- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Milo Baughman For Thayer Coggin Black Naugahyde Sofa
- DimensionsHeight: 76.2 cm (30 in)Width: 259.08 cm (102 in)Depth: 81.28 cm (32 in)Seat Height: 43.18 cm (17 in)
- StyleMid-Century Modern (Of the Period)
- Materials and Techniques
- Place of Origin
- Date of Manufacture1960's
- ConditionWear consistent with age and use. Overall good condition. Some wear to the sofa's bottom and back that the cushions hide as shown.
- Seller LocationBrooklyn, NY
- Reference Number1stDibs: LU1560229560682
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Brooklyn, NY
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 1 day of delivery.
About the Designer
Milo Baughman was one of the most agile and adept modern American furniture designers of the late 20th century. A prolific lecturer and writer on the benefits of good design — he taught for years at Brigham Young University — Baughman (whose often-scrambled surname is pronounced BAWF-man) focused almost exclusively on residential furnishings, such as chairs, sofas and benches. He had a particular talent for lounge chairs, perhaps the most sociable piece of furniture.
Like his fellow adoptive Californians Charles and Ray Eames, Baughman’s furniture has a relaxed and breezy air. He was famously opposed to ostentatious and idiosyncratic designs that were made to excite attention. While many of his chair designs are enlivened by such effects as tufted upholstery, Baughman tended to let his materials carry the aesthetic weight, most often relying on seating and table frames made of sturdy and sleek flat-bar chromed metal, and chairs, tables and cabinets finished with highly-figured wood veneers.
As you will see from the furniture presented on 1stDibs, Milo Baughman’s designs for the likes of Drexel Furniture, Glenn of California and — for five decades — Thayer Coggin are ably employed as either the heart of a décor or its focal point.
- Milo Baughman for Thayer Coggin Lacquer and Lucite Sideboard CredenzaBy Milo Baughman, Thayer CogginLocated in Brooklyn, NYMinimal and chic, Mid-Century Modern, sideboard or credenza by Milo Baughman for Thayer Coggin features a clean white lacquered double cabinet with pull-out and smoked glass interior...Category
Mid-20th Century American Mid-Century Modern SideboardsMaterials
- Walnut and Chrome Coffee Table by Milo Baughman for Thayer CogginBy Milo Baughman, Thayer CogginLocated in Brooklyn, NYMid-Century Modern, square coffee table by Milo Baughman for Thayer Coggin featues a contrasting grain, walnut top with chrome cube base.Category
Mid-20th Century American Mid-Century Modern Coffee and Cocktail TablesMaterials
- Leather and Chrome Three Seat LC2 Sofa by Le Corbusier for CassinaBy Le Corbusier, Pierre Jeanneret, Charlotte Perriand Cassina, CassinaLocated in Brooklyn, NYClassic, LC2, three seat sofa designed by Le Corbusier, Charlotte Perriand and Pierre Jeanneret produced by Cassina, 1970s features black leather upholstery with a tubular chrome frame.Category
Mid-20th Century Italian Mid-Century Modern SofasMaterials
- Midcentury Aluminum Frame Loveseat Sofa by GoodFormBy GoodFormLocated in Brooklyn, NYMidcentury, machine-age loveseat sofa by GoodForm, The General Fireproofing Co. features a streamlined aluminum frame with striped vinyl upholstery and painted wood armrests.Category
Mid-20th Century American Mid-Century Modern LoveseatsMaterials
- Mid-Century Modern Patio Sofa Set by WoodardBy Woodard Furniture Co.Located in Brooklyn, NYMid-Century Modern, 3 piece, patio seating set by Lee L Woodard Sons features two, painted wrought iron, 3 seat sofas upholstered in pale pink textured outdoor vinyl with matching, w...Category
Mid-20th Century American Mid-Century Modern Patio and Garden FurnitureMaterials
Wrought IronUS$6,800 / set
- Italian Upholstered Loveseat Sofa By DonghiaBy DonghiaLocated in Brooklyn, NYComforatable and stylish, high-back, Italian loveseat sofa by Donghia features fine blue, aubergine and mauve, raised pinstripe upholstery that appears black. One loveseat is available.Category
Late 20th Century Italian Modern LoveseatsMaterials
- Milo Baughman Sofa for Thayer CogginBy Thayer Coggin, Milo BaughmanLocated in Brooklyn, NYThis exquisite vintage sofa features a stunning four seat design with six legs for added support. Wood trim, tapered post legs and classic Milo Baughman style add to the Mid-Century ...Category
Vintage 1960s American Mid-Century Modern SofasMaterials
- Milo Baughman for Thayer Coggin Sofa, 1970By Thayer Coggin, Milo BaughmanLocated in Chicago, ILMilo Baughman for Thayer Coggin sofa, 1970.Category
Vintage 1970s American Post-Modern SofasMaterials
UpholsteryUS$5,440 Sale Price20% Off
- "Case" Sofa by Milo Baughman for Thayer CogginBy Thayer Coggin, Milo BaughmanLocated in Denton, TX"Case" sofa by Milo Baughman for Thayer Coggin. The case is wrapped in olive green leather. With new upholstery.Category
20th Century American Mid-Century Modern SofasMaterials
ChromeUS$6,000 Sale Price20% Off
- Milo Baughman Serpintine Sectional Sofa for Thayer CogginBy Thayer Coggin, Milo BaughmanLocated in Philadelphia, PAMilo Baughman Serpintine sectional sofa for Thayer Coggin. Upholstery sits up on a Chrome Curving Base. Three sections which allows you to move this beast! Very Dramatic Comfy Sofa! ...Category
Vintage 1970s American Mid-Century Modern Sectional SofasMaterials
ChromeUS$18,500 / set
- Milo Baughman for Thayer Coggin Red Vinyl SofaBy Thayer Coggin, Milo BaughmanLocated in New York, NYMilo Baughman for Thayer Coggin Red Vinyl sofa. The sofa has a walnut frame, nice mid century modern lines, and angled tapered rear legs. The sofa has tufted back cushions. Back and ...Category
Mid-20th Century Mid-Century Modern SofasMaterials
- Walnut Milo Baughman for Thayer Coggin SofaBy Thayer CogginLocated in Oakland, CAMilo Baughman for Thayer Coggin Walnut frame sofa original designed in 1963, newly upholstered in an off-white fabric with button tufted backrest and three seat cushions. Floor model...Category
2010s Mid-Century Modern SofasMaterials
Recently ViewedView More
Rooms We Love: 11 Splendid Living Rooms
Common wisdom used to declare the kitchen the hub of the house. These days, the living room seems to have assumed the role of domestic focal point. Unlike the Victorian parlor, stiffly furnished and reserved for guests, today’s living room is a central place for reading, conversation and, well, living, with furnishings that lend themselves to both casual lounging and elegant entertaining.