I have painted this piece being moved by Robert Frost's poem, Snow. I used a rich mixture of lamp black and Prussian blue watercolor paints, with a splash of crimson/cadmium red. I chose thick, exceptional quality 300 g/m Strathmore watercolor paper.
About the Artist
Suzanna Orlova exclusively uses shades of red and black in her watercolors. This is largely because she was born color blind. Her vision deficiency did not stop her from being interested in painting at a young age, and honing her skills as a self-taught artist. Suzanna’s work is haunting, eerie, and emotional. The painterly realism she employs in capturing her subjects is technically remarkable for the water-based media she uses. Bordering on surrealism, each painting leaves the viewer feeling deeply moved. Suzanna lives and works on Vancouver Island, Canada.
Watercolor painting on paper
Varnished and Ready to frame
Signed on front
24 in. h x 18 in. w
0 lbs. 2 oz.
- ArtistSuzanna Orlova
- Creation Year2018
- Movement & Style
- Condition DetailsNovember. Suzanna Orlova. Watercolor painting on paper. Varnished and Ready to frame. One-of-a-kind. Signed on front.
- DimensionsH 24 in. x W 18 in. x D 0.1 in.H 60.96 cm x W 45.72 cm x D 2.54 mm
- Gallery LocationNew York, NY
- Reference NumberLU92213698972
- Seller Reference Number60377
Shipping, Returns & Payment
- ShippingRates vary by destination and complexityShipping methods are determined by item size, type, fragility and specific characteristics.Shipping costs are calculated based on carrier rates, delivery distance and packing complexity.
- Return Policy
This item can be returned within 7 days of delivery.View details
- Online Payment Methods1stdibs accepts the following payment methods
- Item InvoiceGenerate an invoice that you can customize and print.