- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Pierre Cardin, Ceramic Vase, 1979
- CreatorPierre Cardin (Designer)
- DimensionsHeight: 11.42 in. (29 cm)Width: 3.94 in. (10 cm)Depth: 3.94 in. (10 cm)
- StyleModern (Of the Period)
- Materials and Techniques
- Place of Origin
- Date of Manufacture1979
- ConditionWear consistent with age and use.
- Seller LocationSaint ouen, FR
- Reference Number1stDibs: LU894521470962
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRates vary by destination and complexity. We recommend this shipping type based on item size, type and fragility.Estimated Customs Duties & Taxes to the Continental US: $0.Ships From: Saint ouen, France
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 14 days of delivery.
About Pierre Cardin (Designer)
Best known for creating groundbreaking fashion designs from the 1950s onward, Pierre Cardin enjoyed great success in other design fields, most notably furniture. Cardin’s chairs, cabinets, tables and other pieces share many of the keynotes of his clothing designs. They are simple, geometric, elegant and cool.
Cardin was born in a village near Venice, Italy, and raised in central France. Always interested in fashion, he left home at age 17 to train with a Vichy tailor. After the end of World War II, Cardin moved to Paris and worked for a succession of couture houses, before taking a job with Christian Dior in 1946. Cardin went solo in 1950, and quickly won attention for his novel style. Unlike Dior’s famous New Look, Cardin’s clothes de-emphasized a woman’s curves; his breakthrough pieces like the Bubble dress had, instead, a sculptural quality. In the following decade, Cardin introduced bright tunic dresses and shifts, marketed as the Space Age look and accessorized with vinyl hats and visors.
In the 1970s Cardin expanded his design work into furniture, jewelry and automobiles. (Later, licensing agreements would put Cardin’s name on goods ranging from perfume to sunglasses.) Cardin’s furniture pieces — inspired, perhaps, by the rediscovery of Art Deco design in that decade — feature simple, symmetrical forms, lacquer and figured veneer finishes, and accents in metals such as aluminum and brass. Whether you are looking for a vintage cocktail dress or a chest of drawers to keep it in, as you will see on 1stDibs, Pierre Cardin offers an option in either that is timelessly chic.
- By Sergio CostantiniLocated in Saint ouen, FRPair of golden vases - Sergio Costantini circa 1980 Signed Costantini Measures: Height 40 cm Diameter at th...Category
Vintage 1980s Italian American Empire VasesMaterials
You May Also Like
Vintage 1960s Italian Modern Vases
Mid-20th Century Italian Mid-Century Modern Vases
Vintage 1960s Italian Vases
20th Century French Beaux Arts Vases
Vintage 1960s French Modern Vases
Vintage 1970s French Mid-Century Modern Boxes
Vintage 1980s Belgian Modern Vases
21st Century and Contemporary European Modern Vases
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Insured Global Delivery