Questions & Answers
Our trusted network of 1stDibs sellers answer common questions
Where do I find the date code on Louis Vuitton?
To find the date code on Louis Vuitton handbags, look to the interior. Unlike other luxury brands, Louis Vuitton does not come with authenticity cards but rather a date code stamped in the lining or on a leather tab within an interior pocket. Note, Louis Vuitton did not include date codes in their handbags until 1982 and stopped including date codes as of March 2021. Newer Louis Vuitton items instead have an RFLD chip. On 1stDibs, find a wide range of authentic Louis Vuitton items.
1stDibs ExpertApril 5, 2022
- Where can I find the date code on a Louis Vuitton Speedy?1 Answer
- Do all Louis Vuitton pieces have date codes?1 Answer
- What does the date code on Louis Vuitton mean?1 Answer
- Where is the date code on a Louis Vuitton wallet?1 Answer
- Where is the date code on a Louis Vuitton bag?1 Answer