Room and Board Furniture
21st Century and Contemporary Modern Room and Board Furniture
21st Century and Contemporary Mid-Century Modern Room and Board Furniture
20th Century American Mid-Century Modern Room and Board Furniture
1990s American Post-Modern Room and Board Furniture
21st Century and Contemporary English Modern Room and Board Furniture
1980s Italian Modern Vintage Room and Board Furniture
1930s American Queen Anne Vintage Room and Board Furniture
1960s Danish Scandinavian Modern Vintage Room and Board Furniture
Canvas, Leather, Teak
1960s American Mid-Century Modern Vintage Room and Board Furniture
20th Century Italian Mid-Century Modern Room and Board Furniture
Rattan, Glass, Wood
1970s North American Mid-Century Modern Vintage Room and Board Furniture
1950s European Mid-Century Modern Vintage Room and Board Furniture
Mid-20th Century European Mid-Century Modern Room and Board Furniture
Late 20th Century American Hollywood Regency Room and Board Furniture
1970s American Mid-Century Modern Vintage Room and Board Furniture
Mid-20th Century North American Mid-Century Modern Room and Board Furniture
20th Century American Mid-Century Modern Room and Board Furniture
Early 2000s American Mid-Century Modern Room and Board Furniture
Room And Board furniture for sale on 1stDibs.
Creators Similar to Room and Board
- What is a dummy board?1 Answer1stDibs ExpertApril 5, 2022Dummy boards were flat cutouts of people that were painted to resemble other people in a household. It’s believed that they originated in Holland in the 17th century and quickly became a popular item to have in the home. They create the appearance of other people being in a home and are sometimes called silent companions. Their true purpose isn’t entirely understood. Shop a collection of dummy boards from some of the world’s top sellers on 1stDibs.
- What is a carving board?1 Answer1stDibs ExpertOctober 5, 2021A carving board is a cutting board that has grooves on the outside to preserve the juices of meats. It is fancier than a normal cutting board, and you can even serve the cooked meat on a carving board. Shop tableware and other dining, serveware and glassware on 1stDibs.
- What is a serving board?1 Answer1stDibs ExpertNovember 2, 2021A serving board is a board or a tray that is used to serve food. These functional boards are typically used to serve hors d’oeuvres — a selection of meats or cheeses, perhaps — and are often constructed of wood or plastic. Find a collection of antique and vintage serving boards on 1stDibs today.
- What is a charcuterie board?1 Answer1stDibs ExpertSeptember 28, 2021A charcuterie board sees an arrangement of cured meats, cheese, fruit, olives and other items prepared on a serving board for consumption. These boards have gained popularity over the years. Find a wide range of serveware and tableware today on 1stDibs for all of your charcuterie needs.
- What is a pot board?1 Answer1stDibs ExpertOctober 19, 2021A pot board is a type of dresser or cabinet designed to store pots and pans or other accessories in the kitchen. On 1stDibs, you can find antique pot board dressers in a variety of sizes depending on your needs.
- What is a hunt board?1 Answer1stDibs ExpertApril 5, 2022A hunt board is a piece of storage furniture that features drawers and cabinets and rests on tall legs. It is very similar to a sideboard but usually is smaller in size. On 1stDibs, shop a variety of antique and vintage hunt boards.
- What is a carrom game board?1 Answer1stDibs ExpertAugust 17, 2021A Carrom game board is a board used to play the tabletop game, Carrom, of Indian origin. A Carrom board is a square smooth flat wooden checkerboard that can be 72cm to 74cm square. Each corner on this game board features a circular hole with a net that catches the game pieces. Shop Carrom boards and vintage game tables on 1stDibs.
- What is a dummy board used for?1 Answer1stDibs ExpertApril 5, 2022No one is entirely sure of the purpose of dummy boards or if there even was one solitary purpose. Dummy boards were wood cutouts of people and displayed in homes. It’s believed they may have been used to make homes feel larger, to ward off loneliness, to thwart burglars or perhaps just for pure folly. Shop a collection of dummy boards from some of the world’s top sellers on 1stDibs.
- What is the best chess board?1 Answer1stDibs ExpertOctober 19, 2021Chess boards are made from different types of material – it is really a matter of preference. Materials such as wood, ivory, glass, plastic, clay, stone, and various metals have been used over time to create chess boards. An assortment of antique and vintage chessboards is available on 1stDibs.
- 1stDibs ExpertOctober 19, 2021The best cutting board for the kitchen depends on its usage, so it is a matter of preference. Wood cutting boards are mostly considered to be better than plastic cutting boards, but plastic may be better suited for people who cook only occasionally. 1stDibs offers different types of cutting boards for the kitchen.
- 1stDibs ExpertApril 5, 2022Yes, there are indeed different types of cribbage boards. In addition to the traditional wood boards, they can also be made with ivory, bone and horn. You can shop a variety of cribbage boards from some of the world’s top enthusiasts on 1stDibs.
- 1stDibs ExpertFebruary 22, 2021There are many different types of cutting boards and the one that is best suited for you is a matter of preference. The general consensus amongst chefs, however, is that grain wood boards are best for preserving your expensive knives.
- 1stDibs ExpertMarch 22, 2022A professional backgammon board can range in size from 44 x 55 cm to up to 66 x 88 cm. This equates to 17.3 x 21.7 inches to 26 x 34.6 inches. Various leagues establish specific rules of their tournaments. Shop a collection of antique and vintage backgammon boards on 1stDibs.
- 1stDibs ExpertFebruary 22, 2021The best wood for a cutting board is one wood that is not open-pored or soft. Open-pored woods tend to stain easily, while soft woods show cutting scars from knives. Therefore, it is best to opt for maple, beech, teak, or walnut when choosing a cutting board.
- 1stDibs ExpertSeptember 25, 2019
Both living rooms and family rooms are gathering spaces, but the former tend to be more formal, often used for entertaining company, while the latter tend to be more relaxed and kid-friendly.
- What is a study room in a house?1 Answer1stDibs ExpertOctober 12, 2021A study room — frequently just called a study — is a room in the house reserved for quiet and reflection. It is a space where you can study, work on your computer or read. A good study is spacious, quiet, neatly furnished with proper ventilation. Shop a range of antique and vintage study furnishings on 1stDibs.
- 1stDibs ExpertOctober 5, 2021The Victorian morning room is a room where the lady of the house prepares for the day ahead. The room is usually filled with light, bright furnishings and a writing desk where the mistress spends her mornings to keep her household running smoothly. You can find a variety of Victorian furniture on 1stDibs.
- 1stDibs ExpertSeptember 28, 2021This is usually a small room, attached to the bedrooms within a house that allows for storage and is used for dressing in. If you want to set up a dazzling dressing room to get primped up within your house, then look no further than our tips on 1stDibs.
- What is a living room suite?1 Answer1stDibs ExpertOctober 19, 2021A living room suite is a set of furniture pieces for the living room. It usually consists of a sofa with two or more matching chairs. Find a collection of antique and vintage living room suites on 1stDibs today.
- 1stDibs ExpertOctober 5, 2021A sitting room is a living room in the house where people sit. It is alternatively called a lounge, drawing room, front room, and family room — it’s a central room that binds the house into one unit. You can find a range of furniture, rugs and carpets, seating, and decorative objects to enhance the appearance of your sitting room on 1stDibs.