 bridal collection of Oscar de la Renta To begin with please note that our model is 5,10" (180 cm) and wearing...Category
Early 2000s North American Wedding Dresses
- Lanvin white grecian style washed silk crystal embellished wedding dress gownBy Lanvin ParisLocated in Paris, FRLanvin Paris Collection Blanche Resort 2011 A beautiful floor length grecian style loose fitting ivory gown with crystal embellished waist band that would w...Category
2010s Wedding Dresses
- Chanel 2011 pink blue pastel babydoll print puff sleeve midi maxi silk dressBy ChanelLocated in Paris, FRChanel Resort 2011 Rare babydoll style midi length dress in a beautiful array of pastel colours Abstract watercolour style print Sleeves are ruched a...Category
2010s Babydoll Day Dresses
- Christian Dior Resort 2018 brown cream floral print corset bustier midi dressBy Christian DiorLocated in Paris, FRChristian Dior Resort 2018 Cream midi length dress with brown floral print Boned corset upper with underwire cups Button up front which is f...Category
2010s French Evening Dresses
Recently ViewedView All
How Fashion Icon Emilio Pucci Became the Prince of Psychedelic Prints
The Italian design icon set the course for creating a comprehensive lifestyle brand.
The Best Ways to Dress for Your Astrological Sign
Makeup and astrology expert Linda Mason dispenses fashion advice for every zodiac sign. Does your wardrobe match your horoscope?