Items Similar to Pierced Celluloid Tortoiseshell Pieneta Hair Comb, 1924 View More
Pierced Celluloid Tortoiseshell Pieneta Hair Comb, 1924
Just one of the treasures brought back from a mother-daughter world tour, this comb was purchased in Spain in 1924. Its impressive width and high profile are perfectly suited for wearing with a traditional mantilla draped over the head (and we happen to be selling a spectacular haute couture embroidered one under separate listing!). Celluloid hair comb with 4 tines and anatomically curved profile; arabesque pierced relief upper half. material: celluloid noteworthy: gently clean with damp cloth repairs: none condition: very good - excellent with very gentle surface wear and two superficial marks on pierced relief (see photos) measurements: height: 6 ½” width: 4 ½” at widest, 1 3/8” at narrowest tines: 3” long x 3/8” wide signature: no signature present ***please note lace prayer cap is not included with purchase.
- In the Style OfVictorian
- Place of OriginSpain
- Condition DetailsVery gentle surface wear and two superficial marks on pierced relief (see photos)
- WearWear consistent with age and use.
- DimensionsH 6.5 in. x W 4.5 in.H 16.51 cm x W 11.43 cm
- Seller LocationPhoenix, AZ
- Seller Reference Number0721.13.015
- Reference NumberLU86435485752
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Our Promise To You: If you're not happy with the way an item arrived, we'll work with you and the seller to reach an optimal resolution. Read more
Shipping, Returns & Payment
- ShippingRates vary by destination and complexityShipping methods are determined by item size, type, fragility and specific characteristics.Shipping costs are calculated based on carrier rates, delivery distance and packing complexity.
- Return Policy
This item can be returned within 1 day of delivery.View details
- Online Payment Methods1stdibs accepts the following payment methods
- Item InvoiceGenerate an invoice that you can customize and print.
About the Seller
5 / 5
1stdibs seller since 2017
Located in Phoenix, AZ
You may also contact the seller by phoneCall seller through 1stdibs
More From This Seller
Stratton Necessaire Gold Compact with Lipstick ...
1950s Wallets and Small Accessories
The ultimate in superluxe bygone glamour: a never-used, perfectly-preserved Stratton compact with a loose powder (or cash) well, lipstick case and perfume dauber in a package no larg...
Black Sequin Cocktail Hat with Cage Veil, 1950s
A knockout accessory for New Years Eve or a black tie event, this cocktail hat is as petite as a fascinator but packs the punch of a wide brim. Both glitzy and understated, it balanc...
Houndstooth, Herringbone and Tweed Wool Gatsby ...
An easy upgrade for your weekend wardrobe, this is the accessory that makes all outfits suddenly cuter. Wearable anywhere, these hats had been men’s wardrobe staples since the 20s u...
James Galanos Toscana Shearling Fur Bowler Hat,...
James Galanos, James Galanos
1980s Cloche Hats
Powdery loft and long, supersoft pelt are the qualities that elevate Toscana shearling above other sheepskins. Made exclusively of Toscana shearling, this luxurious bowler is light a...