Items Similar to Late 19th Century Native American Tribal Beaded Leather Bag View More
Late 19th Century Native American Tribal Beaded Leather Bag
Offered by Callie Morgan Oakes. Late 19th century Native American tribal beaded bag. Sioux, Northern Great Plains, USA. A tipi (catch-all) bag In Classic Sioux blue. This type of beading was created for personal use and to show off the artist’s expertise. The storage bag is beaded on one side, sinew sewn in a “lazy stitch” with a decoration of abstract form in blue, white, green, cobalt and gold. The edges are also beaded with metal jingles and red dyed horsehair. Two tufts of horsehair are missing. A custom-made, museum style, metal wall mount is available for order.
- Production TimeAvailable Now
- Of the PeriodNative American
- Place of Origin
- Date of ManufactureUnknown
- Materials and TechniquesBeadedLeather
- Condition DetailsThe horsehair from two tin cones is missing. I have not noticed any beads missing yet there may be the odd one.
- WearWear consistent with age and use. Minor losses.
- DimensionsH 12 in. x W 17 in. x D 4 in.H 30.48 cm x W 43.18 cm x D 10.16 cm
- Seller LocationSan Franciso, CA
- Seller Reference NumberMO 001
- Reference NumberLU177823833022
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Our Promise To You: If you're not happy with the way an item arrived, we'll work with the seller on your behalf to ensure you're satisfied with the resolution. Read more
Delivery, Returns & Payment
- DeliveryRates vary by destination and complexityShipping methods are determined by item size, type, fragility and specific characteristics.Shipping costs are calculated based on carrier rates, delivery distance and packing complexity.
- Return Policy
This item can be returned within 3 days of delivery.View details
- Online Payment Methods1stdibs accepts the following payment methods
- Item InvoiceGenerate an invoice that you can customize and print.
About the Seller
4.9 / 5
1stdibs seller since 2015
Located in San Franciso, CA
You may also contact the seller by phoneCall seller through 1stdibs
More From This Seller
Late 19th-Early 20th Century Tribal Native Amer...
American Tribal Art
Rare Late 19th Century Tribal Forged Iron Hook ...
Cameroonian Mounted Objects
Late 19th Century Tribal Mandau Sword Hilt, Bor...
Indonesian Tribal Art
Antler, Rattan, Wood
You May Also Like
Late 19th Century Vanuatu Canoe Prow, "Naho"
Vanuatuan Tribal Art
French Bronze Sculpture "Crouching Native American Indian" E. Drouot
By Edouard Drouot
French Bronze Sculpture "Crouching Native Ameri...
French Figurative Sculptures
Late 19th Century Tribal Sotho Prestige Vessel,...
Lesothian Tribal Art
Antique Native American Mojave Dolls, 19th Century
American Native American Objects
Pair of Native American Indian Sculptures signed-Jean Jules Salmson circa 1860
By Jean Jules Salmson
$19,800 / set
Pair of Native American Indian Sculptures signe...
Jean Jules Salmson
19th Century Aboriginal Churinga, Australia
Australian Tribal Art
Large Buffalo Skull with Native American Foot P...