- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Eero Saarinen Oval Tulip Coffee Cocktail Table in Marble by Knoll
- CreatorEero Saarinen (Designer)
- DesignSaarinen Pedestal TableSaarinen Pedestal Series
- DimensionsHeight: 15 in. (38.1 cm)Width: 54 in. (137.16 cm)Depth: 36 in. (91.44 cm)
- StyleMid-Century Modern (Of the Period)
- Date of Manufacture1960
- ConditionWear consistent with age and use. Minor losses. please contact for a detailed condition report.
- Seller LocationFt Lauderdale, FL
- Reference NumberSeller: sf 2/13/191stDibs: LU885013646672
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRates vary by destination and complexity. We recommend this shipping type based on item size, type and fragility.Ships From: Ft Lauderdale, FL
- Return Policy
This item cannot be returned.
About Eero Saarinen (Designer)
Through his work as an architect and designer, Eero Saarinen was a prime mover in the introduction of modernism into the American mainstream. Particularly affecting were the organic, curvilinear forms seen in Saarinen’s furniture and his best-known structures: the gull-winged TWA Flight Center at John F. Kennedy airport in New York (opened 1962), Dulles International Airport in Virginia (1962) and the Gateway Arch in St. Louis, Missouri (1965).
Saarinen had a peerless modernist pedigree. His father, Eliel Saarinen, was an eminent Finnish architect who in 1932 became the first head of the Cranbrook Academy of Art in suburban Detroit. The school became synonymous with progressive design and decorative arts in the United States, and while studying there the younger Saarinen met and befriended several luminaries of mid-century modernism, among them Harry Bertoia and Charles and Ray Eames.
At Cranbrook, Saarinen also met Florence Schust Knoll, who, as director of her husband Hans Knoll's eponymous furniture company, would put Saarinen’s best designs into production. These include the Grasshopper chair, designed in 1946 and so named because its angled bentwood frame resembles the insect; the Tulip chair (1956), a flower-shaped fiberglass shell mounted on a cast-aluminum pedestal; and the lushly contoured Womb lounge chair and ottoman (1948). In his furniture as in his architecture, the keynotes of Eero Saarinen’s designs are simplicity, strength and grace.
- By Karl SpringerLocated in Ft Lauderdale, FLKarl Springer cocktail or coffee table in gunmetal and polished steel 1980s In excellent, like-new condition, pa...Category
Vintage 1980s American Modern Coffee and Cocktail TablesMaterials
- By Karl SpringerLocated in Ft Lauderdale, FLSculpture leg coffee or cocktail table by Karl Springer, circa 1980s with stainless steel cylinder legs, chrome ...Category
Late 20th Century American Mid-Century Modern Coffee and Cocktail TablesMaterials
- By Silas SeandelLocated in Ft Lauderdale, FLSigned Silas Seandel 'Knot" cocktail aluminum coffee table 1970's, signed. 42" square with 3/4" thick glass top ...Category
Late 20th Century American Brutalist Coffee and Cocktail TablesMaterials
- By Mario BelliniLocated in Ft Lauderdale, FLChrome and mirror coffee or cocktail table, 1960s, Italian design Model 621 by Gianfranco Frattini for Cassina, ...Category
Mid-20th Century Italian Modern Coffee and Cocktail TablesMaterials
- By Charles and Ray EamesLocated in Ft Lauderdale, FLPair of La Fonda slate coffee tables by Charles and Ray Eames for Herman Miller, circa 1960s. Model 3679 in the ...Category
Mid-20th Century Mid-Century Modern Coffee and Cocktail TablesMaterials
- By William Billy HainesLocated in Ft Lauderdale, FLAn important console table by William Billy Haines, USA, circa 1965 A giltwood, polychromed wood, patinaed metal...Category
Mid-20th Century American Hollywood Regency Console TablesMaterials
You May Also Like
Vintage 1960s American Mid-Century Modern Coffee and Cocktail Tables
Vintage 1960s Italian Mid-Century Modern Coffee and Cocktail Tables
Carrara Marble, Iron
21st Century and Contemporary American Mid-Century Modern Coffee and Coc...
Vintage 1970s Swiss Mid-Century Modern Coffee and Cocktail Tables
Late 20th Century American Modern Side Tables
Mid-20th Century Finnish Scandinavian Modern Dining Room Tables
Mid-20th Century American Mid-Century Modern Tables
Carrara Marble, Iron
20th Century Italian Mid-Century Modern Coffee and Cocktail Tables
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Insured Global Delivery