- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Console Table by Paul Laszlo for Pacific Iron
- DimensionsHeight: 27.95 in. (71 cm)Width: 20.87 in. (53.01 cm)Depth: 22.05 in. (56.01 cm)
- StyleMid-Century Modern (Of the Period)
- Materials and Techniques
- Place of Origin
- Date of Manufacturecirca 1955
- ConditionWear consistent with age and use. New Glass & Recently Powder Coated.
- Seller LocationLaguna Hills, CA
- Reference Number1stDibs: LU92208377033
Shipping & Returns
- Shipping$530 White Glove Shippingto Continental US, arrives in 3-8 weeks. We recommend this shipping type based on item size, type and fragility.Delivered by appointment to the room of your choice.Ships From: Laguna Hills, CA
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 3 days of delivery.
About Paul Laszlo (Designer)
The suave architect and interior designer Paul Laszlo made his reputation in Hollywood, where his clients included Barbara Stanwyck, Cary Grant and Elizabeth Taylor. He was aligned to no artistic or design movements, relying on his own, carefully-honed instincts. From the late 1930s to the 1960s, Laszlo’s name was a byword for sumptuous modernity among members of the smart set.
Born in Hungary in 1900, Laszlo learned about quality from his father, a prosperous furniture manufacturer. He studied design in Vienna and had his technical training in Stuttgart, Germany, where, at age 27, he established an upscale design business that gained an international reputation. Nine years later, with the Nazis in power, Laszlo, a Jew, left Germany for the United States and made his way to Los Angeles. There, he established an interior design office in Beverly Hills and was pleased to find that his Stuttgart credentials carried weight. While he took many commercial assignments for American department stores, custom residential work was Laszlo’s stock in trade. He turned his hand to every element in a room, “down to the last ashtray,” Time magazine once wrote. Like his clients, Laszlo appreciated luxury — not the luxury of rare and precious materials, but the luxury of rich colors and textures, and deep comforts. He had a contemporary élan, exemplified by spaces that were bright, airy, uncluttered and up-to-date. The classic earmarks of Laszlo’s furnishings are generous proportions and, in the case of his Paddle and Plank armchairs, namesake armrests that are flat and wide, the perfect spot to rest a cocktail. His case goods, tables and dining chairs have clean, elegant lines; they are simply formed yet warm, with interesting details such as woven veneer door fronts.
In recent years, Laszlo’s designs have found a new audience among fans of his easy-going modernism. Prices are in the neighborhood of $5,000 for cabinets, and from $8,000 to upwards of $20,000 for seating pieces, which are generally found in pairs or groups of six or more. As you will see on these pages, there was a reason that Laszlo’s work was so admired in the mid-20th century: every design contributes to an environment that is comfortable and elegant — at once robust and relaxed.
- By Paul LaszloLocated in Laguna Hills, CATreasure chest model with 24 drawers and a large compartment on the right side originally used for hanging linens.Category
20th Century American Mid-Century Modern CredenzasMaterials
Mahogany$2,800 Sale Price20% Off
- By SyrocoLocated in Laguna Hills, CABrutalist moulded resin with multicolored metal leaf Measures: Table is 29.75" wide by 10.1/8" deep by 7" high ...Category
20th Century North American Mid-Century Modern Wall MirrorsMaterials
Resin, Plastic$875 Sale Price30% Off
You May Also Like
Vintage 1940s North American Mid-Century Modern Console Tables
Vintage 1940s American Mid-Century Modern Console Tables
Mid-20th Century American Mid-Century Modern Console Tables
Vintage 1950s Console Tables
20th Century American Console Tables
Marble, Metal, Nickel
20th Century American Console Tables
Vintage 1970s American Tables
Vintage 1950s American Mid-Century Modern Coffee and Cocktail Tables
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Insured Global Delivery