Wynston EdunMonarch in the Garden
A child in the garden staring in awe at a monarch butterfly. She too is worthy of monarchy. I predominantly paint using natural sea sponges.
About the Artist
Wynston Edun was born in Nigeria and emigrated to the United States in 1987 after receiving his degree in Fine Arts from the University of Benin. He constructs semi-abstract figures with spontaneous bursts of color and impulsive mark making, using both traditional and non-traditional techniques. Wynston’s inspiration derives from human behaviors and characteristics which he depicts by layering color and texture with palette knives, brushes, and natural sponges. Inspired by the narrative figurative style of traditional African art, Wynston’s influences include artists of the African modernist genre who combine traditional and contemporary aesthetics to convey emotion.
Monarch in the Garden
Acrylic painting on stretched canvas
Finished black edges
Varnished and Ready to hang
Signed on front and back
30 in. h x 24 in. w x 1.5 in. d
3 lbs. 0 oz.
- ArtistWynston Edun
- Creation Year2018
- Movement & Style
- Condition DetailsMonarch in the Garden. Wynston Edun. Acrylic painting on stretched canvas. Finished black edges. Varnished and Ready to hang. One-of-a-kind. Signed on front and back.
- DimensionsH 30 in. x W 24 in. x D 1.5 in.H 76.2 cm x W 60.96 cm x D 3.81 cm
- Gallery LocationNew York, NY
- Reference NumberLU92214071521
- Seller Reference Number63362
Shipping, Returns & Payment
- ShippingRates vary by destination and complexityShipping methods are determined by item size, type, fragility and specific characteristics.Shipping costs are calculated based on carrier rates, delivery distance and packing complexity.
- Return Policy
This item can be returned within 7 days of delivery.View details
- Online Payment Methods1stdibs accepts the following payment methods
- Item InvoiceGenerate an invoice that you can customize and print.