MTAA’s Infinite Smile is a video portrait in which the artists’ faces hold a smile in an infinitely repeating loop. Their expressions, appear to change from glee to agony and back, highlighting the artifice of the smile and its function as a seller of goods and ideology, an indicator of happiness, and how we project our own assumptions on to the ubiquitous happy face.
MTAA (M.River & T.Whid Art Associates) is a Brooklyn-based conceptual and digital art duo. MTAA was founded in 1996. Their often humorous studies of networked culture, the economics of art, and digital materials take the form of web sites, videos, installations, sculptures and digital images. MTAA's work has been presented at The New Museum, MoMA PS1, The Whitney Museum of American Art, SFMoMA, Postmasters Gallery in NYC, and The Getty Center in LA.
- June 16, 2022 at 2:13 PMReserve price set for Ξ 7.5000 ($15,212.10) by M.River & T.Whid Art Associates
- June 16, 2022 at 2:13 PMTransfer from M.River & T.Whid Art Associates to 1stDibs Marketplace
- June 16, 2022 at 1:28 PMTransfer from 1stDibs Marketplace to M.River & T.Whid Art Associates
- June 16, 2022 at 1:28 PMAuction canceled by M.River & T.Whid Art Associates
- March 4, 2022 at 9:26 AMReserve price set for Ξ 4.0000 ($8,113.12) by M.River & T.Whid Art Associates
- March 4, 2022 at 9:26 AMTransfer from M.River & T.Whid Art Associates to 1stDibs Marketplace