Louis Vuitton CARD HOLDER WITH ZIPPER Black Monogram coated canvas
About the Item
- Dimensions:Height: 3.75 in (9.5 cm)Width: 0.99 in (2.5 cm)Length: 5.12 in (13 cm)
- Material Notes:Monogram coated canvas leather trim leather lining Gold colored metal parts L-zip closure snap closure front pocket flat central pocket Three card slots chain with carabiner Flat pocket on the back
- Seller Location:Nicosia, CY
- Reference Number:1stDibs: LU2667219389862
The story behind iconic luxury brand Louis Vuitton — best known for its esteemed handbags, crossbody bags, leather goods, ready-to-wear clothing and more — is one of craft and innovation in the worlds of fashion, jewelry and furniture.
The company’s modest origins can be traced back to when its founder, Louis Vuitton (1821–92), wishing to free himself from the conventional lifestyle in his provincial French city of Anchay as well as a difficult stepmother, left in the early 1830s to make a new life in Paris. The young Vuitton was 13 at the time and would need to travel on foot to get to the capital, which was hundreds of miles away. With stops along the way to make money so that he could forge ahead, the journey took a couple of years, but reward was close at hand.
When he arrived in Paris, Vuitton made a living with his hands. He toiled as a box maker and packer for more than a decade and built relationships with royals and members of the upper class while working for the empress of France, Eugenie de Montijo. In 1854, Vuitton launched his namesake company. The craftsman opened a humble workshop on rue Neuve des Capucines and advertised his services with a small poster that read: “Securely packs the most fragile objects. Specializing in packing fashions.”
Long before his brand would become known globally for its exemplary top-handle bags and stylish totes, Vuitton produced stackable and rectangular trunks. The most common trunks of the era were round, which weren’t ideal for toting and storing. In 1858, Vuitton debuted his lightweight, handcrafted canvas trunks, which were sturdy, rugged and equipped with convenient compartments. Travel’s popularity broadened in the late 19th century, and Vuitton’s trunks could easily be packed into train cars and ships — upright trunks meant hanging wardrobe storage that would allow his clients to transport their sophisticated garments without worry. Demand increased and the company grew. When Louis Vuitton died in 1892, control of the luxury house was passed onto his only son, Georges Vuitton.
In 1914, a Louis Vuitton store opened at 70 Champs-Élysées. The largest travel-goods store in the world at the time, it became the company’s flagship.
The Louis Vuitton brand embodies all the attributes of luxury, from the craftsmanship, exclusivity and relevance to heritage. It’s only appropriate that it boasts one of the most recognizable insignias — the imaginative interlocking of letters and fleurettes — in the fashion world. The famous LV monogram was first used in 1896 as part of an initiative by Georges to prevent counterfeiting of his coveted new line of travel trunks. It’s one of the earliest examples of fashion branding.
The LV monogram would soon appear on everything from bags and various fashion accessories to alligator-skin champagne cases, from stylish apparel and earrings to teddy bears and airplane models.
On 1stDibs, the unmistakable insignia can be found on both modern and vintage Louis Vuitton shoulder bags, suitcases, original 19th-century trunks, jackets and more.
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Bellreguard, Spain
- Return Policy
This item cannot be returned.
- Hermes Bastia purse calfskin BlackBy HermèsLocated in Nicosia, CYFolded coin purseCategory
2010s Wallets and Small Accessories
- Louis Vuitton PM Cosmetic Pouch Damier Azure CanvasBy Louis VuittonLocated in Nicosia, CYLight and colourful, this Cosmetic Pouch PM elegantly accompanies everyday life or travel. The supple Damier Azur canvas, sumptuous leather trimmings and golden brass pieces make it ...Category
2010s Cosmetic Bags
- Louis Vuitton Black Mylockme PochetteBy Louis VuittonLocated in Nicosia, CYBlack Calf leather Calf-leather trim Silver-color hardware Removable wristlet LV Turn Lock 6 credit card slots Large zipped pocket Inside flat pocket Flat front pocket Chain: Removab...Category
2010s Unknown Pouches and Wristlets
- Louis Vuitton Rose Clair Multi Pochette AccessoiresBy Louis VuittonLocated in Nicosia, CYRemovable round zipped coin purse: L 9 x H 9 x W 2 cm /L 3.5 x H 3.5 x W 0.8 inches Removable Mini Pochette Accessoires: L 18.5 x H 10.5 x W 3 cm/L 7.3 x H 4.1 x W 1.2 inches Removab...Category
2010s Unknown Pouches and Wristlets
- Louis Vuitton Neo Card Holder Materials Monogram Macassar CanvasBy Louis VuittonLocated in Nicosia, CYThe Neo Porte Cartes in Monogram Macassar canvas allows you to carry your essential cards with you, with refinement. This striking interpretation of the legendary Louis Vuitton motif...Category
- Louis Vuitton Amerigo Wallet Black Taiga Cowhide LeatherBy Louis VuittonLocated in Nicosia, CYThe Amerigo wallet is timeless and very practical. With a compact design, it is thin enough to slip into the back pocket of jeans.Category
- Womens Designer CHLOE Darryl Coin PurseBy ChloéLocated in London, GBLovely Darryl wallet, purse from Chloe. Purchased and never used. Colour Black Material Leather Hardware Gold Condition As New Height / Width/ Depth 8cm / 13.5 cm Size Small Dustb...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Wallets and Small AccessoriesUnavailable$252Free Shipping
- Designer GOYARD SENAT 2 MINI BlueBy GoyardLocated in London, GBGoyard Classic Mini Senat Pouch in blue coated canvas for sale. Detailed with Goyard's iconic Goyardine monogram and silver hardware. An unworn piece. Colour Blue Material Leather co...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Wallets and Small AccessoriesUnavailable$696Free Shipping
- Mariano Fortuny Rare Black Stencilled Velvet Drawstring BagBy FortunyLocated in Riverdale, NYFortunys stenciled velvet drawstring bags found a use for small pieces of his precious velvets, their sizes vary due to the dimensions of the cuts.They are exceedingly rare.
Early 20th Century Italian Art Deco Pouches and WristletsPrice Upon Request
- Vintage KARL LAGERFELD Logo Black Leather Key Holder WalletBy Karl LagerfeldLocated in Kingersheim, AlsaceVintage KARL LAGERFELD Logo Black Leather Key Holder Wallet Measurements: Height: 2.75 inches (7 cm) Width: 4.13 inches (10.5 cm) Features: - 100% Authe...Category
20th Century French Wallets
- Vintage KARL LAGERFELD Gold Logo Black Patent Leather Key Holder WalletBy Karl LagerfeldLocated in Kingersheim, AlsaceVintage KARL LAGERFELD Gold Logo Black Patent Leather Key Holder Wallet Measurements: Height: 2.75 inches (7 cm) Width: 4.13 inches (10.5 cm) Features: - 100% Authentic KARL LAGER...Category
20th Century French Wallets
- 2017 Hermès Celeste, Capucine & Ambre Epsom Leather Camail Key Holder CharmBy HermèsLocated in Bishop's Stortford, HertfordshireHERMÈS Celeste, Capucine & Ambre Epsom Leather Camail Key Holder Charm Serial Number: A Age (Circa): 2017 Accompanied By: Hermès Box Authenticity Details: Date Stamp (Made in Fran...Category
21st Century and Contemporary French Wallets and Small Accessories$1,051Free Shipping
Recently ViewedView More
Inside Louis Vuitton’s Most Popular Handbag Collaborations
The venerable brand has earned accolades (and gained new fans) for partnerships that meld fashion with art.
How to Spot a Fake Louis Vuitton
What are the telltale signs that you're holding a real Louis Vuitton and not a knockoff? We spoke with expert Diane D’Amato to find out. Of course, you don't have to worry about fakes on 1stDibs, where every seller is highly vetted.
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Trusted Global Delivery