1970s Unlabelled Well Made Tie Dye Printed Silk Caftan
This amazing caftan has no tags in it but is very well made and has the feel of a labelled piece. There are actually three parts to it - a blue silk inner slip, the caftan itself and a matching scarf that is edged in large paillettes. I have shown the scarf separately but it could be worn around the neck or as a head piece. It is both a beautiful piece of wearable art and a spectacular statement piece. The range of colors and that organic, flowing design that covers the silk crepe chiffon is divine. The cut has that draped, goddess, flowing feel to it of a true caftan. All of the inner edges are a combination of machine and hand finishes, again giving us a clue that this was a high end piece. It just slips over the head with a keyhole that you can wear tot he front or the back. The sides are closed with an opening left on each side for your hands to slip through. This allows that spectacular pattern on the silk to command center stage. I love the colors used - they give it an earthy desert feel that is just spectacular. Excellent collection It slips on to wear with a hook & eye at the neck. The inner slip also slips on. Both pieces are finished by hand. Note that there are some small marks on the front under the neckline - I am 99% sure they are part of the organic nature of the tie dye process but have photoed them for accuracy Caftan Length: 53" top to bottom Width: approx 55" at widest point side to side Inner Silk Slip Bust: to 20" flat across from side seam to side seam Waist to hips: to 22" flat across from side seam to side seam Length: 49" from top of shoulder to hem Scarf 55" x 15" with each paillettes being approx 1" long beyond that Modern Sizing Equivalent: XS-LRG Reference Photos: Cherie by Erin Leydon This garment has been professionally cleaned, pressed and is odor free. Thoroughly checked over before shipping, it will be ready to wear upon arrival.
- Condition DetailsNote that there are some small marks on the front under the neckline - I am 99% sure they are part of the organic nature of the tie dye process but have photoed them for accuracy. Expand description above for full measurements.
- WearWear consistent with age and use.
- DimensionsW 55 in. x D 53 in.W 139.7 cm x D 134.62 cm
- Length53 in. (134.62 cm)
- Seller LocationToronto, CA
- Seller Reference NumberD590
- Reference NumberLU1284611613
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Our Promise To You: If you're not happy with the way an item arrived, we'll work with the seller on your behalf to ensure you're satisfied with the resolution. Read more
Delivery, Returns & Payment
- DeliveryRates vary by destination and complexityShipping methods are determined by item size, type, fragility and specific characteristics.Shipping costs are calculated based on carrier rates, delivery distance and packing complexity.
- Return Policy
This item cannot be returned.View details
- Online Payment Methods1stdibs accepts the following payment methods
- Item InvoiceGenerate an invoice that you can customize and print.
About the Seller
5 / 5
1stdibs seller since 2010
Located in Toronto, CA
You may also contact the seller by phoneCall seller through 1stdibs
More From This Seller
1940s Unlabelled Hand Painted Floral Print Silk...
Convertible Plunge and Tie Red Jersey Maxi Dres...
1980-1981 Bill Tice Black Jersey & Gold Accente...
Bill Tice, Bill Tice
You May Also Like
Balenciaga Black Silk Long Halter Dress