- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Moschino Leopard Print Fully Lined Jacket
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingShips From: New York, NY
- Return Policy
This item cannot be returned.
About the Manufacturer
The Moschino story begins in the early 1980s, when Franco Moschino (1950–94), a freelance magazine illustrator and Gianni Versace collaborator, founded a label in Italy whose ethos was all about having fun.
Moschino initially pursued a degree in painting at Milan Academy of Fine Arts during the late 1960s, turning to freelance illustration to help pay his way through school. He found inspiration in Pop art, Dadaism and bold graphics. During the 1970s, he began to work for Gianni Versace’s now-legendary house as a sketcher and freelanced as a clothing designer with other fashion labels. In 1983, encouraged by Versace, he launched his own extravagant and excessive couture collection.
Moschino’s expertly tailored, vibrant designs for casual wear and more, each adorned with loud, playful details, spoofed the chic high fashion of the day, and his close relationship with fine art — as well as his eye for innovation — welcomed comparisons to Elsa Schiaparelli over the years. The label’s work essentially mocked the industry even as its hand fed Moschino, with the founder emblazoning shirts with slogans such as “Good taste doesn’t exist” or embroidering jackets with the phrase “Waist of money,” while the theatrical shows were positioned with an undercurrent of critique. Today, the Metropolitan Museum of Art holds two vintage Moschino handbags in its collection: one shaped like a milk carton and the other an iron.
“Under all the surface witticisms, [Moschino] had a serious knack for running class pieces through a wringer of irony or Surrealism,” observed Vogue. “Chanel-isms were his favorite trope, though he also poked fun at Jean Paul Gaultier’s lingerie dressing and put out pasta bags in a parody of the Prada accessories craze.”
Accessories, jeans and the first men’s collection were presented at the Regal Palace in Milan in 1985, with his Moschino Jeans womenswear collection following in 1986. Then Moschino released Moschino for Women, its first fragrance, the next year in Europe. In 1988, long before brands had considered the concept of a spin-off, Moschino bowed its cheeky diffusion line for men and women, Moschino Cheap & Chic, during the shows in Milan. The label thrived, adding its first stores in Italy and campaigning for eco-friendly fur. Its retrospective-slash-fashion-show “X Years of Kaos” in the early 1990s benefited a children’s AIDS organization.
After Moschino’s untimely death at the age of 44 from AIDS complications, Rossella Jardini, his longtime friend and colleague, took the reins. She carried the torch for nearly 20 years, adding eyewear, watches and jewelry. American designer Jeremy Scott was named creative director in 2013.
Scott, who grew up on a farm and once unveiled a collection of evening dresses charred with burn marks, imbues all his work with a message of inclusion, be it his Fast Food collection in 2014 (hot dog dress included) or Moschino Barbie. “I don’t care if the critics don’t like me,” Scott told Vogue. “I want to be the people’s designer, like Diana was the people’s princess.”
Find vintage Moschino clothing on 1stDibs.
- Moschino Black "Numerology" Deconstructed Blazer with Two Set-In PocketsBy MoschinoLocated in New York, NYMoschino wonderfully detailed black "Numerology" deconstructed blazer with two set-in pockets is accented with "Numerology" numbers along the deconstructed seams on both front...Category
- Moschino Men's denim jacketBy MoschinoLocated in New York, NYMoschino Men's denim jacket. Front length measures 20 1/2", and the back is 23". The sleeves (with the cuff) measures 26", and the back from shoulder-to-shoulder measures 19".Category
- Moschino Black Cotton Domain Sleeve with Peplum JacketBy MoschinoLocated in New York, NYMoschino black fully lined cotton-blend peplum jacket features a slight domain-style sleeve, three-quarters, these sleeves are tapered towards the cuffs. The collar stands at ...Category
1990s Single-Breasted Jackets
- Moschino Sharp Black with contrast ribbon jacketBy MoschinoLocated in New York, NYMoschino black with contrast candy-cane black? white piping detailing on edges, also on the front four (4) patch pockets. On front, there are three (3) gilded gold metal button...Category
- Moschino "Cheap & Chic" "Swirl" Black & White with Bubble Buttons JacketBy MoschinoLocated in New York, NYMoschino's "Cheap & Chic" "Swirls" black and white jacket is wonderfully accented with lucite bubble buttons on the front as well as on the sleeve's cuffs, three(3) on the front and ...Category
- Moschino "Mickey Mouse" leather crop jacketBy MoschinoLocated in New York, NYMoschino's wonderful whimsical and wicked "Mickey Mouse Hands" crop leather jacket is so fun to wear! A show stopper wherever one goes.Whether with a body-hugging dress or eve...Category
You May Also Like
Late 20th Century Single-Breasted Jackets
Early 2000s Vests
1990s Tuxedo Jackets
Recently ViewedView More
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Trusted Global Delivery