Items Similar to 19th Century Grand Tour Bronze Sculpture of the Dancing Faun View More
19th Century Grand Tour Bronze Sculpture of the Dancing Faun
19th century large grand tour bronze sculpture of The Dancing Faun; this classical figure of substantial scale and of good quality with a dark patination standing on a stepped rectangular plinth. The original excavated in Pompeii in 1830, now on display at the Museo Archeologico Nazionale, Naples, Italy. Italy, circa 1870. Good condition. Dimensions (ins) 32.5 high x 12 inches wide x 12.5 deep.
- In the Style Of
- Place of Origin
- Date of Manufacture1870
- WearWear consistent with age and use.
- DimensionsH 32.5 in. x W 12 in. x D 12.5 in.H 82.55 cm x W 30.48 cm x D 31.75 cm
- Seller LocationMoreton-in-Marsh, GB
- Seller Reference NumberR0400
- Reference NumberLU972212977321
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Our Promise To You: If you're not happy with the way an item arrived, we'll work with you and the seller to reach an optimal resolution. Read more
Shipping, Returns & Payment
- ShippingRates vary by destination and complexityShipping methods are determined by item size, type, fragility and specific characteristics.Shipping costs are calculated based on carrier rates, delivery distance and packing complexity.
- Return Policy
This item can be returned within 2 days of delivery.View details
- Online Payment Methods1stdibs accepts the following payment methods
- Item InvoiceGenerate an invoice that you can customize and print.
About the Seller
5 / 5
1stdibs seller since 2013
Located in Moreton-in-Marsh, GB
More From This Seller
19th Century Grand Tour Classical Bronze Sculpt...
Antique Mid-19th Century Italian Figurative Sculptures
19th century Grand Tour, classical bronze sculpture of the Borghese Gladiator. Standing on a bronze shaped plinth. The good patination emphasising his well sculpted muscles; and fine...
19th Century Bronze Grand Tour Bust of Ajax
Antique Mid-19th Century French Grand Tour Busts
19th century bronze Grand Tour bust of Ajax; depicting the Greek hero looking dexter, bearded and with flowing hair, his helmet cast with centaurs fighting soldiers, and crouching pa...
19th Century Large Bronze Grand Tour Sculpture ...
Antique Late 19th Century Italian Grand Tour Figurative Sculptures
Impressive 19th century bronze grand tour sculpture of Venus de Milo, of very large scale, this well cast, classical figure with a good rich patina emphasizing her shape and curves. ...
19th Century Large Italian Marble Sculpture of ...
Antique Mid-19th Century Italian Classical Roman Figurative Sculptures
Exceptional 19th century large Italian marble sculpture of the Uffizi Wrestlers; this large scale classical grand tour sculpture carved in serpentine marble, showing good movement an...