Vintage 1960s Swedish Mid-Century Modern Wall Mirrors
Vintage 1950s Armchairs
Vintage 1950s Cabinets
Vintage 1960s German Mid-Century Modern Lounge Chairs
Vintage 1920s French Art Deco Chairs
Vintage 1960s American Mid-Century Modern Candelabras
2010s Italian Post-Modern Shelves
Vintage 1950s Sofas
Vintage 1970s Italian Modern Vases
Late 20th Century European Table Lamps
Mid-20th Century Italian Mid-Century Modern Chandeliers and Pendants
Vintage 1970s Modern Vases
Vintage 1970s Italian Modern Vases
21st Century and Contemporary French Table Lamps
Vintage 1960s Swedish Mid-Century Modern Chairs
20th Century Swedish Scandinavian Modern Benches
20th Century Finnish Mid-Century Modern Candlesticks
Early 20th Century Danish Mid-Century Modern Lounge Chairs
Vintage 1970s Danish Modern Chandeliers and Pendants
Early 2000s British Modern Side Tables
Vintage 1940s Swedish Scandinavian Modern Ceramics
2010s Italian Tables
21st Century and Contemporary American Sofas
Vintage 1950s Italian Mid-Century Modern Dry Bars
Glass, Wood, Parchment Paper
2010s Italian Chandeliers and Pendants
21st Century and Contemporary American End Tables
Vintage 1980s Italian Modern Cabinets
Vintage 1950s Austrian Mid-Century Modern Barware
Vintage 1950s Lounge Chairs
Vintage 1950s End Tables
Vintage 1930s Polish Bauhaus Stools
2010s Italian Beaux Arts Buffets
2010s Danish Mid-Century Modern Floor Lamps
Vintage 1950s Danish Scandinavian Modern Stools
Vintage 1950s Danish Scandinavian Modern Chandeliers and Pendants
2010s Italian Art Deco Tables
Vintage 1960s European Chairs
Vintage 1970s Danish Scandinavian Modern Western European Rugs
Vintage 1950s Italian Mid-Century Modern Club Chairs
Vintage 1930s Swedish Scandinavian Modern Wall Lights and Sconces
Vintage 1970s Mid-Century Modern Coffee and Cocktail Tables
21st Century and Contemporary Side Tables
Vintage 1940s Swedish Scandinavian Modern Armchairs
Vintage 1960s Czech Mid-Century Modern Vases
Vintage 1930s Italian Art Deco Chandeliers and Pendants
Mid-20th Century Swedish Mid-Century Modern Candlesticks
Vintage 1960s Czech Mid-Century Modern Vases
Vintage 1930s German Bauhaus Table Lamps
Antique 1660s Italian Modern Chandeliers and Pendants
Mid-20th Century Swedish Mid-Century Modern Vases
Vintage 1960s Danish Scandinavian Modern Porcelain
Vintage 1960s Swedish Scandinavian Modern Russian and Scandinavian Rugs
Vintage 1960s Danish Mid-Century Modern Dry Bars
20th Century Chairs
Vintage 1950s Mid-Century Modern Russian and Scandinavian Rugs
Vintage 1960s Wall Mirrors
Vintage 1930s Swedish Scandinavian Modern Russian and Scandinavian Rugs
2010s Swedish Modern Decorative Bowls
Vintage 1950s Italian Art Deco Cabinets
Mid-20th Century Mid-Century Modern Game Tables
Designed By For Sale on 1stDibs
How Much is a Designed By?
- What is an İznik design?1 Answer1stDibs ExpertApril 5, 2022Of Turkish origin, İznik refers to a type of pottery that was decorated with intricate designs depicting colors inspired by semi-precious stones such as lapis lazuli and malachite. Designs were largely made using quartz or quartzite. You can shop a selection of İznik designs from some of the world’s sellers on 1stDibs.
- What is sustainable design?1 Answer1stDibs ExpertAugust 23, 2019
Sustainable design is the concept and philosophy behind the inception of abolishing negative environmental impact entirely via skilfully sensitive design initiatives. It is also referred to as environmentally sustainable design or environmentally conscious design.
- Who is the designer of Chanel?1 Answer1stDibs ExpertJanuary 4, 2022The current designer of Chanel is Virginie Viard, who started as an intern at Chanel in 1987 and became creative director Karl Lagerfeld’s self-proclaimed “right arm and my left arm.” Aside from a five-year stint at Chloé, Viard worked as Lagerfeld’s Chanel studio director until his death in 2019, after which she was named his successor as creative director. Viard’s French bohemian style revisits the past, but always with a fresh eye. On 1stDibs, find vintage and contemporary Chanel haute couture from top sellers around the world.
- Who has designed for Balenciaga?1 Answer1stDibs ExpertApril 5, 2022The Balenciaga brand was started by Cristóbal Balenciaga who was the first designer. In 1968 he retired and closed the house but in 1986 it was purchased and reopened. The new Balenciaga was designed by Michel Goma, following him was Josephus Thimister. Nicholas Ghesquière joined as a licensed designer under Thimister and was promoted to head designer in 1997. In 2012 Alexander Wang took over as creative director but only stayed in the position for three years. Today Demna Gvasalia is the creative director. Shop a collection of Balenciaga from some of the world’s top sellers on 1stDibs.
- Is Celine a designer?1 Answer1stDibs ExpertMarch 22, 2022Yes, Celine is a designer of women's apparel and accessories. Céline and Richard Vipiana founded the luxury fashion house in 1945 in Paris, France. LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton now owns the brand, and its headquarters remain in the city. Hedi Slimane serves as its creative director. On 1stDibs, shop a range of Celine apparel.
- What is a filigree design?1 Answer1stDibs ExpertOctober 5, 2021A filigree design is an intricate design made of thin pliable threads of precious metal like gold, silver, platinum and sometimes even metals like copper, by twisting and turning the metal into curls, twists or turns. Filigree designs can be inset with precious stones like diamonds, rubies, coral and others. A wide range of necklaces, rings, bracelets, in antique, vintage, and contemporary filigree designs set with precious stones can be sourced on 1stDibs.
- What is Scandinavian design?1 Answer
- When was the LC4 designed?1 Answer1stDibs ExpertMarch 22, 2022The LC4 chaise lounge was designed in 1928. Charlotte Perriand created the chair while working in the studio of Le Corbusier. Sometimes called "the relaxing machine," the lounge chair features a curved frame designed to fit the contours of the human body. On 1stDibs, shop a variety of LC4 chairs.
- 1stDibs ExpertFebruary 22, 2021An interior designer's job is to make interior spaces functional and well as beautiful. Interior designers accomplish these goals by selecting both essential and decorative items to fill and complement the space. By drawing, reading, and editing blueprints as well as selecting the proper colors, furnishings and materials, they bring life to a space.
- What is Eastlake design?1 Answer1stDibs ExpertApril 5, 2022Eastlake is a design movement started by architect Charles Eastlake. It is considered part of the late Victorian-era and features geometric shapes and curves in furniture, a nod towards modernism. You can shop a collection of Eastlake furniture from some of the world’s top sellers on 1stDibs.
- Who is the Missoni designer?1 Answer1stDibs ExpertApril 5, 2022Angela Missoni is currently the president as well as the creative director of Missoni. She is the daughter of the founders, Ottavio and Rosita Missoni. She has headed up the company since 1998. Browse a collection of beautiful Missoni pieces from top boutiques worldwide on 1stDibs.
- Who is Balmain designer?1 Answer1stDibs ExpertApril 5, 2022The current creative director of the Balmain fashion house is Olivier Rousteing, a French designer who has headed up the company since 2011. Shop a wide range of professionally vetted Balmain products from top sellers around the world on 1stDibs.
- Who is Balenciaga the designer?1 Answer1stDibs ExpertApril 5, 2022Balenciaga’s creative director as of 2015 has been Demna Gvasalia. The designer was born in Georgia, Soviet Union in 1981. He fled that country during a violent civil war and moved to Düsseldorf. He attended the Royal Academy of Fine Arts in Antwerp, graduating with a Master’s Degree in Fashion Design in 2006. Gvasalia was co-founder of the brand Vetements which received high praise from critics at Paris Fashion Week in 2014. It was the following year that he succeeded Alexander Wang at Balenciaga. Shop a collection of Balenciaga from some of the world’s top sellers on 1stDibs.
- Who designs Gucci?1 Answer1stDibs ExpertMarch 22, 2022At Gucci, the creative director primarily designs the fashions and accessories. Alessandro Michele took on the role of creative director for Gucci in 2015. Previous Gucci creative directors include founder Guccio Gucci, Tom Ford and Frida Giannini. Shop a curated collection of Gucci apparel on 1stDibs.
- 1stDibs ExpertApril 5, 2022Johnson Hartig is the designer for the luxury fashion brand. The American designer co-founded the label in 2001 and serves as the company's CEO as of January 2020. You'll find a range of Libertine apparel from top sellers around the world on 1stDibs
- Who designed for Dior in 2022?1 Answer1stDibs ExpertMay 5, 2023In 2022, Maria Grazia Chiuri designed for Dior. She was the first woman to ever serve as Creative Director for the luxury fashion house. Her work in the Dior Fall/Winter 2022 Haute Couture collection celebrated women and drew inspiration from the art of Olesia Trofymenko. On 1stDibs, shop a collection of Dior pieces.
- Is Julien Macdonald a designer?1 Answer1stDibs ExpertMarch 22, 2022Yes, Julien Macdonald is a designer of fashions. He is from Cyfarthfa, Wales, UK, and known for his appearances on the TV show “Britain & Ireland's Next Top Model” and previously serving as the artistic director for Givenchy. Shop a collection of Julien Macdonald apparel on 1stDibs.
- What did Anni Albers design?1 Answer1stDibs ExpertMarch 22, 2022Anni Albers designed textiles. She also produced decorative objects out of textiles she created. Today, the German-American artist is well known for her rugs and wall hangings. On 1stDibs, you can shop a variety of Anni Albers art and furniture.
- What did Russel Wright design?1 Answer1stDibs ExpertMarch 22, 2022Russel Wright designed many things over the course of his life. He is well known for his vibrantly colored American Modern dinnerware produced from 1939 to 1959. Wright also created furniture, lighting and other home accents. Find a range of Russel Wright furniture and decorative accents on 1stDibs.
- What did Ettore Sottsass design?1 Answer1stDibs ExpertApril 5, 2022Ettore Sottsass was a famous 20th century architect and designer known for his work in furniture, lighting, jewelry and more, as well as from his work in designing buildings. He was Italian, though he was born in Austria, and lived from 1917 to 2007. Shop a range of Ettore Sottsass pieces on 1stDibs.