Items Similar to Pair of Early 19th Century French Wrought Iron Andirons with Fleur-de-lys View More
Pair of Early 19th Century French Wrought Iron Andirons with Fleur-de-lys
These antique wrought iron andirons were forged in France, circa 1820. This kind of andirons which feature a cupped, round shaped top, are called a "Landiers" in French, and were once used in homes as a food warmer. For instance, a bowl of soup could be balanced on the andiron cup to keep it warm near the hot fire. The Classic fireplace accessory is in excellent condition and has a rich patinated rust finish with a decorative fleur-de-lys motif welded inside a round ring. Measures: 15" W x 24" D x 31" H.
- Place of Origin
- Date of Manufacturecirca 1820
- Materials and TechniquesForgedWrought Iron,Patinated
- WearWear consistent with age and use.
- DimensionsH 31 in. x W 15 in. x D 24 in.H 78.74 cm x W 38.1 cm x D 60.96 cm
- Seller LocationDallas, TX
- Seller Reference Number152-236
- Sold AsSet of 2
- Reference NumberLU95127680923
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Our Promise To You: If you're not happy with the way an item arrived, we'll work with you and the seller to reach an optimal resolution. Read more
Shipping, Returns & Payment
- ShippingRates vary by destination and complexityShipping methods are determined by item size, type, fragility and specific characteristics.Shipping costs are calculated based on carrier rates, delivery distance and packing complexity.
- Return Policy
This item can be returned within 3 days of delivery.View details
- Online Payment Methods1stdibs accepts the following payment methods
- Item InvoiceGenerate an invoice that you can customize and print.
About the Seller
4.8 / 5
1stdibs seller since 2012
Located in Dallas, TX
More From This Seller
19th Century French Wrought Iron Island Six-Lig...
Antique Mid-19th Century French Gothic Chandeliers and Pendants
Decorate a kitchen island ceiling with this antique oblong fixture. Crafted in Normandy, France, circa 1860, the forged chandelier features an arched top with scroll designs. It has ...
Late 19th Century French Gothic Eight-Light Iro...
Antique Late 19th Century French Gothic Chandeliers and Pendants
Add the perfect amount of shine over your kitchen island with this flat bottom antique chandelier. Forged in France, circa 1890, the solid, scrolling fixture has a rectangular shape ...
19th Century French Gilt Bronze Fireplace Chene...
Antique Late 19th Century French Louis XV Andirons
This beautiful, three-piece set would add classic French elegance to your home fireplace; crafted in France, circa 1890, the set is made up of two gilt bronze chenets andirons, and a...
Early 20th Century French Painted Six-Light Iro...
Early 20th Century French Louis XV Chandeliers and Pendants
This elegant, scrolling, oblong chandelier would make a lovely addition to a home of any style. Crafted from iron, the chandelier was made in France, circa 1900. The light, expressiv...