Items Similar to Geoffrey Beene Red and Black Silk Suit View More
Geoffrey Beene Red and Black Silk Suit
Typical of design master Geoffrey Beene, this suit exhibits the deceptive simplicity and attention to detail for which he was known. The silk jacket is fashioned of deep red silk with large black dots widely interspersed throughout. It has an asymmetrical closing fastened with three small black buttons, echoing the dots in the fabric and features an interesting take on a classic collar, with the neck back in black to match the skirt. Also of interest are the side slits, which accentuate the longer length of the jacket front. The straight skirt is in black silk and has a back zipper. Both pieces lined and labeled. Approximate size M. Jacket: B: 39"; H: 42" Skirt: W: 31"; H: 40"
- Place of OriginUnited States
- PeriodLate 20th Century
- Condition DetailsSkirt waistband may have been altered. Very faint pen mark on jacket.
- WearAltered (not by designer).
- Seller LocationAlford, MA
- Reference NumberLU2095049791
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Our Promise To You: If you're not happy with the way an item arrived, we'll work with you and the seller to reach an optimal resolution. Read more
Shipping, Returns & Payment
- ShippingRates vary by destination and complexityShipping methods are determined by item size, type, fragility and specific characteristics.Shipping costs are calculated based on carrier rates, delivery distance and packing complexity.
- Return Policy
This item can be returned within 1 day of delivery.View details
- Online Payment Methods1stdibs accepts the following payment methods
- Item InvoiceGenerate an invoice that you can customize and print.
About the Seller
4.5 / 5
1stdibs seller since 2011
Located in Alford, MA
You may also contact the seller by phoneCall seller through 1stdibs
More From This Seller
Geoffrey Beene Burgundy/Metallic Dress and Jacket
Geoffrey Beene, Geoffrey Beene
Late 20th Century Sheath Dresses
Chic Geoffrey Beene ensemble consisting of a slip dress and a bolero jacket crafted of a lightweight burgundy knit shot through with silver threads and accented with subtle sequins t...
Geoffrey Beene Forest Green Suit
1980s Skirt Suits
Geoffrey Beene forest green suit, c.1980s, with the seemingly simple, but exquisitely detailed, shaping for which the designer was known. The suit is composed of a wool crepe and fea...
Pauline Trigére Red Ensemble
1980s Suits, Outfits and Ensembles
1980s Pauline Trigére dress and jacket in a red linen-blend fabric, the sleeveless sheath dress with square neckline, shoulder tab detail with pearl button closure, and side back zi...
Geoffrey Beene Wool Jacket
Geoffrey Beene c.1980s double-sided wool jacket in orangey red featuring over panels in front shaped around armholes. Loose fitting, boxy shape with raglan sleeves, small collar, and...