Van Cleef Arpels Ballerina
Mid-20th Century French Brooches
White Diamond, Platinum
2010s American Contemporary Engagement Rings
Vintage 1920s American Art Deco Boxes and Cases
18k Gold, Enamel
Vintage 1940s American Retro Vanity Items
Ruby, Turquoise, 14k Gold
People Also Browsed
2010s Choker Necklaces
Diamond, White Diamond, Platinum
20th Century Art Deco Vanity Items
Vintage 1920s French Art Deco Pendant Necklaces
Diamond, Onyx, Gold, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold
21st Century and Contemporary Modern Cocktail Rings
Diamond, Sapphire, Blue Sapphire, 18k Gold
21st Century and Contemporary American Modern Modern Bracelets
Diamond, 18k Gold, White Gold
Late 20th Century French Modern Engagement Rings
Ruby, 18k Gold, Gold, Yellow Gold
Vintage 1970s French Modern Brooches
Diamond, Ruby, Platinum
Vintage 1920s American Art Deco Pendant Necklaces
Coral, Diamond, Jade, Onyx, Platinum
Early 20th Century French Belle Époque More Jewelry
Vintage 1940s French Art Deco Brooches
Chalcedony, Diamond, 18k Gold, Platinum
Vintage 1960s American Link Necklaces
Diamond, Turquoise, Gold, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold
Vintage 1960s English Art Deco Vanity Items
21st Century and Contemporary Wrist Watches
Diamond, 18k Gold
2010s Contemporary Dangle Earrings
Diamond, White Diamond, South Sea Pearl, White Gold, 18k Gold
Vintage 1920s French Art Deco Brooches
Diamond, Emerald, 18k Gold, Platinum
Vintage 1980s French Modern Brooches
1990s Belgian Pendant Necklaces
Sapphire, Diamond, White Diamond, Emerald, Ruby, Yellow Sapphire, 18k Gold
Vintage 1940s American Brooches
Turquoise, Diamond, Ruby, 18k Gold
Vintage 1940s Unknown Retro Cocktail Rings
Diamond, White Diamond, Ruby, Gold, 14k Gold
21st Century and Contemporary Brooches
Diamond, Yellow Gold
Vintage 1940s American Link Bracelets
Vintage 1980s Contemporary Clip-on Earrings
Diamond, White Diamond, Gold, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold
Diamond, Ruby, Sapphire
Vintage 1940s American Retro Clip-on Earrings
Diamond, Tourmaline, 18k Gold
Vintage 1950s French Brooches
Diamond, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold
2010s American Modern Cocktail Rings
Ruby, Gold, 18k Gold
American Vanity Items
Early 20th Century American Art Deco Boxes and Cases
Diamond, Sapphire, 18k Gold
- 1stDibs ExpertJune 15, 2023What the flower is on Van Cleef & Arpels jewelry varies. Artisans at the luxury jewelry house have drawn inspiration from several types of flowers over time, including roses, chrysanthemums, peonies and daisies. Floral designs are frequently set with gemstones at their center and feature glittering pavé petals. After the discovery of Tutankhamun’s tomb in 1922, the company produced several lavish pieces featuring hieroglyphics and other Egyptian motifs to go along with the geometric Art Deco jewelry of that decade and the next. Following World War II, as symbols of freedom and rebirth, the firm focused on naturalistic forms such as birds, flowers, fruit and flying insects. On 1stDibs, shop an assortment of Van Cleef & Arpels jewelry.
- 1stDibs ExpertFebruary 22, 2021Van Cleef & Arpels is so expensive because it is a well-known company that has a fantastic reputation. Van Cleef & Arpels are universally renowned for high quality jewelry with a focus on detail. High-profile fans of the French jewelry house over the years have included the Duchess of Windsor, Marlene Dietrich, Elizabeth Taylor and many more. Find an extraordinary range of Van Cleef & Arpels jewelry on 1stDibs.
- 1stDibs ExpertNovember 1, 2023Van Cleef & Arpels is popular because it has been focused on technical virtuosity, craftsmanship and artistry since the brand's early days. Rather than create earrings, bracelets, necklaces and other adornments primarily for the aim of displaying of wealth and opulence, Van Cleef & Arpels sought to produce jewelry that projected the wearer's taste and style. One of the world's foremost jewelry houses, Van Cleef has also gained very prominent fans over the years, which definitely contributes to its popularity. The house's clients have included the Duchess of Windsor, Marlene Dietrich and Jacqueline Onassis. British royals, whom have long been influencers when it comes to jewelry and fashion, are among the world's countless devotees of Van Cleef's Alhambra collection. In the aughts, Reese Witherspoon was routinely photographed in her onyx Alhambra necklace. Sharon Stone and Mariah Carey were also seen sporting pieces from the collection. Find Van Cleef & Arpels jewelry on 1stDibs.
- 1stDibs ExpertNovember 8, 2023Van Cleef & Arpels uses a variety of stones in its pieces. Some of the luxury jewelry maker's most common materials include malachite, mother-of-pearl, carnelian, onyx, turquoise, lapis lazuli, chalcedony and tiger's eye. In addition, there are Van Cleef & Arpels necklaces, bracelets, earrings and rings with gemstones like diamonds, rubies and sapphires. There are even pieces featuring wood and S�vres porcelain. Shop a large selection of Van Cleef & Arpels jewelry on 1sDibs.
- 1stDibs ExpertFebruary 13, 2023The Van Cleef & Arpels clover represents luck, fortune, health and love, according to the brand. This motif is famously seen in the iconic Alhambra collection, but the luxury jewelry house has used four-leaf clover motifs in designs since the 1920s. Find a range of Van Cleef & Arpels jewelry on 1stDibs.
- 1stDibs ExpertFebruary 13, 2023Yes, Van Cleef and Arpels has rose gold pieces. Some of the luxury jewelry maker's designs in 18-karat rose gold include the Alhambra necklace, the Félicité wedding band and the Perlée Signature bangle bracelet. On 1stDibs, shop a variety of Van Cleef and Arpels jewelry.
- 1stDibs ExpertFebruary 13, 2023To authenticate Van Cleef & Arpels Alhambra jewelry, check for stamps. Authentic pieces will display either VCA or Van Cleef & Arpels plus a serial number, a metal hallmark and a trademark. Shop a collection of Van Cleef and Arpels jewelry on 1stDibs.
- 1stDibs ExpertApril 5, 2022In Van Cleef & Arpels jewelry, the red stone is usually Brazilian carnelian, a type of semiprecious gemstone that typically comes from Greece and Asia. The luxury jewelry brand uses the stone in it’s Bouton d’or and Alhambra collections. On 1stDibs, find a variety of Van Cleef & Arpels jewelry.
- 1stDibs ExpertNovember 8, 2023Yes, celebrities have been known to wear Van Cleef & Arpels jewelry. Over the years, many trendsetters have been photographed wearing the jewelry maker's pieces. They include Mariah Carey, Anne Hathaway, Cameron Diaz, Reese Witherspoon, Jennifer Garner and Kate Middleton. Pieces from the Alhambra collection are especially popular with celebrities. Find a variety of Van Cleef & Arpels jewelry on 1stDibs.
- 1stDibs ExpertNovember 27, 2023Although opinions may vary, the most famous Van Cleef & Arpels jewelry is arguably the Alhambra collection, which debuted in 1970. Jacques Arpels – the nephew of Estelle Arpels, who founded Van Cleef & Arpels with her husband, Alfred, in 1906 – liked to say, "To be lucky, you must believe in luck." This mantra is embodied in the four-leaf clover motif of the Alhambra collection, and it can be found in sketches in the house’s archives dating back to the 1910s. The quatrefoil shape also has architectural resonance, as it is found in Gothic and Renaissance structures and in such Moorish buildings as the Alhambra palace in Granada, Spain, which inspired the name of this famed Van Cleef & Arpels line. Explore a variety of Van Cleef & Arpels Alhambra jewelry on 1stDibs.
- 1stDibs ExpertFebruary 17, 2023Yes, Van Cleef and Arpels jewelry is usually made of gold. Specifically, the French luxury jewelry house typically makes necklaces, rings, bracelets, earrings and other pieces out of 18-karat yellow, white or rose gold. Find a selection of Van Cleef and Arpels jewelry on 1stDibs.
- 1stDibs ExpertFebruary 17, 2023The green stone on Van Cleef and Arpels jewelry varies by the piece. Often, the green gemstones are emeralds, but the luxury French jewelry house also creates pendants and other accessories that feature green malachite and tourmaline. On 1stDibs, shop a variety of Van Cleef and Arpels jewelry.
- 1stDibs ExpertMarch 3, 2023To tell if Van Cleef & Arpels Alhambra jewelry is fake, first look for markings. Authentic pieces will have the brand name or "VCA," a serial number, the hallmark of the metal and a trademark symbol. In addition, look at the clasps. Signs of soldering or poor quality hardware may indicate a replica. Find a collection of Van Cleef and Arpels Alhambra jewelry on 1stDibs.
- 1stDibs ExpertNovember 8, 2023No, you typically can't shower wearing a Van Cleef & Arpels necklace. You should remove all fine jewelry before you shower. Doing so will help to protect your pieces from damage from the water and the chemicals in shampoo, soap, body wash and other personal care products. On 1stDibs, explore a wide range of Van Cleef & Arpels necklaces.
- 1stDibs ExpertNovember 27, 2023No, you generally shouldn't get Van Cleef & Arpels mother-of-pearl jewelry wet. Remove rings and bracelets containing mother-of-pearl before you wash your hands, and take off all mother-of-pearl jewelry before showering, bathing or swimming. You may also want to skip wearing your Van Cleef & Arpels mother-of-pearl pieces if you anticipate being outdoors in heavy rain. Find a wide range of Van Cleef & Arpels jewelry on 1stDibs.
- 1stDibs ExpertFebruary 13, 2023Yes, you can wear Van Cleef & Arpels jewelry every day, provided you aren’t engaging in any activities that might damage your accessories. Take off your jewelry whenever you are exercising or performing work-related duties that could expose it to chemicals or otherwise result in physical damage. On 1stDibs, find a selection of Van Cleef & Arpels jewelry.
- 1stDibs ExpertNovember 8, 2023Yes, Van Cleef & Arpels jewelry is made out of real gold. The brand produces its earrings, necklaces, bracelets and other pieces out of 18-karat rose, yellow and white gold. Platinum is another popular material for Van Cleef & Arpels jewelry. On 1stDibs, explore a selection of Van Cleef & Arpels gold jewelry.
- 1stDibs ExpertNovember 8, 2023The gold in Van Cleef & Arpels jewelry is 18 karats. In the luxury jewelry maker's collection, you'll find pieces made of 18-karat white, yellow and rose gold. They typically feature a 750 or Au750 hallmark as a testament to the use of 18-karat gold. Shop a large selection of Van Cleef & Arpels jewelry on 1stDibs.
- 1stDibs ExpertFebruary 13, 2023Van Cleef and Arpels jewelry is 18-karat gold, not 14-karat. The luxury jewelry designer makes necklaces, bracelets, rings, earrings and cufflinks in 18-karat white, gold and rose gold. On 1stDibs, shop a variety of Van Cleef and Arpels jewelry.