- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Louis Vuitton 2020 Reverse Monogram Vanity PM
About the Item
The story behind iconic luxury brand Louis Vuitton — best known for its esteemed handbags, crossbody bags, leather goods, ready-to-wear clothing and more — is one of craft and innovation in the worlds of fashion, jewelry and furniture.
The company’s modest origins can be traced back to when its founder, Louis Vuitton (1821–92), wishing to free himself from the conventional lifestyle in his provincial French city of Anchay as well as a difficult stepmother, left in the early 1830s to make a new life in Paris. The young Vuitton was 13 at the time and would need to travel on foot to get to the capital, which was hundreds of miles away. With stops along the way to make money so that he could forge ahead, the journey took a couple of years, but reward was close at hand.
When he arrived in Paris, Vuitton made a living with his hands. He toiled as a box maker and packer for more than a decade and built relationships with royals and members of the upper class while working for the empress of France, Eugenie de Montijo. In 1854, Vuitton launched his namesake company. The craftsman opened a humble workshop on rue Neuve des Capucines and advertised his services with a small poster that read: “Securely packs the most fragile objects. Specializing in packing fashions.”
Long before his brand would become known globally for its exemplary top-handle bags and stylish totes, Vuitton produced stackable and rectangular trunks. The most common trunks of the era were round, which weren’t ideal for toting and storing. In 1858, Vuitton debuted his lightweight, handcrafted canvas trunks, which were sturdy, rugged and equipped with convenient compartments. Travel’s popularity broadened in the late 19th century, and Vuitton’s trunks could easily be packed into train cars and ships — upright trunks meant hanging wardrobe storage that would allow his clients to transport their sophisticated garments without worry. Demand increased and the company grew. When Louis Vuitton died in 1892, control of the luxury house was passed onto his only son, Georges Vuitton.
In 1914, a Louis Vuitton store opened at 70 Champs-Élysées. The largest travel-goods store in the world at the time, it became the company’s flagship.
The Louis Vuitton brand embodies all the attributes of luxury, from the craftsmanship, exclusivity and relevance to heritage. It’s only appropriate that it boasts one of the most recognizable insignias — the imaginative interlocking of letters and fleurettes — in the fashion world. The famous LV monogram was first used in 1896 as part of an initiative by Georges to prevent counterfeiting of his coveted new line of travel trunks. It’s one of the earliest examples of fashion branding.
The LV monogram would soon appear on everything from bags and various fashion accessories to alligator-skin champagne cases, from stylish apparel and earrings to teddy bears and airplane models.
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Scottsdale, AZ
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 14 days of delivery.
- Louis Vuitton Jacquard Since 1854 Speedy Bandoulière 25By Louis VuittonLocated in Scottsdale, AZThe classic Speedy Bandoulière 25 handbag looks striking in Jacquard Since 1854 textile with gold-color hardware and black leather trim. The new woven pattern, introduced by Nicolas ...Category
2010s French Top Handle Bags
- Louis Vuitton Black EPI Cluny BB Top Handle BagBy Louis VuittonLocated in Scottsdale, AZCluny and Epi, made for each other: the Cluny BB handbag’s structured shape is ideally suited to textured Epi leather. This model can be worn cross-body or carried in ladylike fashio...Category
2010s Spanish Top Handle Bags
- Louis Vuitton 2013 Monogram Canvas Speedy 30 BagBy Louis VuittonLocated in Scottsdale, AZThis stylish speedy 30 is crafted of monogram canvas, dual rounded handles and trimmings in natural cowhide leather. Featuring a golden color metallic hardware, single zip closure op...Category
2010s American Top Handle Bags
- Louis Vuitton Vintage Monogram Canvas Speedy 30 BagBy Louis VuittonLocated in Scottsdale, AZMade from classic Monogram canvas, the Speedy 30 is a stylish, roomy bag designed for both travel and daily use. Launched in 1930 as the "Express" and inspired by that era's rapid tr...Category
1980s Top Handle Bags
- Louis Vuitton Taurillon Gradient Capucines BB Denim BlueBy Louis VuittonLocated in Scottsdale, AZThis beautiful bag is composed of luxurious textured calf leather in a white to dark blue ombre. The handbag features a single rolled leather reinforced top handle with stylized link...Category
2010s French Top Handle Bags
- Louis Vuitton 2000 Monogram Canvas Ellipse PM HandbagBy Louis VuittonLocated in Scottsdale, AZThis lovely satchel is crafted from classic monogram canvas and vachetta leather and features comfortable rounded leather handles, luxurious golden brass hardware and a zipped top. T...Category
Early 2000s French Top Handle Bags
- Supberbe CHANEL 1997 Pink Lesage Tweed CC Logo Button Jacket Blazer 42By ChanelLocated in Switzerland, CHTHE Chanel jacket - a true icon! One of the most acclaimed pieces ever by Chanel Perfect to be worn casual with jeans or dressed up - an iconic CHANEL jacket A timeless classic in st...Category
1990s French Blazers
- GIA Certified VS2 4.13 Carat Princess Diamond Ring With 2 Carat Diamond SidesLocated in Tustin, CAStunning platinum 3 stone diamond estate engagement, wedding or cocktail ring features a GIA certified, "Quadrillion" princess cut diamond in the center weighing 4.13 carats, with a ...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Unknown Contemporary Engagement RingsMaterials
White Diamond, Diamond, Platinum$59,000Free Shipping
- Chanel 22K Leather Vanity With ChainBy ChanelLocated in New York, NYListing Title: Chanel 22K Leather Vanity With Chain SKU: 128086 Condition: Pre-owned Handbag Condition: Excellent Condition Comments: Excellent Condition. Faint exterior and interio...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Crossbody Bags and Messenger Bags
- 1994-1995 Vanity Handbag Chanel Caviar BlackBy ChanelLocated in PARIS, FR1994-1995 Vanity Handbag Chanel Caviar black - Good condition, shows slight traces of wear over time - Black Chanel Vanity handbag in caviar, small hanse plus long shoulder strap car...Category
21st Century and Contemporary European Luggage and Travel Bags
- Louis Vuitton Vanity Handbag Limited Edition Since 1854 Monogram Jacquard PMBy Louis VuittonLocated in NY, NYCondition: Excellent. Small watermark on handle, scratches on hardware. Accessories: Keys, Clochette, Lock, Dust Bag, With Strap Measurements: Handle Drop 2.5", Height 5.5", Width 7"...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Top Handle Bags
- Louis Vuitton Palm Springs Mini BackpackBy Louis Vuitton, Nicolas GhesquièreLocated in West Hollywood, CALouis Vuitton SOLD OUT mini monogram backpack. Nicolas Ghesquière new take on a very classic staple of the Vuitton collection. The mini monogram canvas sports a multi-positional st...Category
21st Century and Contemporary French Backpacks
- Louis Vuitton Monogram CannesBy Louis Vuitton, Nicolas GhesquièreLocated in Nicosia, CYFeaturing the historical shape of the LV Cannes beauty case, designer Nicolas Ghesquière revives a long-standing classic with the Cannes handbag. Petite in size and presented in a mi...Category
2010s Crossbody Bags and Messenger Bags
- Louis Vuitton - Gray - Since 1854 Neverfull MMBy Louis Vuitton, Nicolas GhesquièreLocated in Nicosia, CYThe House's classic Neverfull MM tote is made from Nicolas Ghesquière’s new signature textile: a modern pattern featuring many of the House’s symbols. Inspired by wallpapers from the...Category
2010s French Evening Bags and Minaudières
- Louis Vuitton Blue Monogram Denim Neo Speedy BagBy Louis VuittonLocated in Dubai, Al Qouz 2This limited edition Louis Vuitton Neo Speedy is a must have. A traditional style that takes you back to the 1960’s, Speedy was one of the first bags made by Louis Vuitton for everyd...Category
2010s French Top Handle Bags
- Louis Vuitton Black Electric Epi Leather Brea GM BagBy Louis VuittonLocated in Dubai, Al Qouz 2The feminine shape of Louis Vuitton's Brea is inspired by the doctor's bag. Crafted from patent Epi leather in black, the bag has a perfect finish. The fabric interior is spacious an...Category
2010s French Top Handle Bags$1,472 Sale Price27% Off
- Louis Vuitton Multicolor Taurillon Leather Capucines PM BagBy Louis VuittonLocated in Dubai, Al Qouz 2The classic Capuchines bag from Louis Vuitton comes with a crossover flap that sets behind the gold-tone LV on the front. Lined in leather, the bag features a small top handle to tot...Category
2010s Italian Top Handle Bags$1,982 Sale Price30% Off
- Hermes Tea Time Rose Pale and Beige Silk Scarf 70By HermèsLocated in Miami, FLMightychic offers an Hermes Tea Time Silk scarf by Jonathan Burton. Tea Time is the first collaboration between Jonathan Burton and Hermes. The Rose Pale and Beige colorway is Mr. Bu...Category
21st Century and Contemporary French Scarves
- The Love Heart Ring, 14K Yellow GoldLocated in Southampton, GBA love token for yourself and your loved ones this Valentine's , a perfect everyday ring. *New special price for the Valentine's * Available Now: One (U.S size 4.5, UK size H) in ...Category
2010s British Modern Signet RingsMaterials
14k Gold, Yellow Gold$882 / itemFree Shipping
- Tiffany Studios New York "Zodiac" BoxBy Louis Comfort TiffanyLocated in New York, NYA gilt bronze “Zodiac” box by Tiffany Studios New York. The box features intricate pseudo-Celtic patterning interspersed with circular elements in sky blue, each of which features a ...Category
Early 20th Century American Art Nouveau Cigar Boxes and HumidorsMaterials
- 'I Love You More Today' Gold CufflinksBy Steven Fox JewelryLocated in Greenwich, CTSymbolizing the age old sentiment of "I love you more today than yesterday and less today than tomorrow", these plus and minus sign enameled 18 karat gold cuff links are custom made ...Category
2010s American Contemporary CufflinksMaterials
- Bold HeartBy Kelly KozmaLocated in Philadelphia, PAThe piece titled "Bold Heart" is an original artwork by Kelly Kozma made of hand embroidery on paper. It measures 8"h x 6"w including the frame. Kelly Kozma is a mixed media and fib...Category
21st Century and Contemporary More ArtMaterials
Recently ViewedView More
Inside Louis Vuitton’s Most Popular Handbag Collaborations
The venerable brand has earned accolades (and gained new fans) for partnerships that meld fashion with art.
How to Spot a Fake Louis Vuitton
What are the telltale signs that you're holding a real Louis Vuitton and not a knockoff? We spoke with expert Diane D’Amato to find out. Of course, you don't have to worry about fakes on 1stDibs, where every seller is highly vetted.