Items Similar to 19th Century Russian Ormolu "Dancing Bear" Sculpture View More
19th Century Russian Ormolu "Dancing Bear" Sculpture
19th century Russian Ormolu "Dancing Bear" sculpture, finely cast figure of a bear holding a twig, standing on a roped revolving, iron pedestal. The simplistic mechanism which allows the Bear sculpture to be "level" and spin. Due to the weight of the cast iron base with a protruding screw, which is not noticeable, the piece appears to be level on the table and the bear can make 360 degree turn when turned.
- Of the Period
- Place of Origin
- Date of Manufacture19th Century
- Materials and Techniques
- WearWear consistent with age and use.
- DimensionsH 4.75 in. x Dm 2 in.H 12.07 cm x Dm 5.08 cm
- Diameter2 in. (5.08 cm)
- Seller LocationWest Palm Beach, FL
- Seller Reference Number00005542
- Reference NumberLU259239850773
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Our Promise To You: If you're not happy with the way an item arrived, we'll work with you and the seller to reach an optimal resolution. Read more
Shipping, Returns & Payment
- ShippingRates vary by destination and complexityShipping methods are determined by item size, type, fragility and specific characteristics.Shipping costs are calculated based on carrier rates, delivery distance and packing complexity.
- Return Policy
This item can be returned within 2 days of delivery.View details
- Online Payment Methods1stdibs accepts the following payment methods
- Item InvoiceGenerate an invoice that you can customize and print.
About the Seller
4.9 / 5
1stdibs seller since 2017
Located in West Palm Beach, FL
More From This Seller
19th Century Grand Tour Bronze Sculpture of Nar...
Antique 1870s Italian Grand Tour Figurative Sculptures
19th century grand tour bronze sculpture of narcissus with fig leaf, (non removable) of typical form, nicely cast with warm verdigris patina. Anatomically correct, covered with affix...
Pair of 19th Century Grand Tour Roman Feet Bron...
Antique 19th Century Italian Grand Tour Candlesticks
Pair of 19th century grand tour Roman feet bronze candlesticks, each one realistically cast of one pair of human feet, that hold one standard candle.
Gestuz Viennese Cold Painted Bronze Lizard and ...
Antique Late 19th Century Austrian High Victorian Animal Sculptures
Viennese cold painted bronze naturalistic lizard and snake confrontation sculpture, amazing realistically cast and painted sculpture stamped Gestuz and numbered 5901.
19th Century Three-Section Specimen Agate and O...
Antique 19th Century European Decorative Boxes
19th century three-section specimen agate and ormolu box, Of rectangular shape, made of 14 individual ormolu-mounted agate panels, the top three beveled, raised on four agate ball fe...