- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Rare Pair of Rosewood Arne Vodder Cabinets / Sideboards, Sibast, Denmark, 1960s
- DimensionsHeight: 35.44 in (90 cm)Width: 54.34 in (138 cm)Depth: 19.69 in (50 cm)
- Sold AsSet of 2
- StyleMid-Century Modern (Of the Period)
- Materials and Techniques
- Place of Origin
- Date of Manufacture1960s
- ConditionWear consistent with age and use. Very good original condition. Some light signs of use and wear - feint marks, scratches, a ding to the side of one cabinet. But overall in great condition. The light in the bar cabinet requires rewiring prior to use.
- Seller LocationLondon, GB
- Reference Number1stDibs: LU2259316497062
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: London, United Kingdom
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 3 days of delivery.
About the Designer
Along with Vernor Panton, cabinetmaker and architect Arne Vodder was a leading light of what might be called the “second generation” of forward-thinking 20th-century Danish furniture designers — those who, following in the footsteps of Hans Wegner, Arne Jacobsen, Finn Juhl and others, first applied the skills, traditions and philosophical tenets of Scandinavian craftsmanship to a modern furniture idiom.
As a graduate student in architecture trained by pioneering furniture designer Finn Juhl, Vodder made his mark in the 1960s, when modern design had gained wide acceptance, particularly in the business world. Accordingly, many of Vodder's chairs are quiet in form — projecting an air of sturdiness and strength, rather than avant-garde styling.
Vodder’s aesthetic flair was very pronounced in his vintage cabinets and storage pieces — sideboards, bookcases, credenzas and buffets. In such pieces, Vodder liked to play with asymmetry. His bookcases often have a seemingly random array of variously sized shelves and nooks. A typical Vodder sideboard might have four sections, each different in purpose and look: an open stack of vertical shelves, and other cupboards covered with sliding panels in contrasting colored laminates and wood veneers.
As you will see from the works on 1stDibs, Arne Vodder had a sense of what kind of design was appropriate for which space: sobriety in the boardroom; playfulness at home.
- Arne Vodder Armchair in Original Leather, Denmark, 1950sBy Hans J. Wegner, Arne VodderLocated in London, GBArne Vodder armchair in original brown patinated leather with rosewood legs, produced by Ivan Schlechter, Denmark, 1950s. In good original condition with a nice tone and patina. Mino...Category
Mid-20th Century Danish Mid-Century Modern Lounge ChairsMaterials
- Rare Jørgen Høj Coffee Table, Denmark, 1960sBy Jorgen Hoj, A. Mikael LaursenLocated in London, GBRare Jørgen Høj coffee table for A. Mikael Laursen, Aarhus, Denmark, 1960s. Ships worldwide - please contact us for options. UK customers please note: displayed prices do no...Category
Mid-20th Century Danish Mid-Century Modern Coffee and Cocktail TablesMaterials
- Set of Four Model 78 Rosewood Chairs by Niels O. Møller (Moller), Denmark, 1960sBy J.L. Møllers Møbelfabrik, Niels Otto MøllerLocated in London, GBA superb set of four rosewood N.O. Møller 78 side chairs, in very good original condition, designed in 1962 for J.L. Møllers Møbelfabrik, Denmark. Ships worldwide. UK customers p...Category
Vintage 1960s Danish Mid-Century Modern Dining Room ChairsMaterials
- Rare Ejner Larsen and Aksel Bender Madsen Desk, Denmark, 1960sBy Finn Juhl, Ejner Larsen and Aksel Bender MadsenLocated in London, GBA rare Ejner Larsen and Aksel Bender Madsen desk, Denmark, 1960s. Made by Naestved Møbelfabrik, with makers mark. Fast shipping worldwide. UK customers please note: displaye...Category
Mid-20th Century Danish Mid-Century Modern Desks and Writing TablesMaterials
- Pair of Razor Blade Armchairs by Henning Kjærnulf 'Kjaernulf', Denmark, 1960sBy Axel Einar Hjorth, Henning KjærnulfLocated in London, GBA superb pair of razor blade armchairs by Henning Kjærnulf, Denmark, 1960s. Oak frames in excellent original condition with a lovely even tone and patina. Stamped with the makers mar...Category
Mid-20th Century Danish Mid-Century Modern Lounge ChairsMaterials
- Rare pair of Suede Arne Norell Safari 'Sirocco' Chairs, Sweden, 1970sBy Norell Möbel AB, Arne NorellLocated in London, GBA lovely pair of vintage Arne Norell safari sirocco chairs in very rare suede and leather. Made by Norell Mobler in Sweden. Good original condition but some sun fading to wooden part...Category
Mid-20th Century Swedish Mid-Century Modern Lounge ChairsMaterials
- Arne Vodder for Sibast Danish Rosewood Tamboured Door Credenza, Circa 1960sBy Arne Vodder, SibastLocated in Peabody, MADanish rosewood credenza with tambour doors designed by Arne Vodder for Sibast, ca. 1960s. Ample adjustable shelving, storage compartment with bottom surface suitable for liquor bott...Category
Vintage 1960s Danish Scandinavian Modern CredenzasMaterials
- Danish Model 54 Highboard in Teak by Arne Vodder for SibastBy Arne Vodder, SibastLocated in Shepperton, SurreyA sleek 1960s highboard in warm teak by Arne Vodder for Sibast. With sliding tambour doors, tapered legs, copious storage and perfect proportions it is both visually arresting and e...Category
Mid-20th Century Danish Mid-Century Modern SideboardsMaterials
- Arne Vodder Sideboard for Sibast Møbler in Rosewood and Metal, Denmark, 1960sBy Arne Vodder, SibastLocated in Amsterdam, NLSideboard with tambours doors by Arne Vodder for Sibast Møbler, recognizable by its simplicity. The design is modern and minimal yet very distinct. The latter is partly due to the ro...Category
Vintage 1960s Danish SideboardsMaterials
- Small Danish Rosewood Sideboard by Arne Vodder for Sibast Furnitures 1960.By Arne Vodder, SibastLocated in JOINVILLE-LE-PONT, FRPretty little Scandinavian sideboard. Two large sliding doors open onto a shelf twice. Furniture of very good manufacture, functional, simple and very elegant. The beautiful little c...Category
Vintage 1960s Danish Scandinavian Modern SideboardsMaterials
- Arne Vodder Rosewood Sideboard, Sibast Møbler, c. 1965By Arne Vodder, SibastLocated in New York, NYRosewood Sideboard designed by Arne Vodder c 1965. Manufactured by Sibast Møbler. The stature and ‘lift” to this piece at 42” high, distinguishes itself from the more typical 34” hi...Category
Mid-20th Century Danish Mid-Century Modern BuffetsMaterials
Felt, Mirror, Rosewood, Teak
- Arne Vodder Desk & Sideboard Rio Rosewood, 1955 by Sibast Møbelfrabrik, DenmarkBy Sibast, Arne VodderLocated in Munster, NRWArne Vodder office desk & sideboard, model 209 in Rio rosewood, made in 1955 by Sibast Møbelfrabrik, Denmark (for this property we have a valid cites certificate.) Stunning and huge...Category
Vintage 1950s Danish Scandinavian Modern Desks and Writing TablesMaterials