Balenciaga Shimmery Black Knit Fabric Speed Trainer Sneakers Size 38
About the Item
- Dimensions:Width: 3.94 in (10 cm)Length: 11.82 in (30 cm)Marked Size: 8 (US)
- Style:Shimmery (In the Style Of)
- Place of Origin:
- Condition:Wear consistent with age and use. Overall in good condition with minor cut/dark marks on exterior & insole, normal wear on sole/insole.
- Seller Location:Dubai, AE
- Reference Number:Seller: 8404941stDibs: LU1310120412832
Starting as a modest boutique, Balenciaga evolved to transform the landscape of women’s fashion with shapes and contours during the middle of the 20th century that were nothing less than groundbreaking. Today, the brand is as venturesome as ever and is well known for its shoes, handbags, streetwear and other clothing and accessories.
Though he was born in the quiet fishing village of Getaria in Spain’s Basque region, Cristóbal Balenciaga (1895–1972) was destined to reshape modern fashion. As a child, he worked alongside his seamstress mother. Showing immense talent, he earned commissions as a teenager from local patron Marquesa de Casa Torres, who paid for his tailoring education in Madrid. In 1917, he established his first haute couture house — named Eisa, for his mother — in the trendy resort town San Sebastián. He soon followed it with boutiques in Madrid and Barcelona, drawing such clientele as the Spanish royal family.
When the Spanish Civil War put a hold on his prospects in Spain, the designer moved to Paris, opening a house on Avenue Georges V in 1937. There, Balenciaga rubbed elbows with fashion greats like Coco Chanel and Elsa Schiaparelli and quickly won over clients like Gloria Guinness, Pauline de Rothschild and Wallis Simpson, Duchess of Windsor. As a couturier, Balenciaga drew from his Spanish heritage for ideas, riffing on everything from matador costumes and flamenco dresses to the paintings of Diego Velázquez, whose portraits of Spanish princesses famously inspired Balenciaga’s Infanta gown.
An expert tailor, he experimented with sculptural silhouettes that didn’t follow the body. Some of his notable designs include the 1953 balloon jacket, and from 1957, the cocoon coat, the baby-doll dress and the sack dress, which he popularized with his good friend designer Hubert de Givenchy. All of these could be considered not just the masterpieces of haute couture, but also objets d’art in their own right, leading to Balenciaga’s nickname, “The Master.”
Balenciaga continued designing until 1968, when he retired after three decades of influential work and his fashion house went dormant. The rights to Balenciaga were acquired by Jacques Bogart S.A. in 1986. Under designer Michel Goma, who focused on ready-to-wear, the brand experienced a resurgence, with his first collection introduced in 1987. The brand returned to high fashion with the arrival of designer Josephus Thimister in 1992. It has since been led by a series of creative directors who have paid homage to Balenciaga’s iconic designs, including Nicolas Ghesquière, Alexander Wang and, most recently, Demna Gvasalia. In 2011, a museum celebrating Balenciaga’s legacy opened in his hometown in Spain, commemorating where it all began.
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Return PolicyA return for this item may be initiated within 3 days of delivery.
- Prada Burgundy Velvet Flat Mules Size 38By PradaLocated in Dubai, Al Qouz 2Prada brings you these minimal mules to complement your casual wear. The burgundy velvet construction has a round-toe silhouette and logo detail. Comfortable leather-lined insoles an...Category
2010s Italian Sandals
- Christian Louboutin Black Satin and PVC Astrinodo Ankle Tie Sandals Size 40By Christian LouboutinLocated in Dubai, Al Qouz 2These sandals will frame your feet in an elegant manner. Crafted from quality materials, they flaunt a classy display, comfortable insoles & durable heels. Includes: Original Box, E...Category
2010s Italian Sandals
- Louis Vuitton Black Damier Nylon and Leather Fastlane Low Top Sneakers Size 43By Louis VuittonLocated in Dubai, Al Qouz 2Give your outfit a chic update with this pair of designer sneakers. The creation is sewn perfectly to help you make a statement in them for a long time. Includes: Original Dustbag, ...Category
2010s Italian Shoes
- Dolce & Gabbana Metallic Silver/Black Leather Crystal Embellished Cutout DetailBy Dolce & GabbanaLocated in Dubai, Al Qouz 2Dolce & Gabbana your look without compromising on comfort when you slip into these mules. Made from the finest material, the mules are perfect for any occasion and will leave you fee...Category
2010s Italian Shoes
- Christian Louboutin Black Suede Arpoador SneakersBy Christian LouboutinLocated in Dubai, Al Qouz 2Coming in a classic silhouette, these designer sneakers are a seamless combination of luxury, comfort, and style. These sneakers are designed with signature details and comfortable i...Category
2010s Italian Shoes
- Jimmy Choo Burgundy Suede Back Zipper Ankle Boots Size 37By Jimmy ChooLocated in Dubai, Al Qouz 2These ankle boots hail from the iconic house of Jimmy Choo. Crafted meticulously from suede, they come in a classy shade of burgundy. They are styled with 15 cm heels, silver-tone ha...Category
2010s Italian Ankle Boots
- Saint Laurent Suede Leather Boots Buckle Men Duckies Shoes Size 44EUR, USA10By Saint LaurentLocated in Kaunas, LTItem for sale is 100% genuine Saint Laurent Suede Leather Duckies Color: Black (An actual color may a bit vary due to individual computer screen interpre...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Unknown Boots
- CHRISTIAN LOUBOUTIN black CROCODILE ROLANDO Platform Pumps Shoes 38.5By Christian LouboutinLocated in Zürich, CH100% authentic Christian Louboutin Rolando platform pumps in black alligator with almond toe shape. Have been worn and are in excellent condition. Bl...Category
- Louis Vuitton Heritage Black Leather Riding BootsBy Louis VuittonLocated in Scottsdale, AZElevate your wardrobe with the Louis Vuitton Heritage Black Leather Riding Boots, a timeless symbol of luxury, sophistication, and style. Th...Category
2010s Italian Riding Boots
- Missoni Sandals in MulticolorBy MissoniLocated in Carnate, ITMissoni Sandals in Multicolor Missoni open heel. Size 38. Insole 25 cm. 14 cm heel. Platform 3 cm. Real leather. The shoe is in good condition, with only small signs of normal use...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Sandals
- Karl Lagerfeld 1990s Size 6 Black Suede Leather Bondage Inspired Vintage HeelsBy Karl LagerfeldLocated in San Diego, CACollectible vintage 90s KARL LAGERFELD black suede leather bondage inspired high heel shoes! Features three straps across the ankle with elastic at each side. Gold logo encrusted stu...Category
1990s Italian High Heels
- Chanel Black Lambskin Leather Lace-Up Oxford Heels ShoesBy ChanelLocated in Sheung Wan, HK- Chanel black lambskin leather lace-up oxford heels shoes. - Cap Toe. - "CC" embedded at the back. - Mid Heels. - Size 37.5Category
1990s Italian Low Heels