Rare Ico Parisi for Fratelli Rizzi Highboard in Ash
View Similar Items
- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Rare Ico Parisi for Fratelli Rizzi Highboard in Ash
- CreatorIco Parisi (Designer),Fratelli Rizzi (Manufacturer)
- DimensionsHeight: 78.75 in (200 cm)Width: 74.81 in (190 cm)Depth: 24.02 in (61 cm)
- StyleMid-Century Modern (Of the Period)
- Materials and Techniques
- Place of Origin
- Date of Manufacture1950
- ConditionWear consistent with age and use. Every item Morentz offers is checked by our team of 30 craftsmen in our in-house workshop. Special restoration or reupholstery requests can be done. We guarantee a very high-quality standard, ask our design specialists for detailed information.
- Seller LocationWaalwijk, NL
- Reference NumberSeller: 501125271stDibs: LU933133041732
About the Designer
Domenico “Ico” Parisi was one half of a prolific postwar design duo he comprised with his wife, Luisa. Their furniture designs are known for running the stylistic gamut, with celebrated mid-century modern pieces ranging from elegantly skeletal — like dramatic ebonized dining chairs — to plush and shapely, like the iconic 1951 Egg chair, in a plethora of materials.
The son of an art teacher father, Ico Parisi was exposed to art at an early age. Born in 1916 in the Sicilian capital of Palermo, he and his family moved to Como in 1925. There, the young Parisi would begin to develop his interest in architecture and design. After earning a degree as a building inspector in 1936 and working as a civil engineer, Parisi took on an apprenticeship in the studio of Giuseppe Terragni, the modernist, fascist Italian architect, pioneer of the Rationalist movement and creator of the iconic Casa del Fascio.
While working for Terragni, Parisi crossed paths with such contemporary design talents as Lucio Fontana, Bruno Munari and Pietro Lingeri, though he briefly moved away from design and architecture to explore photography and film. His artistic work would soon be interrupted, however, by the outbreak of World War II, during which he served at the front before returning to Como in 1943. There, he resumed work as a designer and architect, founding two architecture groups: the Alta Quota and the Gruppo Como.
Through his creative circles, Parisi met Luisa Aiani, a former student of the prolific architect and furniture designer Gio Ponti, who was affiliated with the Alta Quota. They married in 1947 and founded the studio La Ruota — a cross between a design firm and an intellectual salon — in Como shortly thereafter. In 1950, Parisi finally completed his architectural schooling, studying under the nationalist architect Alberto Sartoris at the Athenaeum Architecture School in Lausanne, Switzerland. He and Aiani began several decades of sophisticated output, designing curved sofas upholstered in yellow velvet and armchairs with slender mahogany frames for enduring Italian manufacturers such as Cassina and others.
Much like Charles and Ray Eames in America, the Parisis worked as a team and relied on experimentation in style and material for many of their designs. Ico Parisi died in Como in 1996.
Find a collection of vintage Ico Parisi coffee tables, dining chairs and more on 1stDibs.
Established in 2006, Morentz has a team of approximately 55 restorers, upholsterers, interior advisers and art historians, making it a gallery, workshop and upholstery studio, all in one. Every day, a carefully selected array of 20th-century furniture arrives from all over the world at the firm’s warehouse, where the team thoroughly examines each piece to determine what, if any, work needs to be done. Whether that means new upholstery or a complete restoration, Morentz's aim is always to honor the designer’s intention while fulfilling the wishes of the client. The team is up to any challenge, from restoring a single piece to its original glory to furnishing a large-scale hotel project.
- Rare Ico Parisi for Fratelli Rizzi Writing Desk in AshBy Fratelli Rizzi, Ico ParisiLocated in Waalwijk, NLIco Parisi for Fratelli Rizzi, Intimiano, writing desk, cat. no, '1950.56', ash, Italy, 1950 This highly refined writing table is designed by the acknowledged master of Italian mi...Category
Vintage 1950s Italian Mid-Century Modern Desks and Writing TablesMaterials
- Rare Ico Parisi for Fratelli Rizzi Cabinet in Ash with MirrorBy Ico Parisi, Fratelli RizziLocated in Waalwijk, NLIco Parisi for Fratelli Rizzi, Intimiano, cabinet, a desk from the same series referenced under cat. no, '1950.56', ash, mahogany, brass, mirrored glass, Italy, 1950 This highly ref...Category
Vintage 1950s Italian Mid-Century Modern CabinetsMaterials
- Unique Italian Highboard with Illuminated Interior in Mahogany and BrassBy Paolo BuffaLocated in Waalwijk, NLAttributed to Paolo Buffa, wardrobe, mahogany, brass, mirrored glass, glass, Italy, 1950s The decorative elements, materials use, woodworking, and the overall composition suggest ...Category
Vintage 1950s Italian Mid-Century Modern SideboardsMaterials
- Unique Large Italian Highboard in Cognac Patchwork Leather and BirchLocated in Waalwijk, NLWardrobe, patchwork cognac leather, stained birch, metal, Italy, 1970s. This is an eye-catching wardrobe that has been made in Italy in the 1970s. The entire body of the piece is covered in a patchwork cognac colored leather, that has great quality and differs in color. The layout of the patchwork consists of rows that are interrupted by stitching. This results in an interesting composition of shapes. There is ample storage space provided behind the ten differently-sized doors, featuring various storage options such as clothing racks, shelving, and four drawers. This monumental wardrobe...Category
Vintage 1970s Italian Post-Modern Wardrobes and ArmoiresMaterials
- André Sornay Highboard in Mahogany and AshBy Andre SornayLocated in Waalwijk, NLAndré Sornay for Atelier Sornay, wardrobe or armoire, ash, mahogany, France, 1950s Iconic midcentury wardrobe by French designer André Sornay. With its geometric design and the com...Category
Vintage 1950s French Mid-Century Modern Wardrobes and ArmoiresMaterials
- Giovanni Battista Bassi Rare Highboard in WalnutLocated in Waalwijk, NLGiovanni Battista Bassi, wardrobe, walnut, metal, 1970s Giovanni Battista Bassi (1926-2013), one of the founders of the Italian furniture manufactu...Category
Vintage 1970s Italian Mid-Century Modern Wardrobes and ArmoiresMaterials
- Vintage De Sede DS80 Patchwork Daybed, 1970sBy De SedeLocated in amstelveen, NLDe Sede DS80 cognac leather patchwork daybed, Switzerland, 1970. Originally upholstered in beautiful and soft aniline leather. The patchwork design...Category
Vintage 1970s European Mid-Century Modern SofasMaterials
- Mid-Century Compact Wardrobe from Lebus, 1960sBy Harris LebusLocated in South Shields, GBA compact teak wardrobe from Lebus. Featuring a hanging rail, mirrored sliding door compartment, a drop down door cabinet and four drawers Two doors are lockable. The handles are ...Category
Mid-20th Century British Mid-Century Modern Wardrobes and ArmoiresMaterials
- Mid Century DeskLocated in Whittier, CAHere is a great mid century desk, in excellent condition! 48Lx18.25Dx32H We ship nationwide. Come check it out! Located in Whittier mi...Category
Vintage 1960s North American Mid-Century Modern Bedroom SetsMaterials
- Fine French 1940s Desk and Cabinet by Jean Pascaud 'Marquetry by J.D Malcles'By Jean PascaudLocated in Long Island City, NYJean Pascaud (1903-1996) - A fine French art deco walnut stained desk and cabinet / armoire. The desk has four drawers with a carved diamond pattern and four scroll legs with bronze...Category
Vintage 1940s Art Deco CabinetsMaterials
- Postmodern Telescopic Coat Stand Manufactured by Porada ArrediBy Porada ArrediLocated in Hutten, RPPostmodern telescopic coat stand. manufactured by Porada Arredi, around 1980. A very unique and multifunctional coat hanger with umbrella stand, including a small desk with pi...Category
Vintage 1980s Italian Post-Modern Wardrobes and ArmoiresMaterials
- French Elm and Walnut Armoire Two Doors Wardrobe Desk and Vitrine, circa 1960Located in Labrit, LandesFrench multipurpose furniture: armoire, wardrobe, vitrine desk and commode The right shelves can be removed to have a wardrobe Few signs of...Category
Mid-20th Century French Mid-Century Modern Wardrobes and ArmoiresMaterials
- Solid Oak Wardrobe and Desk by Guillerme et Chambron, Edition Votre MaisonBy Guillerme et ChambronLocated in Wiesbaden, DEElegant and rare Wardrobe, armoire and secretary by French designers Guillerme and Chambron featuring leather straps holding the desk tray. The iconic wardrobe is in overall good...Category
Mid-20th Century French Mid-Century Modern Wardrobes and ArmoiresMaterials
- Tall and Narrow Original French Macassar Ebony Inlaid CabinetBy N.F. AmeublementLocated in New York City, NYAn outstanding French Art Deco / Mid Century Modern tall cabinet. with N.F. Ameublement seal. The armoire features stunning Macassar ebony in a geometric parquetry inlaid pattern with dots of decorative mother of pearl inlay. The case rests on elegant, tapered ebonized legs capped by nickeled bronze tall sabots. The exterior wood grain is all in the original high gloss lacquer finish. and is in very good original condition, with minor wear consistent with age. This unique piece offers an interior refinished in beautiful cedar with ample storage supporting two interior shelves behind the double doors. A unique blend of Art Deco and Mid-Century Modern design pervades this cabinet and showcases an overall exquisite cubist, stark and simple design. The original label is present, and is stamped 1973. Label by Ameublement NF...Category
Late 20th Century French Mid-Century Modern Wardrobes and ArmoiresMaterials
- Fine Paint Decorated Baroque Style Armoire Secretary/ DeskLocated in Bridgeport, CTA tall custom Venetian baroque shaped frame, the double doors with inset beveled antiqued mirrors open to two shelves. The slant front opens to drawers and a cubby hole. The lower ca...Category
20th Century American Hollywood Regency SecretairesMaterials
- 20th Century Lacquered, Painted and Gilded Wood Venetian Trumeau, 1960Located in Vicoforte, PiedmontVenetian trumeau from 20th century. Double body cabinet in lacquered, gilded and painted wood with floral decorations of great pleasure. Trumeau for living room with three external d...Category
Vintage 1960s Italian Wardrobes and ArmoiresMaterials
- Vanity Desk by Ico and Luisa Parisi for Fratelli RizziBy Ico ParisiLocated in Madrid, ESA vanity desk designed by Ico and Luisa Parisi in 1950. Edited by Fratelli Rizzi in 1950. Cherrywood frame and melamine board. Inside mirror. Provenance: Casa Rizzi, Autentica Robert...Category
Vintage 1950s Italian Mid-Century Modern DesksMaterials
- Highboard in the Style of Ico Parisi, Italy, Mid-20th CenturyBy Ico ParisiLocated in Greding, DEItalian Highboard out of cheerywood, on a forked stand with two glazed doors and two smaller doors, decorated with an ebonized square with brass framing. The rear wall of the display...Category
Mid-20th Century Italian Mid-Century Modern SideboardsMaterials
- Sideboard by Ico ParisiBy Ico ParisiLocated in Stockton, NJAn important sideboard by Italian designer Ico Parisi. Designed in 1948 with structure in walnut wood, ebonized wood and veneered wood....Category
Vintage 1940s Italian Mid-Century Modern SideboardsMaterials
- Sideboard by Ico Parisi for MIM, Roma, ItalyBy Ico Parisi, Mobili Italiani Moderni (MIM)Located in Antwerp, BEA MIM sideboard with aluminium handles is a perfect example of this creating and a beautiful detail designed by Ico Paresi. Two compartments with one shelve and one with three drawer...Category
Vintage 1960s Italian Mid-Century Modern SideboardsMaterials
- Italian Midcentury Teak Wall Coat Rack Regolo by Ico Parisi for StildomusBy Ico Parisi, StildomusLocated in Vienna, ATAmazing and wonderful handcrafted Italian 1950s wall Wardrobe or coat rack with seven nickel plated coat hangers in two different shapes designed by Ico Parisi 1959 for Stildomus Mod...Category
Vintage 1960s Italian Mid-Century Modern Coat Racks and StandsMaterials
Brass, Nickel$2,623 / setFree Shipping
- Fratelli Reguitti Mid-Century Clothing Valet, Ico Parisi Style, Italy, 1950sBy Fratelli Reguitti, Ico & Luisa ParisiLocated in Vienna, ATAn elegant sculptural Modernist gentleman’s valet clothing stand from the 1950s in the style of Ico & Luisa Parisi. Executed by Fratelli Reguitti, Italy. Made of beech wood in medium...Category
Mid-20th Century Italian Mid-Century Modern Coat Racks and StandsMaterials
Recently ViewedView More
Morentz Writes the Next Chapter for Furniture with a Storied Past
Dutch dealer Matthijs Hoveijn specializes in the best of mid-century modern design, selling it to discerning clients around the world.
Paris Designer Luis Laplace Enlivens Old-World Rooms with Art
The Argentinian-born talent has a knack for helping serious collectors show off their impressive holdings.
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Trusted Global Delivery