Items Similar to Middle Eastern Silver Ewer and Basin
- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
1 of 8
Middle Eastern Silver Ewer and Basin
Middle Eastern silver ewer and basin Middle Eastern, early 20th century Measures: Ewer: Height 37.5cm, width 23cm, depth 13cm Basin: Height 12cm, diameter 36.5cm This silver ewer and basin, originally designed for handwashing before meals and for important occasions, is a beautiful piece of Ottoman craftsmanship. Crafted from solid silver, the ewer is elegantly shaped with a round base and a long, slender neck. Its handle and spout are gracefully curved, and it opens via a hinged lid with a ball finial. The silver throughout is beautifully engraved with Arabic script and Islamic motifs. The ewer has been designed to sit within the basin’s deep well, which sits in the centre of a wide sloped lip. The set can be used either as a decorative piece or for everyday use. The silver is hallmarked and indistinctly signed.
- DimensionsHeight: 14.77 in. (37.5 cm)Width: 9.06 in. (23 cm)Depth: 5.12 in. (13 cm)
- Materials and TechniquesSilver,Engraved
- Place of Origin
- Date of ManufactureEarly 20th Century
- Seller LocationLondon, GB
- Reference NumberSeller: 165151stDibs: LU956320207982
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingShips From: London, United Kingdom
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 14 days of delivery.
About the Seller
Located in London, United Kingdom
These prestigious sellers are industry leaders and represent the highest echelon for item quality and design.
These expertly vetted sellers are highly rated and consistently exceed customer expectations.
Established in 1975
1stDibs seller since 2012
271 sales on 1stDibs
Typical response time: 4 hours
The British Antique Dealers' AssociationInternational Confederation of Art and Antique Dealers' Associations
More From This Seller
- Russian Cloisonné Enamel and Silver-Gilt KovshLocated in London, GBKnown as a ‘kovsh’ (or kovsch), this item was designed to function as a small drinking vessel. Kovshes have been created in Russia for centuries, often from precious materials, such ...Category
Early 20th Century Russian Sterling SilverMaterials
- Ottoman Filigreed Silver and Hardstone Sweets DishLocated in London, GBOttoman filigreed silver and hardstone sweets dish Turkish, 19th century Height 24cm, diameter 21cm This beautiful, filigreed silver item is an Ottoman sweets dish. The piece fe...Category
Antique 19th Century Turkish VasesMaterials
- Ottoman Style Silver Ewer and BasinLocated in London, GBThis silver ewer and basin, originally designed for handwashing before meals and for important occasions, is a beautiful piece of Turkish craftsmanship, in the Ottoman style. Crafted...Category
20th Century Turkish Islamic More Dining and EntertainingMaterials
Silver$3,080 / set
- Pair of Floral Silver Vases Produced in Qajar PersiaLocated in London, GBPair of floral silver vases produced in Qajar Persia Persian, late 19th century Measures: Height 27cm, diameter 9.5cm These fine Persian silver vases are adorned with repoussé a...Category
Antique Late 19th Century Persian VasesMaterials
- Pair of Renaissance Style Vermeil Perfume BottlesLocated in London, GBPair of Renaissance style vermeil perfume bottles Continental, 19th century Measures: Height 20cm, diameter 6.5cm This beautiful pair of perfume bottles—also known as scent bott...Category
Antique 19th Century European Renaissance BottlesMaterials
- Blue and Opaque Etched Glass Ewer by BaccaratBy BaccaratLocated in London, GBBlue and opaque etched glass ewer by Baccarat French, 19th Century Measures: Height 32cm, width 13cm, depth 12cm This beautiful Baccarat glass ewer features a bulbous body with ...Category
Antique 19th Century French GlassMaterials
You May Also Like
Antique 19th Century Middle Eastern Tinned Copper Ewer
Located in North Hollywood, CA
Antique 19th century Middle Eastern tinned copper ewer.A very early Islamic Turkish copper ewer depicting an intricate scene with figures. Nice decorative hand-hammered ewer in Moori...
Antique 19th Century Moorish Pitchers
1915 Gorham Sterling Silver Ewer Hambletonian Race Trophy Goshen, NY
By Gorham Manufacturing Company
Located in Cape May, NJ
This is an important and very early piece of American horse racing history. Goshen, New York is where the original Hambletonian 10 started from in the 1850s. This massive piece is so...
Vintage 1910s American Art Nouveau Sterling Silver
Very Rare English Victorian Sterling Silver Ewer & Basin, London, 1891
By Goldsmiths Alliance Ltd.
Located in London, London
Hallmarked in London in 1891 by Joseph & Horace Savory (trading as the Goldsmiths Alliance) this rare, English, Antique Sterling Silver Ewer & Basin, features sunken and swirled flut...
Antique 1890s English Victorian Sterling Silver
Antique Russian Silver Ewer and Tray
Located in Braintree, GB
Antique Russian silver Ewer and tray. Made in St. Petersburg, 1880-1887. Ewer hallmarked 84 for Russian silver with St. Petersburg city mark, maker's mark WA unknown. Dimensio...
Antique 1880s Sterling Silver
Duck Ewer in Crystal and Sterling Silver
Located in Saint-Ouen, FR
Ewer in crystal and Sterling Silver in the shape of a duck Italian work of the 20th century Hallmarkeded 925 silver Size: Height: 26 cm Perfect condition.
Vintage 1970s Italian Sterling Silver
Crystal, Sterling Silver
Antique German Silver and Glass Trumpet Vase
Located in New York, NY
German 800 silver and glass vase, ca 1910. Tapering trumpet-form in clear glass with acid-etched wreaths, scrolls, and flowers. At top pierced and chased 800 silver mount with cherub...
Early 20th Century German Edwardian Sterling Silver
Antique Glass and English Sterling Silver and Enamel Scent Bottles
By Levi & Salaman
Located in Jesmond, Newcastle Upon Tyne
A fine and impressive pair of antique George V English sterling silver, glass and enamel scent bottles; an addition to our silver mounted glass collection. This fine pair of antique...
Vintage 1920s English Bottles
Sterling Silver, Enamel
Large and Pretty Hawkes Cut-Glass and Sterling Silver Vase
Located in New York, NY
Cut-glass and sterling silver vase. Made by Hawkes in New York, circa 1910. Baluster body with base knop and concave neck. Alternating stripes and lattice and oval frames acid-etched...
Early 20th Century American Edwardian Vases
Austro-Hungarian Silver Wine Ewer
Located in Hamilton, Ontario
Austro-Hungarian silver wine ewer.
Antique 19th Century European Sterling Silver
$1,595 Sale Price
Antique Baltimore Sterling Silver and Cut-Glass Perfume
By James R. Armiger
Located in New York, NY
Turn-of-the-century cut-glass perfume bottle with sterling silver stopper. Globular with short and faceted neck and shoulder, and everted rim. Star, fern, and diaper ornament. Globul...
Antique Late 19th Century American Victorian Sterling Silver