Rare George III Sofa with Embroidered Upholstery, English, ca. 1765-1775. It is rare to find a period sofa covered with 18th century needlework especially depicting animals. The form of the sofa with scrolled arms and carved blind-fret Chippendale legs are also strong attributes.
- Date of manufacturelate 18th century
- Materials and techniques
- ConditionFine condition, minor repairs to the back legs re-supported with glue blocks. Portions of the needlework have been restored. .
H 42 in. x W 93 in. x D 28 in.
H 106.68 cm x W 236.22 cm x D 71.12 cm
- Seller locationLitchfield, CT
- Seller reference numberF-C/E-SF-COUCH 005
- Reference numberU110621875972
About the Seller
1stdibs seller since 2009
Typical response time: 15 hrs
Located in Litchfield, CT
Art Dealers Association of America
You may also contact the seller by phone
Why Shop on 1stdibs?
Only Vetted, Professional Sellers
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Fully Insured Global Deliveries
More From This Seller
You May Also Like