1950s Seguso Murano Glass Gold Dusted Kidney Shaped Bowl with Controlled Bubbles
About the Item
- Creator:Archimede Seguso (Workshop/Studio)
- Dimensions:Height: 2.5 in (6.35 cm)Width: 7 in (17.78 cm)Depth: 5.75 in (14.61 cm)
- Style:Mid-Century Modern (Of the Period)
- Materials and Techniques:
- Place of Origin:
- Date of Manufacture:circa 1955
- Condition:Wear consistent with age and use. Very good condition. No chips or cracks. Very minor surface scratching from light use.
- Seller Location:North Miami, FL
- Reference Number:1stDibs: LU809718460992
Archimede Seguso redefined a 650-year family history of Murano glass-making with brilliance and novel techniques, elevating him to an exemplar for the maestros of his time as well as for future generations of glassmakers. This next generation included his sons and grandsons, who carried on and further expanded the family legacy of Venetian art glass. The survival and revival of traditional glassblowing combined with unique design are the legacies left behind by a master.
Seguso grew up in the family furnaces of the Soffieria Barovier Seguso and Ferro, where his training began at age 11. By the time he turned 20, he was a maestro in his own right, joining the family business as a partner.
In 1933 the company changed its name to Seguso Vetri D’Arte, and Seguso gained sole control. He collaborated with designers Flavio Poli and Vittorio Zecchin, which allowed him to achieve artistic sovereignty leading to the opening in 1946 of his own furnace, Vetreria Seguso Archimede. There, he could explore his design ideas with creative freedom. In 2007, the 23rd generation of Seguso glassmakers took the lead at Seguso Vetri D’Arte. Brothers Gianluca, Pierpaolo and Gianandrea Seguso carry a six-century dynasty of Seguso glass into the 21st Century.
Archimede Seguso’s art glass pays homage to tradition. Seguso studied and mastered techniques from centuries past, but he also pioneered innovative approaches, such as submersion and unconventional color constitutions. He awarded future generations with stunning and unprecedented effects, such as ribbed textures, rings, needle shapes and the appearance of embedded objects.
A lifetime of achievement created by Seguso is honored in museums worldwide, such as the Victoria and Albert Museum in London, MoMA in New York and Museum Kunstpalast in Dusseldorf, to name a few. His exhibit resume spans decades, beginning with XX Biennale, Venezia, in 1936. It includes a 1989 exhibit of “Il Maestro dei Maestri” at Tiffany & Co., New York, and 2013 exhibitions at Musée Maillol in Paris and Museo della Basilica di San Marco in Venice.
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: North Miami, FL
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 3 days of delivery.
- 1960s Seguso White and Clear Gold Dusted Murano Glass Pineapple LampBy Seguso Vetri d'ArteLocated in North Miami, FLNot to big, not too small, this nicely scaled, tropical-chic Seguso Murano glass pineapple lamp has a clear glass body and white details - all dusted with gold leaf inclusions. Origi...Category
Vintage 1960s Italian Hollywood Regency Table LampsMaterials
- 60s Italian Ceramic and Fused Glass Mosaic Ashtray / Tray by Bitossi for RaymorBy Aldo Londi, Raymor, BitossiLocated in North Miami, FLThis large 1960s Italian Aldo Londi-attributed textured ceramic ashtray by Bitossi dazzles in the sheer number of fused glass colors achieved in its "fritte" tile mosaic interior. Im...Category
Vintage 1960s Italian Mid-Century Modern AshtraysMaterials
Ceramic, Art Glass
- White Cased Murano Glass Floor Lamp with Gold Leaf Inclusions, circa 1950Located in North Miami, FL1950s white cased Murano glass floor lamp with shimmering gold leaf inclusions sprinkled throughout. Height measurement is 65 in. to top of diffuser, 51 in. to top of Murano glass el...Category
Vintage 1950s Italian Mid-Century Modern Floor LampsMaterials
- Large Vintage Murano Glass Vase in the Style of SegusoBy Angelo SegusoLocated in North Miami, FLBeautiful hand blown fluted Murano vase in the style of Angelo Seguso, executed in amber and clear glass with gold dust and sparkling inclusions. Large in scale - perfect statement ...Category
Mid-20th Century Italian Mid-Century Modern UrnsMaterials
- Set of 12 Custom Commissioned Plates by Piero Fornasetti for Fleming Joffe LtdBy FornasettiLocated in North Miami, FLA rare collection of 12 custom commissioned plates made by Piero Fornasetti for New York small leather goods company, Fleming Joffe Ltd. in the 196...Category
Vintage 1960s Italian Mid-Century Modern PorcelainMaterials
- Pair of Rare Murano Glass Handkerchief Lamps on Brass Base, 1950'sLocated in North Miami, FLUnusual and rare pair of free-form handkerchief shaped Murano glass lamps in pale yellow-gold with white casing and sparkling aventurine spots. Brushed, solid- brass bases. (Shades n...Category
Vintage 1950s Italian Mid-Century Modern Table LampsMaterials
- A. Seguso, Murano Controlled Bubble Amethyst Glass Bowl, Italy, Circa 1960'sBy Archimede SegusoLocated in Chatham, ONArchimede Seguso - Mid century studio glass bowl - featuring controlled bubble decoration and ribbons of gold flecks throughout - striking amethyst color glass - quatrefoil shape - u...Category
Mid-20th Century Italian Mid-Century Modern Decorative BowlsMaterials
- Archimede Seguso Red Gold Flecks and Controlled Bubbles Italian Art Glass BowlBy Archimede SegusoLocated in Barcelona, ESEye-catching hand blown Murano cranberry red, gold flecks and controlled bubbles art glass bowl or ashtray. Attributed to Archimede Seguso,...Category
Mid-20th Century Italian Mid-Century Modern Decorative BowlsMaterials
- Red Orange Murano Ashtray with Controlled Bubble Design by Seguso, circa 1950sBy SegusoLocated in Fort Lauderdale, FLMid-Century Modern Venetian glass ashtray in hues of deep red and orange. Handblown chunky glass with beautiful rounded form featuring controlled bubble accents and curved notches al...Category
Vintage 1950s Italian Mid-Century Modern Decorative BowlsMaterials
Blown Glass, Murano Glass
- Seguso Murano Pink White Opalescent Art Glass Heart Bowl, 1950sBy Archimede SegusoLocated in Barcelona, ESEye-catchinng heart shaped Sommerso bowl in pink and opal white Murano glass. Attributed to Seguso, Italy, 1950s. Pink / cranberry glass submerged into opalescent white glass using the Sommerso technique and controlled air bubbles. Use it as rings bowl, ashtray or display it as decorative bowl alone or as a part of a Murano glass collection...Category
20th Century Italian Mid-Century Modern AshtraysMaterials
Art Glass, Blown Glass, Murano Glass, Sommerso
- Archimede Seguso Alabastro Murano White Amber Geode Glass Bowl, 1950sBy Archimede SegusoLocated in Barcelona, ESHand blown Murano glass Sommerso geode bowl in amber and white color attributed to Archimede Seguso, Italy, 1950s. This alabastro bowl has an eye-...Category
20th Century Italian Mid-Century Modern Decorative BowlsMaterials
Glass, Art Glass, Blown Glass, Murano Glass, Sommerso, Opaline Glass
- Seguso Vetri d'Arte Murano Green Gold Sommerso Bubbles Italian Art Glass BowlBy Seguso Vetri d'Arte, Flavio Poli, Archimede SegusoLocated in Kissimmee, FLBeautiful Murano handblown Sommerso green, gold flecks and controlled bubbles Italian art glass bowl / ashtray. Documented to designer Flavio Poli and Archimede Seguso for Seguso Vet...Category
Mid-20th Century Italian Art Deco Decorative BowlsMaterials
Recently ViewedView All
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Trusted Global Delivery