- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Antonio Citterio for Vitra Grey Leather Suita Three-Seat Sofa, 2021
About the Item
- Creator:Vitra (Manufacturer),Antonio Citterio (Designer)
- Dimensions:Height: 26.38 in (67 cm)Width: 91.74 in (233 cm)Depth: 33.47 in (85 cm)Seat Height: 16.54 in (42 cm)
- Materials and Techniques:
- Place of Origin:
- Date of Manufacture:2021
- Condition:Wear consistent with age and use. There is a small chip on the right leg as shown. The leather is in great condition.
- Seller Location:London, GB
- Reference Number:Seller: S000971stDibs: LU4510232998862
Design house Vitra has garnered international recognition for more than 70 years — the Swiss family-owned furniture company has outfitted public spaces as well as residential properties and offices worldwide. It has been a proponent of modernist design since the 1950s. While the brand is heralded for its collaborations with mid-century modern icons such as Verner Panton, Charles and Ray Eames, Alexander Girard and others, Vitra’s German campus is also home to buildings designed by legendary architects Zaha Hadid and Frank Gehry. Among them is the Vitra Design Museum, an independent cultural institution that displays two centuries of design today.
Vitra was established in Weil Am Rhein, Germany, in 1950 by husband and wife team Willi and Erika Fehlbaum. On a trip to New York several years later, Willi Fehlbaum encountered the work of design polymaths Ray and Charles Eames in a furniture store and immediately knew that he had found his bliss.
In 1957, Vitra entered into a licensing agreement with Herman Miller, which saw the company producing designs by George Nelson, the Eameses and others. Later, Vitra partnered with Verner Panton and created the Panton chair, which was the first chair ever crafted from a single piece of molded plastic (it was also the first piece to be independently developed by Vitra). After 27 years of establishing the Vitra brand, the Fehlbaums passed control to their two sons, Rolf and Raymond Fehlbaum.
When a fire destroyed the factory in 1981, the brothers developed the Vitra Factory Campus, subsequently taking the opportunity to redirect the architectural landscape of the company. They created a masterplan with Nicholas Grimshaw, and together they erected four buildings in just a few short years.
In 1988, with the passing of Ray Eames and the disbandment of the Los Angeles Eames office, Rolf and Raymond acquired the furniture design portion of her estate, including the Eames prototypes and experimental models, housed today in the Vitra Design Museum.
Rolf and Roy opened the Vitra Design Museum in 1989. This began a period rich with design relationships, including collaborations with Antonio Citterio, Jasper Morrison, Maarten van Severen, Philippe Starck, Alberto Meda and others.
In 2012, leadership passed to Nora, the third generation of the Fehlbaums. Nora Fehlbaum has, like her grandparents, expanded the company and brought it into the 21st century with the acquisition of Finnish furniture manufacturer Artek. Nora has turned the company’s focus to sustainability yet still maintains its international and cultural relevance legacy.
Find a collection of Vitra lounge chairs, tables, side chairs, sofas and other furniture on 1stDibs.
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: London, United Kingdom
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 14 days of delivery.
- Antonio Citterio for B&B Italia Maxalto Grey Velvet Two Seat Sofa, 2013By MaxaltoLocated in London, GBDesigned by Antionio Citterio for Maxalto B&B Italia, this two seater sofa seamlessly combines modern and traditional design. Featuring a square frame sitting on a brushed black oak...Category
2010s European Modern SofasMaterials
Velvet$1,763 Sale Price50% Off
- Antonio Citterio for B&B Italia Grey Fabric Amoenus Circular SofaBy Antonio Citterio, B&B ItaliaLocated in London, GBDesigned by Antonio Citterio for B&B Italia, the Amoenus collection is a fantastic example of modern design. The round loveseat is the ideal shape for lounging, with the deep seat offering the ultimate comfort. Fully upholstered in grey fabric, the sofa sits on an integral base which allows it to swivel 360 degrees, while the backrest curves around the seat, enhancing the circular shape and creating an enclosed feeling. A fantastic accent piece for any contemporary living space, this Amoenus sofa...Category
2010s Italian Modern LoveseatsMaterials
Fabric$4,320 Sale Price30% Off
- B&B Italia Green Velvet George Four-Seat Sofa by Antonio CitterioBy B&B Italia, Antonio CitterioLocated in London, GBOriginally designed in 2001 by Antonio Citterio for B&B Italia, this George four-seat sofa offers both comfort and style. The sofa features a slim tubular steel frame with protec...Category
Early 2000s Italian SofasMaterials
- B&B Italia by Antonio Citterio Grey Fabric Michel Effe Corner SofaBy B&B Italia, Antonio CitterioLocated in London, GBOriginally designed by Antonio Citterio in 2015 for B&B Italia, the Michel Effe seating range continued to build on the design of the Michel sofa from 2012, and is a fantastic example of modern furniture design. The sofa is tuxedo in style with integrated armrests at the same height as the back to create one single linear seat that sits on a slim matt black metal frame. Fully upholstered in grey fabric, the sofa has built in back and seat cushions, adding to the overall simplicity of the piece, while the generous proportions of the wide arms and deep seat offer the ultimate comfort. Four additional cushions in matching fabric sit across the back of the sofa with bolsters...Category
2010s Italian Modern Sectional SofasMaterials
- Cassina by Vico Magistretti Maralunga Grey Three-Seater SofaBy Vico Magistretti, CassinaLocated in London, GBOriginally designed by Vico Magistretti for Cassina in 1973, the Maralunga sofa has become a true design icon. Upholstered in soft grey fabric, the sofa features the signature adj...Category
1990s Italian Modern SofasMaterials
- Fritz Hansen by Jaime Hayón Grey Favn Three Seater SofaBy Jaime Hayon, Fritz HansenLocated in London, GBDesigned by Jaime Hayón for Fritz Hansen, the Favn sofa was named after the Danish word for 'embrace'. The compact design features a soft curvaceous silho...Category
2010s Danish Scandinavian Modern SofasMaterials
Fabric$4,443 Sale Price30% Off
- Italian Antonio Citterio for Vitra Modern 3-Seater Sofa in Cast Aluminum, 1990sBy Vitra, Antonio CitterioLocated in National City, CAVintage modern three seater sofa on cast aluminum frame by architect and Italian designer, Antonio Citterio for VITRA 1990s Sculptural Clean and very comfortable design. Black fabri...Category
1990s German Modern SofasMaterials
- Purle Leather "Area" Sofa by Antonio Citterio for Vitra, Switzerland, 1980By Antonio Citterio, VitraLocated in DE MEERN, NLThis clever and high-quality Postmodern sofa by Milan-based Antonio Citterio for Vitra designed in 1990, ‘Area’ is a hybrid of daybed and so...Category
Vintage 1980s German Modern SofasMaterials
- 1990s Area Lounge Sofa Leather Sofa by Antonio Citterio for Vitra Chrom DesignBy Vitra, Antonio CitterioLocated in Neuenkirchen, NI1990s area lounge sofa leather sofa by Antonio Citterio for Vitra Chrom Design Object: sofa Manufacturer: Vitra Condition: good - vintage Age: around 1990 Dimensions: ...Category
- 1990s Area Lounge Sofa Leather Sofa by Antonio Citterio for Vitra Chrom DesignBy Vitra, Antonio CitterioLocated in Neuenkirchen, NI1990s Area Lounge Sofa Leather Sofa by Antonio Citterio for Vitra Chrom Design Object: sofa Manufacturer: Vitra Condition: good - vintage Age: around 1990 Dimensions: ...Category
- Italian Three-Seater Sofa Model Diesis by Antonio Citterio for B&B, 1970sBy Antonio Citterio, B&B ItaliaLocated in MIlano, ITItalian Mid-Century Modern three-seater sofa model Diesis by Antonio Citterio for B&B, 1970s Three-seater sofa model Diesis with armrests, with aluminum structure and padded cushion...Category
Vintage 1970s Italian Mid-Century Modern SofasMaterials
Metal$5,373 Sale Price20% Off
- Italian Black Leather Lounge Seating Area Sofa by Antonio Citterio for VitraBy Vitra, Antonio CitterioLocated in Llanbrynmair, GBA stylish modernist three seater lounge area seating by architect and Italian designer Antonio Citterio for VITRA. A statement piece, in Black leather with contrasting aluminium spi...Category
Late 20th Century German Post-Modern SofasMaterials
Recently ViewedView More
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Trusted Global Delivery