- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Tufted Sofa in Grey Leather by Milo Baughman for Thayer Coggin
- DimensionsHeight: 30.32 in. (77 cm)Width: 86.62 in. (220 cm)Depth: 29.53 in. (75 cm)Seat Height: 15.75 in. (40 cm)
- StyleMid-Century Modern (Of the Period)
- Materials and Techniques
- Place of Origin
- Date of Manufacture1970s
- Seller LocationBerlin, DE
- Reference NumberSeller: Cs.ob.Baughman.v.1803a1stDibs: LU1591215749492
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRates vary by destination and complexity. We recommend this shipping type based on item size, type and fragility.Ships From: Berlin, Germany
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 10 days of delivery.
About Milo Baughman (Designer)
Milo Baughman was one of the most agile and adept modern American furniture designers of the late 20th century. A prolific lecturer and writer on the benefits of good design — he taught for years at Brigham Young University — Baughman (whose often-scrambled surname is pronounced BAWF-man) focused almost exclusively on residential furnishings, having a particular talent for lounge chairs, perhaps the most sociable piece of furniture.
Like his fellow adoptive Californians Charles and Ray Eames, Baughman’s furniture has a relaxed and breezy air. Baughman was famously opposed to ostentatious and idiosyncratic designs that were made to excite attention. While many of his chair designs are enlivened by such effects as tufted upholstery, Baughman tended to let his materials carry the aesthetic weight, most often relying on chair and table frames made of sturdy and sleek flat-bar chromed metal, and chairs, tables and cabinets finished with highly-figured wood veneers.
Like his colleagues Karl Springer and the multifarious Pierre Cardin, Baughman’s designs are emblematic of the 1970s: sleek, sure and scintillating. As you will see from the furniture presented on these pages, Milo Baughman’s designs are ably employed as either the heart of a décor or its focal point.
A prime source for design enthusiasts the world over, Original in Berlin sells a carefully curated and ever-growing inventory of classics by Scandinavian, French, Italian and American creators —from Paul McCobb, Charles & Ray Eames, George Nelson and Finn Juhl to Charlotte Perriand, Giò Ponti and Marco Zanuso — in its 10,000-square...
- By Milo BaughmanLocated in Berlin, DEPair of Milo Baughman lounge chairs in a cream fabric and solid wood feet. Good vintage condition.Category
Vintage 1950s American Mid-Century Modern Lounge ChairsMaterials
- By Dunbar Furniture, Edward WormleyLocated in Berlin, DEModernist Chesterfield "Party Sofa" designed by Edward Wormley for Dunbar. Gorgeous lines, super comfortable (v...Category
Mid-20th Century American Mid-Century Modern SofasMaterials
- By Florence KnollLocated in Berlin, DESofa by Florence Knoll for Knoll International The sofa is new upholstered in Knoll textile fabric.Category
Vintage 1950s American Mid-Century Modern SofasMaterials
- By Fredericia, Børge MogensenLocated in Berlin, DEFantastic early example of the Classic two-seat sofa designed by Børge Mogensen for Fredericia, Denmark, model 2...Category
Vintage 1960s Danish Scandinavian Modern SetteesMaterials
- By Dunbar Furniture, Edward WormleyLocated in Berlin, DERare sectional sofa designed by Edward Wormley, manufactured by Dunbar. The sofa consists of three parts - two t...Category
Vintage 1960s American Mid-Century Modern SofasMaterials
You May Also Like
Vintage 1970s Mid-Century Modern Sofas
Vintage 1960s American Mid-Century Modern Sofas
20th Century American Mid-Century Modern Sofas
Vintage 1970s American Mid-Century Modern Sofas
Late 20th Century American Mid-Century Modern Sofas
Vintage 1950s American Mid-Century Modern Sofas
Mid-20th Century American Mid-Century Modern Sofas
Vintage 1970s American Mid-Century Modern Settees
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Insured Global Delivery