Items Similar to Philip's Terrestrial Globe Mahogany and Walnut Stand, circa 1982
- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
1 of 10
Philip's Terrestrial Globe Mahogany and Walnut Stand, circa 1982
A late 18th century style terrestrial globe printed and manufactured by George Philip & Son Ltd. mahogany and walnut stand, with a paper glass covered compass underneath. Dimensions: H 106 cm, D 60 cm Origin: English Date: circa 1982 Item number: 112203.
- CreatorGeorge Philip & Son (Maker)
- DimensionsHeight: 41.74 in. (106 cm)Diameter: 23.63 in. (60 cm)
- Materials and Techniques
- Place of Origin
- Date of Manufacture1982
- ConditionWear consistent with age and use.
- Seller LocationForest Row, GB
- Reference NumberSeller: 1122031stDibs: LU2523321629532
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRates vary by destination and complexity. We recommend this shipping type based on item size, type and fragility.Customs Duties & Taxes May Apply.Ships From: Forest Row, United Kingdom
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 3 days of delivery.
About the Seller
Located in Forest Row, United Kingdom
5 / 5
These expertly vetted sellers are 1stDibs' most experienced sellers and are rated highest by our customers.
Established in 1985
1stDibs seller since 2017
62 sales on 1stDibs
Typical response time: <1 hour
More From This Seller
- By GPO ( General Post Office )Located in Forest Row, East SussexAn original GPO 200 series telephone. Red Bakelite with braided handset cord. Integral drawer and registered num...Category
Mid-20th Century English Desk SetsMaterials
- By GhisoLocated in Forest Row, East SussexA luxury games set by Ghisó for Dunhill. Hand carved ebony and boxwood chess and draughts pieces in fitted velum...Category
21st Century and Contemporary English GamesMaterials
- Located in Forest Row, East SussexA small Regency sofa table. Rosewood veneered on mahogany with mahogany lined drawers. Bowed, studded stretcher ...Category
Antique 1810s English Regency Sofa TablesMaterials
- Located in Forest Row, East SussexAn Art Deco chest of drawers. Burr walnut and figured walnut veneered with original metal and bakelite handles. ...Category
Vintage 1930s English Art Deco Commodes and Chests of DrawersMaterials
- By Fuji MeiboLocated in Forest Row, East SussexA pair of Fuji Meibo 15x80 marine binoculars on later extending wood and chrome stand with chromed conical feet....Category
Vintage 1940s Japanese Nautical ObjectsMaterials
- Located in Forest Row, East SussexArt Deco, straight grain walnut side table with X-frame Macassar plinth base. Origin: French, circa 1925. ...Category
Vintage 1920s French Art Deco Side TablesMaterials
You May Also Like
Philips' Challenge Globe on Mahogany Stand with Original Philips' Record Atlas
Located in Doornspijk, NL
Midcentury Philips' challenge globe on a mahogany stand fitted with the original Philips' Record Atlas published in 1961. Globe scale 1: 37,000,000.
Vintage 1960s English Mid-Century Modern Books
Celestial and Terrestrial Globes by Newton and Son
Located in New Orleans, LA
An extremely rare and important pair of 21 inch English globes by renowned cartographers John Newton and Son, one of the most important globe makers of early 19th century England. Re...
Antique 19th Century Globes
$295,000 / set
Pair of Cary’s Terrestrial and Celestial Library Globes
Located in Lymington, Hampshire
Each surmounted by a brass scale in a circular oak stand with four arched supports on a gadrooned and ring-turned column, the tripod S-scroll legs joined by a large compass, decorate...
Antique Early 19th Century English Globes
$303,408 / set
Geographia 6 inch Terrestrial Globe London, 1923
Located in Lambertville, NJ
Geographia, Ltd. 6-inch terrestrial table globe Geographia, Ltd., 55 Fleet Street, E.C. 4, London: 1923 Turned wooden base 12.5 inches high, 6 inches in diameter 4.5 inches diame...
Early 20th Century English Maps
Small English 20th Century George Philip Terrestrial Globe on Wooden Base
By George Philip & Son
Located in Atlanta, GA
A small English terrestrial globe from the 20th century, with brass protractor and circular wooden base. Created in England during the 20th century by George Philip & Son in London, ...
20th Century English Scientific Instruments
Late 19th Century Terrestrial Globe, French
Located in Firenze, IT
By Charles Delagrave, Paris. On ebonised turned wood stands with circular base, (30 x 30 x 50cm). Measures: 12 inch.
Antique 1890s French Napoleon III Globes
Terrestrial Globe with Wooden Base, Italy, 1880
By E. Pini
Located in Milan, IT
Large terrestrial papier mâché globe, 18 inches. Wooden pedestal. Signed E. Pini Milano, G. Gussoni publisher, Italy, circa 1880.
Antique 19th Century Italian Globes
Philips' Challenge Globe, Copyright, 1960
By George Philip & Son
Located in Houston, TX
This is a Philips' Challenge Globe copyrighted in 1960. The 13 1/2" diameter world globe sits in a half meridian made of chrome which is mounted on a wooden stand. The globe reads Ph...
Vintage 1960s Globes