Incredible vintage one-of-a-kind Haute Couture 1920s genuine monkey fur and black velvet flapper coat. Large fur collar stands up with boned stays. "Skirt" of coat has four overlapping tiers of monkey fur. Velvet on back of coat has rows of pintucked detail. Long, tight-fitting sleeves have slit cuffs. Coat has two exterior pockets. Fully lined in bright red satin. Please note that this vintage fur is from the Colobus guereza monkey, which is not endangered and is listed on the IUCN as a species of "Least Concern". There is no fabric content label; however, this coat is determined to be crafted of (exterior) genuine monkey fur and velvet and the lining (interior) of satin. There is no size label; however, this item appears to fit similar to a modern women's extra small. Please refer to measurements to insure a proper fit. Measurements: Shoulder: 15" (seam to seam) Sleeve: 23" (shoulder seam to cuff) Bust: 32" (armpit to armpit) Waist: 27" (narrowest point) Hip: 35" (6" below waist) Total Length: 42" (measured on back center, excluding collar)
- ConditionExcellent. Exceptional vintage condition. A few small seam separations; areas of loose stitching. One small panel of leather backing has cracked. The lining appears to be a slightly later (1940s/1950s) addition. Please refer to photos..
- WearWear consistent with age and use.
- Seller locationThiensville, WI
- Seller reference numberEI:005433
- Reference numberLU54131931073
About the Seller
1stdibs seller since 2016
Typical response time: <1 hr
Located in Thiensville, WI
You may also contact the seller by phone
Why Shop on 1stdibs?
Only Vetted, Professional Sellers
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Fully Insured Global Deliveries
More From This Seller
You May Also Like