Contemporary Steuben Signed Eagle on Ball Statuette Glass Table SculptureItem Status:
- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Contemporary Steuben Signed Eagle on Ball Statuette Glass Table Sculpture
Shipping & Returns
- Shipping$110 Standard Shippingto anywhere in the world, arrives in 4-5 weeks. We recommend this shipping type based on item size, type and fragility.Delivered by a parcel delivery service such as UPS, FedEx, or DHL.Ships From: Keego Harbor, MI
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 7 days of delivery.
About Steuben Glass (Manufacturer)
Steuben is the most illustrious name in American art glass. Its vividly colored Art Nouveau and Asian-style wares produced in the early 20th century as well as later modernist works rendered in flawlessly clear crystal are objects of striking beauty and delicacy.
The Steuben Glass Works was cofounded in 1903 in the town of Corning, New York, by Frederick Carder, a self-taught English chemist and glassmaker. Carder was a restless experimenter, constantly creating new color formulas that resulted in a wide array of hues, from milky jades to his iridescent Aurene shades. A favorite Carder technique was to acid-etch decorative patterns into pieces made of glass layered in different colors. The forms of his vessels were relatively conservative. Most are based on classic Chinese pottery; many display the flowing, naturalistic lines of the Art Nouveau period.
The larger local firm Corning Glass acquired Steuben in 1918. The company’s approach to art glass changed radically in the early 1930s, when Corning chemists devised a new type of crystal known as 10M, with perfect clarity and brilliant refractive powers. Corning decided that, henceforth, all Steuben wares would be made from the crystal. Art glass was made in two formats: molded and polished abstract sculptures and figurines, or pieces for which artists used Steuben crystal as a sort of canvas. The first such artwork was sculptor Stanley Waugh’s 1935 Gazelle Bowl, a vessel etched with brawny Art Deco animal forms. In later years, Steuben would invite artists that included Henri Matisse, Georgia O’Keeffe and Isamu Noguchi to “paint” in the firm’s crystal.
Steuben glass comes in myriad forms and is available in a broad range of price points. Jewel-toned glasses and tableware from the Carder era include candlesticks marked at $300 and full dinner services for more than $10,000. Small crystal figurines bring around $1,000, while larger sculptures are priced in the neighborhood of $7,000. As you will see on these pages, Steuben glass, with its impeccable artistry and timeless grace, deserves a place in any collection.
- Located in Keego Harbor, MIFor your consideration is a fun, multicolored, textured glass table sculpture of a rooster, signed on the base a...Category
Late 20th Century Animal SculpturesMaterials
- By Steuben GlassLocated in Keego Harbor, MIFor your consideration is a stupendous, Steuben signed, crystal trout statue, with an 18-karat fly in its mouth,...Category
Vintage 1960s Mid-Century Modern Animal SculpturesMaterials
- By Peter BramhallLocated in Keego Harbor, MIFor your consideration is an incredible, purple glass art orb table sculpture, "Help from Andy Bird," signed by ...Category
1990s American Abstract SculpturesMaterials
- Located in Keego Harbor, MIFor your consideration is a captivating, slumped art glass table sculpture, with a spiral design, signed by Rich...Category
Vintage 1980s American Abstract SculpturesMaterials
- By Thomas ScoonLocated in Keego Harbor, MIFor your consideration is an incredible, cast glass and granite table sculpture, "Mate #8," signed by Tom Scoon,...Category
1990s American Abstract SculpturesMaterials
Granite$2,500 Sale Price50% Off
- By Grediaga KieffLocated in Keego Harbor, MIFor your consideration is an amazing, bronze on marble table sculpture, entitled "Inner Soul," in the style of P...Category
Vintage 1980s Spanish Abstract SculpturesMaterials
You May Also Like
Vintage 1960s American Mid-Century Modern Animal Sculptures
Vintage 1980s Animal Sculptures
20th Century American Animal Sculptures
Late 20th Century North American Modern Animal Sculptures
Late 20th Century American Romantic Animal Sculptures
Mid-20th Century American Mid-Century Modern Animal Sculptures
20th Century American Mid-Century Modern Animal Sculptures
Vintage 1960s North American Mid-Century Modern Animal Sculptures
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Insured Global Delivery