- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Pablo Picasso, a Retrospective, Library or Coffee Table Book, 1980 New York
- DimensionsHeight: 1.5 in. (3.81 cm)Width: 9.5 in. (24.13 cm)Depth: 11.38 in. (28.91 cm)
- StyleModern (In the Style Of)
- Materials and Techniques
- Place of Origin
- Date of Manufacture1980
- ConditionWear consistent with age and use. - Very Good condition as show in images.
- Seller LocationNew York, NY
- Reference Number1stDibs: LU1314221961672
Shipping & Returns
- Shipping$20 Standard Parcel Shippingto United States 0, arrives in 3-8 days. We recommend this shipping type based on item size, type and fragility.Delivered by a parcel delivery service such as UPS, FedEx, or DHL.Ships From: New York, NY
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 1 day of delivery.
About the Artist
One of the most prolific and revolutionary artists the world has ever seen, Pablo Picasso had a tremendous impact on the development of 20th-century modern art. Although he is best known for his association with the Cubist movement, which he founded with Georges Braque, Picasso’s influence extends to Surrealism, neoclassicism and Expressionism.
“Every act of creation is, first of all, an act of destruction,” the Spanish artist proclaimed. In Picasso's Cubist paintings, he emphasizes the two-dimensionality of the canvas, breaking with conventions regarding perspective, foreshortening and proportion. Picasso was inspired by Iberian and African tribal art. One of his most famous pre-Cubist works is Les Demoiselles d’Avignon (1907), a painting considered immoral and shocking at the time for its depiction of nude women whose faces resemble Iberian tribal masks.
Picasso made many portraits in this style, most often of the women in his life, their expressively colored faces composed of geometric shards of surface planes. In Woman in a Hat (Olga), 1935, he painted his first wife as an assemblage of abstract forms, leaving the viewer to decipher the subject through the contrasting colors and shapes. Picasso was a tireless artist, creating more than 20,000 paintings, drawings, prints, ceramics and sculptures. Tracing his life’s work reveals the progression of modern art, on which he had an unparalleled influence.
Browse an expansive collection of Pablo Picasso's art on 1stDibs.
- By MOMA Museum New York, Andy WarholLocated in New York, NYAn '80s Late-20th century 'Andy Warhol A Retrospective' hard-cover library or coffee table book by The Museum of...Category
Vintage 1980s American Expressionist BooksMaterials
- By Pablo PicassoLocated in New York, NYPicasso, a library or coffee table book, 1955, First Edition, Germany. The cover design was made especially for...Category
Mid-20th Century German BooksMaterials
- By BvlgariLocated in New York, NYThis is a beautiful coffee table or library book about the history of the iconic Italian luxury jeweler Bvlgari ...Category
1990s Italian BooksMaterials
- Located in New York, NYThe 'Paris Berlin 1900-1933 ' is a soft-cover book covering an exhibition from July 12-November 6, 1978, at The ...Category
Vintage 1970s French Modern BooksMaterials
- By Andree PutmanLocated in New York, NYA very beautiful and timeless library or coffee table book about designer Andree Putman. 'Andree Putman, A Desig...Category
1990s Spanish Modern BooksMaterials
- By Georgia O'KeeffeLocated in New York, NYGeorgia O'Keeffe, 'One Hundred Flowers', coffee table or library book, 1987. American Modernism; a very beautifu...Category
20th Century American Organic Modern BooksMaterials
You May Also Like
20th Century American Moorish Books
20th Century European Folk Art Books
20th Century German Modern Books
20th Century Spanish Modern Books
Vintage 1960s American Mid-Century Modern Books
Mid-20th Century Mexican Mid-Century Modern Books
Antique Early 1900s Italian Books
Vintage 1980s American Modern Books
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Insured Global Delivery