Items Similar to Art Deco Buttercream Grid Vinyl Dance Clutch with Carved Bakelite Clasp, 1930s
- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
1 of 16
Art Deco Buttercream Grid Vinyl Dance Clutch with Carved Bakelite Clasp, 1930s
From its buttery color to its Moderne grooved surface to its exquisite carved Bakelite clasp, this day or evening clutch is a statement accessory that speaks volumes in style. Pairs beautifully with our stack of butterscotch carved Bakelite bangles, sold separately. Flat clutch purse with geometrically-machined grooved surface and carved Bakelite top clasp. Two interior compartments divided by a top snapping coin purse that spans the full width of the interior; side pocket and acetate hand loop on reverse. Fully lined in beige acetate. Original pocket mirror (still wrapped in waxed paper) included. material: grooved vinyl, Bakelite, brushed brasstone hardware, Bakelite noteworthy: clean with damp cloth repairs: re-glued vinyl exterior to cardboard frame where separated condition: good with above repairs, gentle surface wear and age-appropriate glue discoloration along edges measurements: width: 8” height: 5 ¾” depth: ½” mouth: opens to 6” carved clasp: 4 ¼” wide x ½” tall mirror: 3” tall x 2” wide label: Park Lane
- DesignerPark Lane
- BrandPark Lane
- DimensionsHeight: 5.75 in (14.61 cm)Width: 8 in (20.32 cm)Depth: 0.5 in (1.27 cm)
- StyleArt Deco (Of the Period)
- Place of OriginUnited States
- ConditionWear consistent with age and use. Altered (not by designer). Re-glued vinyl trim to backing where separated; age-appropriate glue discoloration along edges and very gentle surface wear.
- Seller LocationTucson, AZ
- Reference NumberSeller: 0813.21.0051stDibs: LU864313729552
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingShips From: Tucson, AZ
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 1 day of delivery.
About the Seller
Located in Tucson, AZ
These expertly vetted sellers are 1stDibs' most experienced sellers and are rated highest by our customers.
Established in 2005
1stDibs seller since 2017
259 sales on 1stDibs
Typical response time: 2 hours
More From This Seller
- New Walborg Black Wood Bead and Chenille Top Handle Pochette Purse– Japan, 1950sBy WalborgLocated in Tucson, AZDespite its deceptively small size, this pochette remains exceptionally roomy thanks to its fully opening center change purse-style pocket and two side compartments. Petite but pract...Category
1950s Japanese Top Handle Bags
- White Caviar Bead Box Purse w Tortoiseshell Lucite Lid and Braid Handle, 1950sLocated in Tucson, AZPost-war suburban gold, this nostalgic box purse combines the glamour of pavé beading with the retro appeal of Lucite to create a handbag appropriate for day or evening. A braided ca...Category
1950s Unknown Top Handle Bags
- Tangerine Satin Sleeveless Cape Coat Dress with Cascading Ruffles–O/S, 1960sLocated in Tucson, AZOne of the most outrageous garments in our collection in color, style and versatility. Of course it may be worn open as a sleeveless coat, but it also looks divine fixed closed with ...Category
1960s American Capes
- Valentino White and Camel Square Silk Twill Argyle Signature Scarf – 16”, 1970sBy ValentinoLocated in Tucson, AZWith just enough pop to catch the eye, this otherwise neutral signature scarf pairs with almost any colorway and is large enough to wear around the neck, on the head or on a purse ha...Category
1970s Italian Scarves
- New Orange and Yellow Jackson Pollock Splatter Stiletto Heel Pumps – 6, 1950sLocated in Tucson, AZA pump worthy of Peggy Guggenheim, these stilettos celebrate the abstract expressionist style of Jackson Pollock and were created during the height of his fame and creativity. Like t...Category
1950s American High Heels
- Josef Attrib. Silk Brocade Chinoiserie Handbag w Cabochon Studded Flap, 1950sBy Bags by JosefLocated in Tucson, AZSubtly striking, this exquisite silk handbag features a muted Chinoiserie motif that would be remarkable on its own were it not upstaged by its unique figured brass top lid, which is...Category
1950s French Evening Bags and Minaudières
You May Also Like
Donna Karan 1980s Caiman Crocodile Clutch
By Donna Karan
Located in Scottsdale, AZ
Elevate your purse collection with this Donna Karan clutch! Circa 1980s, this rare clutch is made of genuine caiman crocodile. Features a simple and timeless design and includes a pu...
1980s Italian Clutches
Parisi Vintage Black Leather Clutch Bag
Located in Milano, IT
Vintage black leather clutch bag designed by Parisi in the 1990s, made in Italy. The clutch bag is entirely made of black leather, clutch style, rectangular shape with triangle openi...
1980s Italian Clutches
Tom Ford Crystal-Embellished Mini Clutch Bag
By Tom Ford
Located in London, GB
A stunning crystal-embellished mini clutch bag by Tom Ford. This clutch features crystal-embellished soft goatskin leather and contrasting silver-tone crystals with TF design on the ...
21st Century and Contemporary Italian Clutches
$2,586 Sale Price
AW20 Moschino Couture Jeremy Scott Giant Pink Faux Fur Powder Puff Bag with Bow
By Moschino, Jeremy Scott
Located in Palm Springs, CA
AW20 Moschino Couture Jeremy Scott Giant Pink Faux Fur Powder Puff Bag with Bow Additional Information: Material: 57% Acrylic, 26% Cotton, 17% Modacrylic, Faux Fur Color: Pi...
2010s Italian Novelty Bags
Roberto Cavalli Circus Purse Black Leather Gold Animal Embellishment Chain Strap
By Roberto Cavalli
Located in San Francisco, CA
Roberto Cavalli circus bag in black leather with gold tone hardware. Gold detail on front features Ferris wheels and circus animals including elephants, leopards, and horses. Removab...
Early 2000s Italian Clutches
Moschino 1990s Redwall Black and Gold "Soft!" Clutch
Located in San Francisco, CA
Moschino Redwall 1990's super-soft black clutch reads 'Soft!' in curling gold embroidery. Signed 'Moschino at gold ball on top.' Hinge closure (kisslock at top is decorative.) Large...
1990s Italian Clutches
Huge 1930's Art Deco Beaded Clutch Bag Oversized Pristine
Located in New Hope, PA
A spectacular multi-color, oversized, 1930's beaded clutch in pristine condition is a very rare find. This bag is 7" high by 13" wide. The colors are bright and cheerful, adding not ...
1930s Belgian Clutches
$1,200 Sale Price
New York City Appliqued Clutch with Night Club and Shopping Theme Embroidery
Located in New Hope, PA
A black wool felt clutch is appliqued on the front side with a cheerful yellow checker taxi cab carrying two passengers. It is surrounded by embroidered names of chic retail stores i...
1940s American Novelty Bags
Carlos Falchi Large "Shades of Browns" Multi Skin Clutch
By Carlos Falchi
Located in New York, NY
Carlos Falchi Signature multi "shades of browns" multi skins such as snake and lizard makes for a wonderful clutch. The sides are finished with embossed calfskin for...
1980s Spanish Clutches
HERMES Mini Clutch in Blue Celadon Leather
Located in Paris, FR
Hermès mini clutch in blue celadon leather. Worn on the shoulder or by hand. Length of the handle: 62 cm Stamp S from private sales, made in France. Dimensions: length: 6.5 cm, he...
21st Century and Contemporary French Novelty Bags
Recently ViewedView More
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Trusted Global Delivery
More Ways To Browse
Vintage Novelty Bags
Vintage 1930s Purses
Vintage 1930s Handbags
Art N Vintage Handbags
Vintage Clasp Handbags
Vintage Clasp Handbag
Art And Vintage Handbags
Vintage Vinyl Purse