Dolce Gabbana Chili
21st Century and Contemporary Suits, Outfits and Ensembles
2010s Italian Casual Dresses
2010s A-Line Skirts
21st Century and Contemporary Italian Skirts
2010s Italian Skirts
2010s Italian Casual Dresses
21st Century and Contemporary Italian Pleated Skirts
Dolce & Gabbana for sale on 1stDibs
Shapely lingerie models, animal and floral prints and the Mediterranean heritage of Sicily have come to define the romantic and sensual style of Dolce & Gabbana, a leading international brand that from its earliest days of corsetry, copious lace and provocative silhouettes has challenged fashion with an audacious vision for femininity.
After meeting in Milan in 1980 while they were both working for Italian designer Giorgio Correggiari, Domenico Dolce (b. 1958) and Stefano Gabbana (b. 1962) would go on to establish their eponymous fashion empire in 1982. Three years later, a breakthrough for the duo materialized in the form of an up-and-coming talent showcase at Milan Fashion Week, where they unveiled an approach to fashion design that broke sharply from that of the era’s reigning Italian houses. By then romantic partners as well as a business, Dolce & Gabbana were outsiders. Soon, their distinctive garments — sexy, feathery skirts and stretchy jersey evening dresses that favored full figures — demanded the fashion world’s undivided attention.
Though Dolce & Gabbana forged a path in womenswear that would take shape with a 1986 collection called “Real Women,” the brand’s offerings broadened quickly to encompass knitwear, swimwear, lingerie, ready-to-wear, menswear and perfume. In the early 1990s, Madonna helped catapult the luxury house to international stardom: The renowned singer and actress famously tapped the brand to create the looks for her 1993 tour “The Girlie Show.” It saw Madonna working closely with the designers and even starring in their ad campaigns. Dolce & Gabbana has continued to develop a high-profile clientele that includes pop sensations such as Beyoncé and Lady Gaga. The latter donned Dolce & Gabbana’s armor corset dress in the music video for her hit single “Paparazzi.”
Rather than following the rapidly changing trends of fashion, Dolce & Gabbana have instead held to their close-fitting tailoring and decadent designs. The house continues to work with recurring themes such as the culture of Italy and Catholicism, which is manifest, specifically, in their widespread use of black lace, a fabric that references the dresses worn by Sicilian widows. The duo is also inspired by Italian cinema and its icons such as Gina Lollobrigida and Sophia Loren; in 2015 they introduced the Sophia No. 1 lipstick in her honor.
Although Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana separated as a couple in 2005, they continued their business as a creative partnership. In 2012, they closed their less expensive D&G ready-to-wear line to focus on exclusive extravagance, such as their Alta Moda custom pieces. Today, Dolce & Gabbana maintains a popularity with a wealthy clientele, and the house’s 2020s collections have featured technological experiments that update traditional styles, such as a bouclé jacket with a pixel-like pattern, as well as throwbacks to the 1990s fashion that made the brand a household name.
Finding the Right clothing for You
From museum-worthy vintage Oscar de la Renta evening dresses and jackets to audacious T-shirts and trousers from provocative punk designer Vivienne Westwood, one thing is abundantly clear: If the clothing available on 1stDibs could talk, it would certainly make a statement.
For fashion lovers, the 1990s have become associated with styles adopted by today’s supermodels and influencers — think Galliano and Cavalli — but maybe ‘80s accessories are among your (guilty?) pleasures. Playful, boldly colored coats and outerwear from Moschino and other titans of the era can take a simpler ensemble to the next level, while chic and practical suits from the likes of Christian Dior and Chanel remain classic for haute couture advocates and beyond. By exploring the vast array of vintage collections on these pages, you can transform your closet into a retreat that is as retro as it is royal.
Velvet cocktail dresses and silk evening gowns designed by French-born American couturiere Pauline Trigère — who dressed Wallis Simpson, the Duchess of Windsor — have proven timeless since their mid-century debut, while an overcoat by Alexander McQueen is the perfect finishing touch. In fact, an emerald one stays in rotation for Kate Middleton, Duchess of Cambridge.
Those seeking modern high-fashion brands are also in luck. Turn your day-to-day into a runway with selections from Dolce & Gabbana, Yves Saint Laurent and Versace or complete that fresh look with stunning footwear classics from the likes of Gucci and Christian Louboutin. The future — and glamorous past — of fashion is yours for the wearing.
Build your collection of covetable and iconic vintage garments by shopping on 1stDibs. No matter where you roam, our diverse apparel and accessories will keep you covered in the hottest styles and comfiest black hoodie imaginable.
- 1stDibs ExpertApril 5, 2022If your Dolce & Gabbana shoes are leather, the high-fashion retailer sells a leather care kit. If in doubt, you can always bring your shoes to an official shoe repair shop for a cleaning. On 1stDibs, you can find a selection of Dolce & Gabbana shoes from some of the top sellers around the world.
- 1stDibs ExpertMarch 22, 2022One way to authenticate Dolce and Gabbana shoes is to carefully examine the craftsmanship. Authentic footwear from the brand will usually not have any irregular stitches or loose threads. Newer shoes feature a reflective holographic tag for easier identification. You'll find a range of expertly vetted Dolce and Gabbana shoes on 1stDibs.1stDibs ExpertApril 5, 2022You can tell that Dolce & Gabbana shoes are authentic by looking at the inside. Dolce & Gabbana is a luxury brand. Buyers can expect meticulous stitching and the utmost craftsmanship. Always purchase Dolce & Gabbana garments from a reputable seller to ensure authenticity. Shop a collection of authentic Dolce & Gabbana shoes from some of the world’s top boutiques on 1stDibs.
- What is Dolce & Gabbana known for?2 Answers1stDibs ExpertMarch 22, 2022Dolce and Gabbana is known for producing romantic, alluring fashions and accessories. Animal and floral prints are two signatures of the brand, and their apparel often features close-fitting, finely tailored lines. On 1stDibs, find a selection of Dolce and Gabbana.1stDibs ExpertApril 5, 2022Dolce & Gabbana is known for bold prints and classic Italian glam. Dolce & Gabbana is also well known for their women’s suits, which are influenced by traditional masculine silhouettes. Shop a collection of authentic Dolce & Gabbana from some of the world’s top boutiques on 1stDibs.
- 1stDibs ExpertApril 5, 2022Dolce & Gabbana use a variety of fabrics in their designs, so it really depends on what piece you’re looking at. Dolce & Gabbana’s website lists the materials used to create each item and is a great site to use for reference. You can also shop a collection of vintage and new Dolce & Gabbana looks from some of the world’s top boutiques on 1stDibs.
- 1stDibs ExpertApril 5, 2022Dolce & Gabbana sunglasses are made in Italy. To verify authenticity, you can check for a ‘Made in Italy’ stamp on the right temple of the sunglasses. Find a collection of expertly vetted Dolce & Gabbana fashions, accessories and handbags from some of the world’s top reputable boutiques on 1stDibs.
- 1stDibs ExpertMarch 22, 2022Dolce and Gabbana makes their products in more than one location. Most of the apparel comes from brand-owned workshops and factories in Italy and France. Manufacturers in China produce some of the brand's sunglasses and shoes. On 1stDibs, find a collection of Dolce and Gabbana.1stDibs ExpertApril 5, 2022The majority of Dolce & Gabbana garments are manufactured in Italy, with some specialty garments manufactured in France. Always purchase Dolce & Gabbana garments from a reputable seller to ensure authenticity. Shop a collection of authentic Dolce & Gabbana from some of the world’s top boutiques on 1stDibs.
- 1stDibs ExpertApril 5, 2022Dolce & Gabbana glasses are made in Italy. A great way to spot a fake is if the glasses say they are made somewhere other than Italy. You can shop a collection of expertly vetted Dolce & Gabbana accessories from some of the world’s top reputable boutiques on 1stDibs.
- How do Dolce & Gabbana sneakers fit?2 Answers1stDibs ExpertMarch 22, 2022Dolce and Gabbana sneakers tend to fit true to size. The brand uses Italian sizing, so consult its official size chart to determine which is right for you. You can shop a collection of Dolce and Gabbana sneakers on 1stDibs.1stDibs ExpertApril 5, 2022The fit of Dolce & Gabbana sneakers is dependent on the style and other attributes. It is commonly said that the Italian luxury house’s sneakers run true to size, but you can find measurements and descriptions on the brand’s website for each pair of sneakers, and the products’ accompanying information features a sizing guide. Shop a range of Dolce & Gabbana sneakers from some of the world’s top sellers on 1stDibs.
- 1stDibs ExpertApril 5, 2022While retailer Dolce & Gabbana largely makes their luxury wear in Italy, some items from the D&G ready-to-wear label are made in Turkey. Shop a collection of vintage and new Dolce & Gabbana from some of the world’s top boutiques on 1stDibs.
- Does Dolce & Gabbana go on sale?2 Answers1stDibs ExpertMarch 22, 2022No, Dolce and Gabbana does not usually go on sale. The brand's official online store and brick-and-mortar boutiques typically do not discount apparel and accessories. However, some authorized retailers and various online platforms may mark down Dolce and Gabbana or offer sales. You'll find a selection of Dolce and Gabbana on 1stDibs.1stDibs ExpertApril 5, 2022Yes, Dolce & Gabbana items are occasionally marked down, usually at the end of the season. Look for reputable sellers to ensure you purchase authentic, high-quality Dolce & Gabbana products. Find a range of genuine Dolce & Gabbana garments from some of the world’s top sellers on 1stDibs.
- 1stDibs ExpertMarch 22, 2022Whether Dolce and Gabbana sunglasses are polarized depends on the style. Often, eyewear designs come in a variety of frame and lens combinations. Some styles feature polarized lenses, while others do not. You'll find a range of Dolce and Gabbana sunglasses on 1stDibs.
- Are Dolce & Gabbana sunglasses good?2 Answers1stDibs ExpertMarch 22, 2022Whether Dolce and Gabbana sunglasses are good is largely a matter of personal perception. The luxury manufacturer Luxottica produces eyewear for the brand and many other well-known labels, including Oakley, Burberry, Prada, Tiffany & Co. and Valentino. On 1stDibs, find a range of Dolce and Gabbana sunglasses.1stDibs ExpertApril 5, 2022Yes, Dolce & Gabbana sunglasses are often regarded as good sunglasses. Dolce & Gabbana range between understated, classic and timeless styles to daring and bold statement pieces. Always purchase Dolce & Gabbana pieces from a reputable seller to ensure authenticity. Shop a collection of authentic Dolce & Gabbana sunglasses from some of the world’s top boutiques on 1stDibs.
- 1stDibs ExpertApril 5, 2022Yes, Dolce & Gabbana sunglasses block 100% of harmful UV rays. The sunglasses are also scratch-resistant and undergo an anti-reflective treatment at no extra cost. You can shop a collection of expertly vetted Dolce & Gabbana sunglasses from some of the worlds top reputable boutiques on 1stDibs.
- 1stDibs ExpertApril 5, 2022No, Dolce & Gabbana bags do not have serial numbers. D&G bags do come with an authenticity card that includes a small hologram on the bottom corner. Find a selection of vetted Dolce & Gabbana bags from some of the world’s top sellers on 1stDibs.
- Who dolce and gabbana?1 Answer1stDibs ExpertApril 5, 2022Dolce & Gabbana are Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana, the creative force behind the luxury brand. After they met while designing for Giorgio Correggiari, the two opened their own consulting studio and went on to present their first women’s collection in 1985. Find an assortment of Dolce & Gabbana apparel from some of the world’s top sellers on 1stDibs.
- Who is Dolce & Gabbana owned by?2 Answers1stDibs ExpertMarch 22, 2022Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana own Dolce and Gabbana. The pair of Italian fashion designers met in 1980 and formed their own design studio in 1982. In 1985, they founded the luxury fashion house that bears their names. Shop a range of Dolce and Gabbana on 1stDibs.1stDibs ExpertApril 5, 2022Dolce & Gabbana was founded by Italian designers Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana in 1985. Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana were a couple from 1982 to 2005. However, they still maintain a professional relationship as the founders and owners of their brand. Shop a range of Dolce & Gabbana garments from some of the world’s top sellers on 1stDibs.
- 1stDibs ExpertApril 5, 2022Dolce & Gabbana bags use a variety of materials for the lining of their bags - from crocodile skin to calf leather. If you have a bag in mind, you can check out the Dolce & Gabbana website for a breakdown of its material contents. On 1stDibs, shop a selection of Dolce & Gabbana designs from some of the world’s top-rated sellers.
- 1stDibs ExpertApril 5, 2022‘Alta Moda’ is Dolce & Gabbana’s women’s line of clothing. The designs are presented twice a year in tandem with ‘Alta Sartoria’, the men’s line. You’ll find a variety of Dolce & Gabbana designs from some of the world’s top sellers on 1stDibs.
- 1stDibs ExpertApril 5, 2022While it is recommended to either size down or stay true to size in swimsuits due to their stretch-rich nature, Dolce & Gabbana’s website also has a size chart you can reference for fit. Shop a collection of vintage and new Dolce & Gabbana beach looks from some of the world’s top boutiques on 1stDibs.
- 1stDibs ExpertApril 5, 2022While the high-fashion brand itself does not offer a Black Friday sale, you may have more luck visiting official retailers of the brand to see if they offer discounts on Black Friday. On 1stDibs, find vintage and contemporary Dolce & Gabbana pieces from some of the top sellers around the world.