- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Baker Furniture Mid-Century Hollywood Regency Oak and Burl Wood Console Table
- CreatorBaker Furniture Company (Manufacturer)
- DimensionsHeight: 27.25 in. (69.22 cm)Width: 59.75 in. (151.77 cm)Depth: 15.5 in. (39.37 cm)
- StyleMid-Century Modern (Of the Period)
- Materials and Techniques
- Place of Origin
- Date of Manufacturecirca 1970s
- ConditionVery good original vintage condition. Minor wear expected with age and use.
- Seller LocationSouth Bend, IN
- Reference NumberSeller: 79841stDibs: LU2745325614232
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingShips From: South Bend, IN
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 1 day of delivery.
About the Manufacturer
Baker Furniture Company
Collaborations with many leading designers and artists over time has made vintage Baker furniture one of the most consistently sought after heritage brands today.
Within a few decades of its launch, Baker Furniture Company evolved into one of the largest and most important furniture manufacturers in the United States, and became known for its high-quality production standards. Siebe Baker and business partner Henry Cook founded the original iteration of Baker Furniture Company in 1890 in Allegan, Michigan, after immigrating to the United States from the Netherlands. Allegan is a small town west of Grand Rapids, which, at that time was home to Widdicomb Furniture Co. and more and was known as America’s furniture capital. The company manufactured doors and interior moldings, and introduced a combination desk and bookcase in 1893. In the early 1900s, Siebe became sole owner of the business.
Among others, stage designer Joseph Urban and modernist designer Kem Weber contributed designs to Baker in the 1920s. In 1932, under the leadership of Siebe’s son, Hollis, who started at the company as a salesman but took the reins when his father passed in 1925, Baker Furniture introduced bedroom pieces and debuted its Manor House collection, which made reproductions of European furnishings available to the American market. (Hollis was an avid traveler and procured antiques overseas for the company to reproduce in the United States.) Soon, Baker Furniture Company moved to Holland, Michigan, and eventually opened showrooms in Grand Rapids and elsewhere.
Pioneering Scandinavian designer Finn Juhl created a Danish modern line for Baker in 1951, and the company produced his award-winning Chieftain chair for a short time. In the late 1950s, Baker introduced the Milling Road label to reach a younger audience with stylish but less costly furnishings like console tables, walnut dining chairs and more, and in 1961, British furniture designer T.H. Robsjohn-Gibbings introduced a modern neoclassical line at Baker.
The 1960s and ’70s saw the introduction of historic reproduction furniture lines such as Woburn Abbey and the Historic Charleston collection, which remain very popular to this day. In 1990, Baker was licensed to produce a furniture line from Colonial Williamsburg. That same year, the Smithsonian Museum introduced Baker’s Chippendale chair into its permanent collection and the Grand Rapids Art Museum dedicated an exhibition to Baker’s 100-year anniversary, a showcase that included 150 pieces of furniture Siebe Baker had collected as part of a larger assortment that had served as inspiration for his designs.
Today, vintage Baker furniture, such as its elegant mahogany nightstands and teak credenzas — particularly those crafted by Finn Juhl — sees high demand online and elsewhere. The company continues to produce contemporary collections with well-known designers such as Bill Sofield, Barbara Barry and Kara Mann and remains on par with some of the highest quality furniture in the industry.
- Baker Furniture Hollywood Regency Chinoiserie Walnut Console Table, Circa 1970sBy Baker Furniture CompanyLocated in South Bend, INAn exceptional Hollywood Regency Chinoiserie console table By Baker Furniture USA, Circa 1970s Carved walnut, with gold gilt details. Measures: 54.5" W x 16.5" D x 31" H....Category
Late 20th Century American Hollywood Regency Console TablesMaterials
- Baker Furniture Mid-Century Hollywood Regency Burl Wood and Brass Coffee TableBy Baker Furniture CompanyLocated in South Bend, INA gorgeous Mid-Century Modern Hollywood Regency coffee or cocktail table By Baker Furniture USA, Circa 1960s Stunning book-matched burl wood, with brass trim. Measures: 4...Category
Mid-20th Century American Mid-Century Modern Coffee and Cocktail TablesMaterials
- Baker Furniture Empire Burl Wood Marble Top Demilune Console TableBy Baker Furniture CompanyLocated in South Bend, INA gorgeous Empire or neoclassical style console or entry table By Baker Furniture USA, Circa 1980s Cherry and olive ash burl wood, with brass accents and Italian marble top....Category
Late 20th Century Empire Console TablesMaterials
- Baker Furniture Queen Anne Cherry and Burl Wood Console Table, Newly RefinishedBy Baker Furniture CompanyLocated in South Bend, INA gorgeous Queen Anne style console table or sofa table By Baker Furniture USA, Circa 1980s Carved cherry and burl woods with shell motif, cabriole legs, and original brass ...Category
Late 20th Century American Queen Anne Console TablesMaterials
- Baker Furniture French Provincial Louis XV Cherry and Burl Console TableBy Baker Furniture CompanyLocated in South Bend, INAn exceptional French Provincial Louis XV style console, sofa table, or entry table By Baker Furniture USA, circa 1980s Cherrywood, with inlaid walnut and banded burl wood t...Category
Late 20th Century American French Provincial Console TablesMaterials
- Baker Furniture Hollywood Regency Chinoiserie Burl Wood Side Tables, RefinishedBy Baker Furniture CompanyLocated in South Bend, INA gorgeous pair of mid-century modern Hollywood Regency Chinoiserie occasional side tables By Baker Furniture USA, Circa 1960s Burl wood tops, with carved oak legs. Measu...Category
Mid-20th Century American Mid-Century Modern Side TablesMaterials
You May Also Like
2010s American Modern Console Tables
20th Century North American Queen Anne Console Tables
Vintage 1960s American Hollywood Regency Console Tables
2010s American Modern Center Tables
Vintage 1970s Mid-Century Modern Console Tables
20th Century American Hollywood Regency Dining Room Tables
Mid-20th Century American Hollywood Regency Console Tables
Vintage 1960s American Louis XVI Console Tables
Mid-20th Century Mid-Century Modern Console Tables
Vintage 1960s American Hollywood Regency Console Tables
Glass, Giltwood, Lacquer, Wood
Recently ViewedView More
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Insured Global Delivery