Off-White Stool Waves White Blue
View Similar Items
Off-White Stool Waves White Blue
- Creator:Virgil Abloh (Designer)
- Dimensions:Height: 17.72 in (45 cm)Diameter: 17.72 in (45 cm)
- Materials and Techniques:
- Place of Origin:
- Date of Manufacture:2020
- Production Type:New & Custom(Current Production)
- Estimated Production Time:Available Now
- Seller Location:Milan, IT
- Reference Number:Seller: OHZL023G20MAT00301451stDibs: LU5453220781102
About the Designer
By the time he celebrated his 40th birthday, Virgil Abloh had, seemingly, triumphed in every corner of the fashion and home design worlds.
In 2013, having already worked for Fendi and partnered with Kanye West, he founded the Milan-based streetwear house Off-White. Four years later, he released the first Off-White furniture line, Grey Area. In 2018, he became the artistic director of Louis Vuitton's menswear division, making him one of the first Black designers to head a French luxury fashion house.
Yet even with the Off-White and LV jobs, Abloh had time for a seemingly endless list of collaborations: designing shoes for Nike and Jimmy Choo, making furniture for Vitra and Ikea (“a super-dream project”), creating art with Takashi Murakami and Jenny Holzer, dressing Serena Williams and Beyoncé, co-branding with Levi’s and Evian, deejaying at Coachella and Lollapalooza.
Abloh's process was incredibly innovative — he explained that if he was inspired by an object, he didn’t want to alter it any more than necessary. “I’m only interested in editing an idea or a concept by three percent,” he said. Not surprisingly, he flirted with the limits of permissible appropriation. His first clothing line consisted of flannel Ralph Lauren shirts on which he printed the word “Pyrex.”
And his collaboration with Vitra included a version of Jean Prouvé’s Antony chair that has Plexiglass where Prouvé used plywood. In 2017, the Belgian designer Raf Simons told GQ that Abloh’s work was unoriginal. A month later, Abloh presented an Off-White collection cheekily titled Nothing New.
- Wave StoolBy Guerra VanniLocated in Milan, ITThis fabulous stool with the Wave design makes a wonderful addition to any cosmopolitan style decor in the home. Combining tradition and modernity with a splendid look, this Oscar Co...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Italian Modern StoolsMaterials
Textile$1,610 / item
- Postmodern Off White Low Parsons Stools - a PairLocated in Delray Beach, FLExceptional pair of vintage postmodern parsons low stools. Each feature an off white floral fabric with black accenting.Category
Vintage 1980s American Post-Modern StoolsMaterials
- Rare 1970s Off-White Plastic Children Desk with Stool, circa 1970By Joe ColomboLocated in Amsterdam IJMuiden, NLThis item is part of the private collection of Casey Godrie and is situated in his private house. Ask him for competitive shipping quotes. His incredible Dune Villa, Amsterdam Beach...Category
Vintage 1960s Italian Mid-Century Modern StoolsMaterials
- Vintage Blue and White Garden StoolLocated in west palm beach, FLGorgeous vintage blue and white garden stool. A beautiful Ming design in a chic glazed ceramic. Perfect indoors our outside. Sure to add some cha...Category
Late 20th Century North American Ming Patio and Garden FurnitureMaterials
- Pair of industrial red wooden stool with new wool off-white upholsteryLocated in Oostende, BEPair of industrial wooden stool with new wool off-white upholstery. The stools were in a workshop and were left in their original state, apart from the new upholstery. The red pain...Category
20th Century Belgian Industrial StoolsMaterials
- Geometric Cubi Counter Stool Walnut Wood Base and Off-White Fabric SeatBy Uultis DesignLocated in Miami, FLThe geometric counter stool as the name says has geometric shapes and pure lines with its walnut wooden legs with the seat all wrapped in a beautiful and soft off-white fabric. All o...Category
2010s Brazilian StoolsMaterials