Items Similar to Pair of 17th Century Style Chairs by George Trollope & Son View More
Pair of 17th Century Style Chairs by George Trollope & Son
Worn and wonderfully, a sculptural pair of totally unrestored 17th century style chairs, upholstered in silk and wire work floral scrolls by George Trollope & Son These chairs would prefer an easy life in their current condition, structurally sound but with their original fragile timeworn silk and wire work upholstery. The silk sections could well be reupholstered the wirework is in good useable condition. We personally prefer the look of these in their current condition. Trollope & Sons, situated in Belgravia London, were high end furniture makers in London during the reign of Queen Victoria. Trollope and Sons also exhibited in both London and Paris. Additionally to their furniture making skills, Trollope and Sons also built Claridge’s Hotel, Alfred Beit's house in Park Lane. The firm also diversified into ship-fitting and the construction of country houses. Works by G. Trollope are on display in the Victoria & Albert Museum Label on the underside along with a U.S Customs sticker. In age 101cm in height, seat - 47cm in height, 55cm in width, 47cm in depth, circa 1880.
- CreatorGeorge Trollope & Sons (Cabinetmaker)
- Of the Period
- Place of Origin
- Date of Manufacture1880
- Materials and Techniques
- Condition Detailsplease read description
- WearWear consistent with age and use. Minor losses. Minor fading.
- DimensionsH 39.77 in. x W 21.66 in. x D 18.51 in.H 101 cm x W 55 cm x D 47 cm
- Seat Height18.51 in. (47 cm)
- Seller LocationLowestoft, GB
- Sold AsSet of 2
- Reference NumberLU4612117400002
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Our Promise To You: If you're not happy with the way an item arrived, we'll work with you and the seller to reach an optimal resolution. Read more
Shipping, Returns & Payment
- ShippingRates vary by destination and complexityShipping methods are determined by item size, type, fragility and specific characteristics.Shipping costs are calculated based on carrier rates, delivery distance and packing complexity.
- Return Policy
This item can be returned within 14 days of delivery.View details
- Online Payment Methods1stdibs accepts the following payment methods
- Item InvoiceGenerate an invoice that you can customize and print.
About the Seller
5 / 5
1stdibs seller since 2019
Typical response time: 6 hours
Located in Lowestoft, GB
More From This Seller
17th Century Manner of Johannes Fijt, Killer Ca...
Antique Mid-17th Century European Baroque Paintings
19th Century English Oak Adjustable Maroon Butt...
Antique Late 19th Century English Late Victorian Chairs
Brass, Leather, Oak
French 19th Century Napoleon III Curios Double ...
Antique Late 19th Century French Napoleon III Benches
You May Also Like
$2,900 / set
Pair of 17th Century French Chairs
Antique Early 17th Century French Chairs
$2,800 / set
Pair 17th Century English Hall Chairs
Antique 17th Century English William and Mary Side Chairs
17th Century Curule Chair
Antique 17th Century French Renaissance Armchairs
Bronze, Fabric, Wrought Iron
$2,200 / set
Pair of 17th Century French Walnut Side Chairs
Antique 17th Century Chairs
$11,518 / set
Rare Pair of 17th Century English Walnut Chairs
Antique 1690s English Chairs
Pair of 17th Century Danish Baroque Side Chairs
Antique 1680s Danish Baroque Side Chairs
$1,400 Sale Price / item
17th Century Pair of 'Prie-Dieu'
Antique Early 17th Century French Rustic Stools