Balenciaga Metallic Silver Patent Leather Ankle Boots Size 37
About the Item
- Dimensions:Marked Size: 7 (US)
- Style:Boots (In the Style Of)
- Place of Origin:
- Condition:Wear consistent with age and use. Gently Used EXTERIOR: visible scratch, and crease LINING: visible whitening, and dirt INSOLE: minor footmarks, and dirt SOLE: minor signs of wear, HEEL: visible scratches.
- Seller Location:Dubai, AE
- Reference Number:Seller: 3670151stDibs: LU1310111454812
Starting as a modest boutique, Balenciaga evolved to transform the landscape of women’s fashion with shapes and contours during the middle of the 20th century that were nothing less than groundbreaking. Today, the brand is as venturesome as ever and is well known for its shoes, handbags, streetwear and other clothing and accessories.
Though he was born in the quiet fishing village of Getaria in Spain’s Basque region, Cristóbal Balenciaga (1895–1972) was destined to reshape modern fashion. As a child, he worked alongside his seamstress mother. Showing immense talent, he earned commissions as a teenager from local patron Marquesa de Casa Torres, who paid for his tailoring education in Madrid. In 1917, he established his first haute couture house — named Eisa, for his mother — in the trendy resort town San Sebastián. He soon followed it with boutiques in Madrid and Barcelona, drawing such clientele as the Spanish royal family.
When the Spanish Civil War put a hold on his prospects in Spain, the designer moved to Paris, opening a house on Avenue Georges V in 1937. There, Balenciaga rubbed elbows with fashion greats like Coco Chanel and Elsa Schiaparelli and quickly won over clients like Gloria Guinness, Pauline de Rothschild and Wallis Simpson, Duchess of Windsor. As a couturier, Balenciaga drew from his Spanish heritage for ideas, riffing on everything from matador costumes and flamenco dresses to the paintings of Diego Velázquez, whose portraits of Spanish princesses famously inspired Balenciaga’s Infanta gown.
An expert tailor, he experimented with sculptural silhouettes that didn’t follow the body. Some of his notable designs include the 1953 balloon jacket, and from 1957, the cocoon coat, the baby-doll dress and the sack dress, which he popularized with his good friend designer Hubert de Givenchy. All of these could be considered not just the masterpieces of haute couture, but also objets d’art in their own right, leading to Balenciaga’s nickname, “The Master.”
Balenciaga continued designing until 1968, when he retired after three decades of influential work and his fashion house went dormant. The rights to Balenciaga were acquired by Jacques Bogart S.A. in 1986. Under designer Michel Goma, who focused on ready-to-wear, the brand experienced a resurgence, with his first collection introduced in 1987. The brand returned to high fashion with the arrival of designer Josephus Thimister in 1992. It has since been led by a series of creative directors who have paid homage to Balenciaga’s iconic designs, including Nicolas Ghesquière, Alexander Wang and, most recently, Demna Gvasalia. In 2011, a museum celebrating Balenciaga’s legacy opened in his hometown in Spain, commemorating where it all began.
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Return PolicyA return for this item may be initiated within 3 days of delivery.
- Jimmy Choo Metallic Silver Lace And Leather Nova Sandals Size 40By Jimmy ChooLocated in Dubai, Al Qouz 2These gorgeous sandals from Jimmy Choo can't wait for you to make them yours! The metallic silver sandals have been crafted from an artistic combination...Category
2010s Italian High Heels
- Phillip Plein Silver Leather Peep Toe Buckle Detail Platform Pumps Size 38By Philipp PleinLocated in Dubai, Al Qouz 2This pair of Phillip Plein pumps is a timeless classic. Step out in style while flaunting these leather shoes, ideal for all occasions. They feature peep...Category
2010s Italian Heels
- Gucci Silver Glitter Bambi Web Low-Top Sneakers Size 36.5By GucciLocated in Dubai, Al Qouz 2Stacked with signature details, this Gucci pair is rendered in silver glitter and is designed in a low-cut style with lace-up vamps, studs on the counters, and Web trim on the sides....Category
2010s Italian Shoes
- Christian Louboutin Silver Glitter Daffodile Pumps Size 36.5By Christian LouboutinLocated in Dubai, Al Qouz 2Take your love for Louboutins to new heights by adding this gorgeous pair to your collection. The pumps simply speak high fashion in every stitch and curve. The exteriors come made from glitter and the silver pumps...Category
2010s Italian Heels
- Fendi Silver Patent Leather Peep Toe Pumps Size 38.5By FendiLocated in Dubai, Al Qouz 2Featuring a chic design, these pumps from Fendi are easy to style. The silver patent leather body showcases high heels and peep toes to form a distinctive outline. Their simple desig...Category
2010s Italian Sandals
- Sophia Webster Silver Glitter Fabric Andie Bow Ankle Booties Size 38By Sophia WebsterLocated in Dubai, Al Qouz 2These ankle booties from Sophia Webster have been designed to present a fashion-forward appeal. The booties are covered in glitter fabric and stayed with leather trims, pointed toes,...Category
2010s Brazilian Ankle Boots
- Mui Mui Silver Metallic Open Toe FlatsBy Miu MiuLocated in Sheung Wan, HK- Mui Mui silver metallic open toe flats. Featuring A "cross" like rectangle rhinestones embedded in front surround with six round rhinestones. Its great for s...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Italian Shoes
- 1960s HERBERT LEVINE Silver Woven Leather Size 7.5 Mod Mid Heel Loafer Heels 60sBy Herbert LevineLocated in San Diego, CAChic vintage mod 1960s HERBERT LEVINE silver woven leather mid heel loafer heels! Woven leather, with incredible amounts of detail! Super comfortable pair...Category
1960s American Low Heels
- Prada Ankle Strap Open Toe Platform Sandals Silver LaméBy Prada, Miuccia PradaLocated in West Palm Beach, FLPrada ankle strap open toe platform sandals silver lamé heels & straps. Chocolate brown leather fronts the chunky heels and front ankle strap are silver lamé leather, silver metal bu...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Italian Strap Sandals
- Jimmy Choo Shimmery Silver Slingback Heels with Bedazzlement - 37By Jimmy ChooLocated in West Palm Beach, FLJimmy Choo Shimmery Silver Slingback Heels with Bedazzlement - 37. These heels have a shimmery silver color. On the slingback, there is a rhinestone ...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Italian Shoes
- Givenchy Size 37 Women's Logo Silver Urban Street Sneaker 114gi4By GivenchyLocated in Dix hills, NYGivenchy Size 37 Women's Logo Silver Urban Street Sneaker 114gi4 Date Code/Serial Number: DN 0271 Made In: Portugal Measurements: Length: 10.2" Width: 3.6" Height: 3.75" OVERALL ...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Boots